It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Balloon Boy Hoax: To warn the masses about Reptilian threat?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Asagi

Okay - that video is hilarious! I can't really blame the neighbor for getting PO'd but everything that happens after is just absurd - the dude in the yellow shirt who tries to save the day with his running full-nelson ninja attack - what the hell was that?? My favorite is when he starts get punched in the head, the first guy briefly attempts to jump back in - all the while STILL TALKING ON HIS CELL PHONE.

Anyway, to get back on-topic - I think this kind of touches on the bigger problem the UFO community faces in trying to gain respect. It's not just the tin-foil crowd making us look bad - it's the overall absurd, vapid mainstream culture we live in. People consistently prefer to embrace this kind of nonsense rather than the legitimate challenging questions put forth by the real UFO phenomenon.

If you want people to take this subject seriously that means YOU have to take it seriously. It means you have to read and fact-check and analyze and double-check every piece of information presented to you. But the majority of people have no interest in that - they just want to be spoon-fed everything. The only real difference between the tinfoil believer bunch and the rest of mainstream society is what flavor of bullcrap they prefer.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
I think the smart thing to do is ignore this embarrassing mess/ Giving fools like that free attention and a stage from which to spout utter nonsense does none of us any good.

I don't know whats worse, that there re fools like him out there or that there is such a large audience that would follow him. Reptilians indeed....what a laughable joke.

I think this guy and his balloon boy have done lots of harm to the Disclosure movement and his claims that it was part of a plan to warn us about the Reptilian threat is something he thought of after to cover his behind.

As far as the Reptilian issue, I'm honestly not sure anymore. There was Icke and then I checked out Alex Collier both claiming that there are many ancient cultures who have discussed the issue, but then I watched the Credo Mutwa interviews and more and more it seems that this stuff could be real.
On the other hand it could be propaganda to prime us for the FALSE FLAG ALIEN INVASION that's been planned for so long.
In a world so full of lies and distractions how can we know for sure?

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
In my opinion... Someone that is caught in a big lie like that (the ballon boy hoax), loses all credibility. Here is what we know about him: 1. He lied to law enforcement. 2. He lied to the media. 3. He is willing to make his family lie. 4. He is absolutely craving attention.
Chances are, he is going to lie again.
And how convenient for him to jump on the '2012 bandwagon'. Any news that is on TMZ, is no news at all. Those stories are just distracting us from what is really going on.

<< 1   >>

join