It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CSIS- Canada's CIA?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Retorque

Thanks? No need to get all defensive I was just correcting. Wasnt just 'copy and pasting' it is THEIR website, they know best. Straight from the horses mouth. Plus as I mentione I have talked to them in person.

You act like getting training from Mossad or Sayerat is a bad thing, every agency does, FSB and such get paid a lot to train other governments', we did even, I believe the FSK and HJK structure is a copy of FSB's too.

Im no fan of the Israeli government but their people know what they're doing, intelligence agencies make friends with all others, including what regular people may think 'enemy countries'.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by leo123
You must be another naive American.

Hmmm?

Yes, the Canadian government has extensive worldwide internal and external security systems that are not only highly effective, they obviously work very closely with all levels of the US Government and others.

Have you ever heard of NORAD?

Welcome to the Great White North.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by leo123]

From your "addition" to this thread, I take it that you must be another presumptuous, arrogant Canadian then, hmmm?

Yes, BTW I have heard of NORAD (although it is off-topic here, and I don't see any particular relevance to my initial questions). Its headquarters is/was located in Cheyenne Mountain just outside Colorado Springs, CO BTW.

Did you study at the Richard Bruce Cheney School of Foreign Relations, leo?

[edit on 30-10-2009 by rhunter]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Thanks Dimitri.

That was as informative as I'm guessing you were "at liberty" to make it. Just as a point of clarification for other readers, this is the ECHELON that I was referring to:

www.fas.org...

I believe that Dmitri meant the same one. This poses an interesting question- exactly who/what has "oversight" on that system???

[edit on 30-10-2009 by rhunter]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Every nation on the planet has some kind of intelligence organisation, and more often than not, several different types of intelligence organisations.

There are basically two different spheres of operation, domestic intelligence gathering (security), foreign intelligence gathering (spying).

These can usually be further sub divided into military, trade, and civilian operations.

How it is all set up, and works, can be very different in different countries.
In Australia we have ASIO (domestic) and ASIS (foreign).

I always understood the RCMP did domestic security in Canada, at least they used to.
And no doubt some other more shadowy organisation for their overseas based spooks.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rhunter

I guess I had the abbreviation wrong, it is technically "AUSCANZUKUS". This stands for Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and US as all being the fundamental powers in the ECHELON system.

ECHELON seems to be just like INTERPOL but with more focus on intel gathering (probably NATO oriented). I'll have to check it out whenever I make it to Ottawa.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join