It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you going to do the day when Nibiru arrives?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I would have a orgy at my house. If Im gonna die im gonna die happy.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

if this whole 2012 thing produces nothing and december 22nd 2012 roles round...i bet you and the rest of the mega beleivers wont learn a thing...you'l still beleive the next doomsday prophecy that comes along without any reluctance

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Well that depends on which "Nibiru" you are referring to. My understanding is that "Nibiru" is translated as "Crossing of the planet". What we know of the Mayan calendar is that the December 21, 2012 marks the completion of our solar system crossing the galactic plane. Many scholars believe that then the Mayan calendar long-count begins anew, just like our calendar beginning anew on January 1st every year. I find all of this discussion regarding the end of the world as silly as someone finding our modern calendar believing that the world will end on December 31st!

Now if you are referring to some unknown planet called "Nibiru" then my only response to that is

Heck, people need to keep in mind that even the word "Apocolypse" literally means "New beginning". People have been prediciting the end of the world for as long as human civilation has been around - probably even before that. Og say world end 3 day - unga munga - Og say fill caves with food and water!
It plays to our primal fears but has very little evidence supporting it.

Yes, one day CIVILIZATION as we know it will cease - this will be due to a natural calamity or a complete collapse of civilized society due to man-made disasters (i.e: depression, nuclear/biological/chemical attack etc...) but humans will persevere and a new societal order will emerge, hence the apocolypse... a new beginning. I fear that this scenario is closer than we realize, ergo the whole "Nibiru" as a planet coming to destroy Earth is a side-show not worthy of our attention. We have much more pressing issues to deal with now.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
My contingency plan is already under way. According to my sources, higher elevations are your best bet...although, who knows?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551
Just what are you going to do the day when you could clearly see Nibiru in the sky and there is no avoiding it?

Smoke a cigar.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I would wonder why it wasn't visible until then, then I would concede that I was wrong and probably go try to find my family.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join