It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House admits: We 'control' news media

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
www.wnd.com...

Anita Dunn disclosed to the Dominican government at a videotaped conference.

"Very rarely did we communicate
through the press anything that we didn't absolutely control," said Dunn,

"One of the reasons we did so many of the David Plouffe videos was not just for our supporters, but also because it was a way for us to get our message out without having to actually talk to reporters," said Dunn, referring to Plouffe, who was Obama's chief campaign manager.

Continued Dunn: "Whether it was a David Plouffe video or an Obama speech, a huge part of our press strategy was focused on making the media cover what Obama was actually saying as opposed to why the campaign was saying it, what the tactic was. … Making the press cover what we were saying."

Who now seems to be in control of her involuntary tongue movements.

And that's the truth,

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 083131p://bSunday2009 by Stormdancer777]

[edit on 093131p://bSunday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

This is from world news daily...you've been hoaxed.

Anybody who writes.." reptilian", come on now..

Edit: I HAVE BEEN DUPPED!! See Below

~Keeper

[edit on 10/18/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

This is from world news daily...you've been hoaxed.

Anybody who writes.." reptilian", come on now..

~Keeper

I added that LOLOLOL

Keeping you guys on your toes.

NOw watch the video, she said it.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

My apologies, I looked at the site and it is credible. I was thinking about the more ridiculous one, but I can't remember the name right now.

Yeah so this story is a little scary.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

My apologies, I looked at the site and it is credible. I was thinking about the more ridiculous one, but I can't remember the name right now.

Yeah so this story is a little scary.

~Keeper

That's OK, perhaps, I should not have added it, the topic is important.

Gotta have a little fun around here, I guess.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
This has been going on for years from Democratic to Republican administrations:

Controlling the message

"The Bush administration has perfected the art of tightly controlling information. And it has paid no price for its disciplined, on-message, my-way-or-the-highway approach. The press might want to get used to it--this may be the template for future presidencies," Lori Robertson wrote in the March/April 2005 American Journalism Review.

"This White House has gone beyond mastering damage control to making pre-emptive strikes that distort unfavorable information or keep it hidden from public view."—Editorial, Roanoke Times, August 9, 2003.

The Technique

Controlling the message can be accomplished through various means, including setting the agenda: "telling the truth and answering questions before they were asked, prepared statements and designated subject matter experts as spokespersons, and getting key messages out early to gain the media's trust."

The "public relations professional is in charge of controlling the message," according to Ingrid Cummings of Rubicon Communications. "It is critical to develop a set of key message points: simple declarations of fact relevant to the fact pattern. Once they have developed key message points, professionals practice them and keep delivering them succinctly and repeatedly in response to media inquiries."

The fact is that any group in politics that is unable to get ahead of an issue before throwing out there for the media wolves will not be a group with relevance for very long.

Nice alarmist article though. .

www.sourcewatch.org...

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

Nice alarmist article though

Your welcome,

The sad thing is I would be willing to bet most people don't realize it, the amount of media control, that is.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I absolutely agree with you there!
Unfortunately our media and political systems mirror our dysfunctional society.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
So she says its now 100% expected that anything ever said or discussed will end up on youtube. I have always said never trust that web portal or any web portal in general, nothing ever is presented to the public unless it is strictly controlled by the elite for a purpose, which is generally to keep people in this group solidarity. I for one generally take the ideas you can assume from these web videos from any portal and go the other direction, because if it was something truly nefarious the public would know nothing of it.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

I absolutely agree with you there!
Unfortunately our media and political systems mirror our dysfunctional society.

Yes, I am always surprised how little my friends want to hear.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Also as a side note that became a full note: People "proved" that youtube was yanking articles off pertaining to certain recent political or social events...and if youtube, a subsidiary of Google, has the power to do that then why have they not done it to all the "truther" and "revelation" videos from these modern prophets of knowledge and freedom...just an idea. But I absolutely agree with the "conspiracy" of total media control, even more so than those who are enlightened to this subject believe there to be, this conversation itself even fits in with their plots and plans.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by Aziroth]

[edit on 18-10-2009 by Aziroth]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Aziroth

People "proved" that youtube was yanking articles off pertaining to certain recent political or social events.

Not only youtube.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Scary and depressing I'd say.

I suppose we have to trust that it's all done within reason....

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
This woman is wayyy past crazy. Everything she says is crazy.

But I would expect no less I guess.

I_R

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Everyone except FOX NEWS, which is as they say, like rubbing kerosene on the cry babies ass of the White House. Burn baby burn.

Fox News has a major battle ahead of it. The very foundations of the first amendment will be challenged by this thin skinned, egotistical administration.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Right, its every website, I have read articles about webmasters yanking articles off this website that were too controversial. The whole system is slanted, its all controlled, they allow things that draw the attention of the public towards sketchy subversive things just to ensure that they stay occupied on something that has no bearing on their plans, the plans themselves are subverted in trickery just to send off the masses. The only way to ever stop the cycle is to leave the comforts of home and physically stop these people, but there's no recruiting people for that cause specially not on here...hmm I wonder why that rule exists...im sure something like to keep ATS nonpartisan, to protect the viewers from discrimination, what silly reasons reminds me of the government saying we dont want you watching or seeing what we dont want you to see or watch so you cant conform to a single group and stop us...sorry im just going deeper and deeper into this, what a tumble hole you can get yourself into, its not like this article started by declaring absolute media control or anything...

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Straight from the horses a#@. It is so refreshing to hear Dunn confirm what we have all known since this whole charade actually began. What puzzles me however, is the fact that she has been given such a long leash lately. Probably just a ploy to allow her to strangle herself.

I wonder what Glib Gibbs will have to say about this?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
www.chron.com...

Perhaps the WH,is now going to try and pacify Fox, with honey.

White House vows to play nice with Fox News

WASHINGTON — White House advisers pledged on Sunday to book administration officials on Fox News despite claims by the president's inner circle that the cable network is a GOP mouthpiece whose programming “is geared toward making money.”

Last week, White House communications director Anita Dunn said Fox News operates “almost as either the research arm or the communications arm of the Republican Party.” On Sunday, Rahm Emanuel, President Barack Obama's chief of staff, said, “It is not a news organization so much as it has a perspective.”

In response to the criticism, Fox News executive Michael Clemente on Sunday accused the White House of continuing to “declare war on a news organization” rather than focusing on issues such as jobs and health care.

“The door remains open and we welcome a discussion about the facts behind the issues,” Clemente, senior vice president of news, said in a written statement.

Will they be able to buy off FOX?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

:shk:

Deliberately Hoaxing the board with information knowingly false?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Dunn served as a junior aide in the Carter administration before joining Sen. John Glenn's failed presidential bid in 1984 and also working for Bill Bradley, then a New Jersey senator. She took a leave of absence from her firm to help Bradley in his 2000 primary challenge against Al Gore, for whom Squier Knapp Dunn also worked. And then with her party out of power in the Bush years, Senate Democratic leaders Tom Daschle and Evan Bayh called on her expertise.

Dunn specializes in rescue missions. Gina Glantz, who managed Bradley's presidential campaign and is now a visiting fellow at Harvard's Institute of Politics, said she remembered that when the former basketball star and candidate suffered an irregular heartbeat that sent him to the hospital, Dunn took control of the situation. She developed the damage-control message and armed senior campaign staffers with a list of influential reporters to call.

She
Dunn specializes in rescue missions, and damage-control , been around since Carter,

Don't these people ever GO AWAY?????

www.washingtonpost.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join