It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House admits: We 'control' news media

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

:shk:

Deliberately Hoaxing the board with information knowingly false?

THat was not a hoax, There I took Reptilian off, party pooper,

watch the video,

[edit on 093131p://bSunday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I think these people last in their little social circles about as long as people do in the Mafia, or the Royal family, etc. ....

"It's a club, and we ain't in it." - G.C.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

I think these people last in their little social circles about as long as people do in the Mafia, or the Royal family, etc. ....

"It's a club, and we ain't in it." - G.C.

Ain't that the truth, Imagine spending your life filled with deception, how do they sleep at night?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Hey, I liked the Reptilian bit. After all, look at her tongue when she talks. Somebody else posted about that on another thread. Ahem, funny.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by idle_rocker
Hey, I liked the Reptilian bit. After all, look at her tongue when she talks. Somebody else posted about that on another thread. Ahem, funny.

TY I liked it too, but some people could get my topic moved into hoax section, so I must play it cool.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I was doing some research and found this.

ff.org...

The Phoenix Group

But transparency was not on display among the Scottsdale participants contacted by The Hill. Details of the meeting remained sparse.

Most of the participants had already seen Stein’s slick presentation titled “The Conservative Message Machine’s Money Matrix,” which lays out how right-leaning donors have funded and invested in organizations that churn out conservative ideas. Stein unveiled his presentation at the Democratic National Convention in Boston last year, at an event hosted by Rosenberg and NDN.

Ingersoll denied that progressives are merely trying to replicate Heritage and Fox News.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by idle_rocker

TY I liked it too, but some people could get my topic moved into hoax section, so I must play it cool.

Certainly not trying to insinuate you should look for a loophole,
, but couldn't you add the Reptillian bit in another post outside the very first one? Then it would be your opinion and I don't see how an opinion can be considered a hoax. Anyway. This news is neither new to me not shocking, as I am sure most people feel, but it's still sad to confirm those beliefs.

I love this country and I want it to succeed in every way. But without a free press, conditions in every other aspect of life diminish as well; tainted news is tainted life.

I hope we can someday no longer be at war and regain some of the freedoms we have lost over the last decade.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Confused and Dazed!

It's not just the Obama Admin. You should know that. Fox News is no exception. They might expose the Obama Admin for what it is but they pull a 180 on their "investigative" skills once the republicans have control.

The same can be said for CNN, MSNBC, and the like. I still don't understand why there's a group of people who always think Fox is the only trustworthy news show. Perhaps because Fox News tears apart libs/dems and coddles conservatives/repubs? Political bias at it's best. Once again, no better than CNN and MSNBC.

CNN/MSNBC cry whenever Fox has something critical to say about Obama, but Fox was doing the same thing when Bush was criticized. Bush was our savior according to Fox news, now it's Obama according to CNN.

Here's an idea, don't listen to ANY of those fools.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I hate to break it to the White House ..... they DO NOT CONTROL the MEDIA ....
the MEDIA is for better or for worse, the FRIEND of the PEOPLE, not the FRIEND of the Administration, and certainly, not the FRIEND of BARAQ BAMAH (The Anti-Messiah / Anti-Christ).

BHO is currently setting himself up for the world stage as the Leader of the World, but he has to fabricate his stories to get people to follow him and I for one, am not one who will follow him, no matter what he does, says, or anything else. READ the last chapter of the Holy Bible in the New Testament if you don't believe me. Its all there.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
www.wnd.com...

"Very rarely did we communicate
through the press anything that we didn't absolutely control," said Dunn,

Your title says they control the news media when your quote says they control what they tell to the independent news media. Great manipulation. Please present an example of a single presidential administration that hasn't been selective to some extent about what they tell the press. You people will have to try harder than that to top Fox News.

Also, World Net Daily.......hahahahah

[edit on 19-10-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Every presidential candidate, president elect and president has done this, it is nothing new.

"while rarely communicating anything to the press unless it was "controlled,"

Pre-interviews, "approved questions", staged events, generated exclusives etc.

All top political figures (regardless of party) do this.

Of course they will control, as much as they can, everything they feed to the media.

It would be politically reckless to do it any other way.

They may wish to entirely control the media, but that is virtually impossible, especially in these times and with the vast technologies and ways in which the public can access news and information.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Ignorance

Originally posted by Evisscerator
I hate to break it to the White House ..... they DO NOT CONTROL the MEDIA ....
the MEDIA is for better or for worse, the FRIEND of the PEOPLE, not the FRIEND of the Administration, and certainly, not the FRIEND of BARAQ BAMAH (The Anti-Messiah / Anti-Christ).

Ignorance Denied

Originally posted by nunya13
CNN/MSNBC cry whenever Fox has something critical to say about Obama, but Fox was doing the same thing when Bush was criticized. Bush was our savior according to Fox news, now it's Obama according to CNN.

Here's an idea, don't listen to ANY of those fools.

"Spin" is controlling the message, not the messenger.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evisscerator READ the last chapter of the Holy Bible in the New Testament if you don't believe me. Its all there.

While you are getting future predictions from the Bible, how about some investment tips? Share the wealth. Oh - you're just interpreting old, generic nonsense? Nevermind.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I'm sorry, is this new information??? Is this something that everyone on this board did not already know?

Just checking.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

Thanks for the definition - why don't you share your insights with Bill O'Reilly? If you honestly think Fox is fair and balanced and the O'Reilly factor is the "No Spin Zone," you are certifiably insane. I would take anything you say seriously if I hadn't heard Fox defending Bush/Cheney 24/7 for 8 years strait. Cheney shot a man in the face and served no jail time. If the liberals control the universe, why wouldn't Cheney go to jail for shooting a man in the face?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by andrewh7

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

Thanks for the definition - why don't you share your insights with Bill O'Reilly? If you honestly think Fox is fair and balanced and the O'Reilly factor is the "No Spin Zone," you are certifiably insane. I would take anything you say seriously if I hadn't heard Fox defending Bush/Cheney 24/7 for 8 years strait. Cheney shot a man in the face and served no jail time. If the liberals control the universe, why wouldn't Cheney go to jail for shooting a man in the face?

FOX News is neither "fair" nor "balanced."

Did the fact that I denounced our current media system in my post (and previous ones) lead you to believe that I was a supporter of O'Reilly?

Our system is broken. Some pundits are less ethical than others. Unfortunately, they all have to play "the game" to get ahead in our corrupt system. Politicians and their media handlers are no different.

You could probably have handled that last post without flaming.

Stop The Madness.

[edit on 10/19/2009 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Wow look at the main page... The white house is really taking the heat about this and not in a good way.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The reason I don't read WND is because of articles such as this one. Yes, in the video clip Dunn did say, "Very rarely did we communicate through the press anything that we didn't absolutely control." However, WND knows it's readers and is hinting at a scary type of control. When taken out of context with everything else that was being said, it could be seen as just that.

One the other hand, what she was really saying was that their campaign strategy was targeted at getting their message out the way that they wanted it. They accomplished this by being vary disciplined about what was said to the media. This opposed to having staffers leaking information about certain issues. It would be comparable to a football coach telling his team to go out on the field and control the game, as opposed to letting the other team take control.

So in reality (I like that phrase), she was talking about their strategy to get the message they wanted out to the voters. If your not the ones in control of getting your message out to the voters, then your running a sorry campaign. That's basically the message Dunn gives in the video, maybe not the article which was taken out of context, but certainly the video.

Oh yeah, just in case anybody was wondering. I am getting the direction of the article from their subtitle in the report, "Communications chief offers shocking confession to foreign government."

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Interesting, because the only thing this lady is saying is that they did what they could internally via their MESSAGING to ensure that when the media came a knockin... they focused on WHAT WAS ACTUALLY BEING SAID as opposed to tactics and why it's being said.

This is no different from the work of any publicist when dealing with the media....

In any situation, either the media drives the story, or you drive the media, it doesn't matter who you are... sports personality, movie celeb, or politician running for office... the first rule is YOU MUST CONTROL THE MEDIA... not the other way around...

This is FAR... FAR from anything that you are insinuating...

Frankly I'm surprised you don't understand it either...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Press Secretary.............
The people who put the WH news out there so you guys get what they want you to get. I would say get it right, but when have they ever done that?
LOL
Note to ATS'ers - If you don't have a press secretary, you ain't telling the truth!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join