It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos Of Nibiru From Across The World!!

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paroxysm

Originally posted by MissSmartypants

Phage....Internos....anybody?

Phage is currently busy trying to convince us that Earthquakes are not increasing in numbers or magnitude.

He'll have to get back to you later, but I assure you his response will be one purely of a skeptic/debunker.

Phage: I keed...I keed.
We all respect your opinions, and look forward to hear what you think, especially about the first couple of STEREO images I posted above, from earlier in the month.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by Paroxysm]

Phage is probably right about earthquakes... They tend to happen in cycles .. Japen gets a serious quake like this every 30 years or so ( if I remember correctly ) but the thing is these things are occuring in our time and because we've not witnessed it before or were young when something like that happened it seems apocolyptic .. Not saying they aren't horrible events, they are tragic .. but I don't believe they are increasing or unusual .. not in longer view of the time line

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paroxysm
There was an anomaly that appeared on STEREO-B satellite images 2 weeks ago on the 5th and 6th of October.

stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

This anomaly in the image may just be dirt or junk on the lens, but I can't really say one way or the other.

Remember that "Brown Dwarfs" neither reflect light like other planets in our solar system, nor do they emit their own light like our sun.

Could it be Gliese 229B? (I believe it is a Brown Dwarf, and on some of the pictures it looks like its "next" to the Sun, but i'm not sure.)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
It's clear no one in this thread has ever recorded the Sun, This is a reflection of the sun, The same thing can happen if you view the Sun/Moon through glass at a right angle.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I have a question about your first video. (I haven't read the rest of the thread or looked at anything else and I apologize for that but I'll get back to it if I get the time. I'm just intrigued enough to ask the following question.)

Would the light coming from "Nibiru" in the video be shifted enough so that the shift could be detected in some way either with optical measuring devices or in the video image itself?

If it could, that would clinch it for me. Shifted light, presumably to violet for a star coming toward us, is what one would expect from Nibiru. No shift would indicate an optical illusion of some sort.

The technical question is, would the shift be detectable.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
I have a question about your first video. (I haven't read the rest of the thread or looked at anything else and I apologize for that but I'll get back to it if I get the time. I'm just intrigued enough to ask the following question.)

Would the light coming from "Nibiru" in the video be shifted enough so that the shift could be detected in some way either with optical measuring devices or in the video image itself?

If it could, that would clinch it for me. Shifted light, presumably to violet for a star coming toward us, is what one would expect from Nibiru. No shift would indicate an optical illusion of some sort.

The technical question is, would the shift be detectable.

www.youtube.com...

Terribly sorry, it's nothing outstanding.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

That looks like it was photoshopped. If that was real we should be able to see the 7 satellites which are emiting a lot of light. This wouldn't have been missed by amateur astronomers.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Japan hasnt had a quake of this magnitude in 150 years.
edit on 27-3-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NyxOne

Point taken. I wonder if a polarizing filter would remove "Nibiru" from all such images.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

eeer, try ever!

no really...never

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
reply to post by MissSmartypants

Not trying to be a thread killer or anything but all you really got there are some good videos of reflections. I'm gonna
star and flag you anyway, because you never know, keep looking up, the universe is amazing.

ok this is weird, because i did not post this reply. who is using my account?

oops...lol this was from so long ago i forgot i had even posted it.

edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: made a stupid mistake...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
can't wait to see this when it starts to get closer, if it even really exists.
I'm proud to say I live in these times, the world is crazy, but awesome.
I can't wait for all the alignments that are supposed to occur in 2012.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Well, all I can say is that this is really interesting. Anyone can come and disprove this though, with a skeptic's point of view. Personally, I am up for most ideas, as long as you don't have obvious direct information against it.

This is up in the air (Hahahheeheeoo! funny pun!), I will start reading up on this. I mean, it could be another Y2K, but frankly that theory was just stupid

But hey, if I find any more interesting evidence for either opinion, I'll post it! All I know is that SOMETHING is on it's way to us, be it cosmic radiation, a comet, death star/ planet.

-Will

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
These arnt photos these are videos, I don't have bandwidth for video atm, can you please either embed or link the photos?

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by unknownman024

2011 and 2012 are not particularly interesting in terms of alignments. The best recent alignment was in 2000 when the Earth was obliterated. Ooops. Scratch that. Apparently it didn't happen despite all of the hype, videos, books, lectures and online rants about the end of times.

There are of course alignments as there are every year. Enjoy them. They are fun to see, but have no affect on us.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WillNiendick

ll I know is that SOMETHING is on it's way to us, be it cosmic radiation, a comet, death star/ planet.

Why are you so sure?

Cosmic radiation happens all of the time. It causes blips in computers because it is powerful enough to flips bits. It is detectable on Earth. Comets come all of the time. There are at least 5 being observed right now. A death star/planet is demonstrably impossible. Nothing as large as the Earth is within 8x the distance to Pluto and a Jupiter sized object is at least 50X the distance to Pluto away.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
anyone see these videos about this elenin comet. people are suggesting its nibiru.
www.activistpost.com... met.html
Every time it aligns with the earth and the sun, there's a big earthquake.

In response to the first video in this thread, where it shows the brown dwarf with 7 planetoid moon things. A brown dwarf like this would have a tail since it is moving so fast, and if it has 7 moons then a good image to use in an epic poem like the book of revelations would be a 7 headed dragon right?

Also let's not forget movies. like deep impact where a dude named Leo found a comet which the government then nicknamed ELE for extinction level event. also black president played by Morgan freeman, for those of you who are NWO conspiracy buffs. and it curves around the sun and hits the earth. Apparently Elenin could refer to a few things, we've covered ELE so lets move on to NIN, Nibiru/Nemesis is Near, or Nin as in nine, which would refer to us being in the 9th wave of the 2012 Mayan prophecy. By the way, the calculation of December 2012 is supposed to be wrong because of the fact that the Mayans used a 20 day a month 18 month year calender, and since then the calenders in use have changed multiple times, remember the 10th month was called October because it used to be the 8th.

Anyways even if it is just a comet we still bear the risk of it spontaneously changing course and smacking into the earth.

I've heard you can see Nibiru with a welders mask in the early morning before 10. And sun dogs are caused by precipitation, in all of those photos at the beginning the sun dogs looked rainbow-like and were on a ring around the sun, I've seen this happen with the moon on a mildly foggy November night, so it could be caused by dew, in which case it might be best to look at the sun during a dry summer, like this one.

One final thing, I've seen a lot of posts about Zechariah Sitchin in this thread (no surprise) and I would like to bring up a fact. In a Project Camelot interview, Leo Zagami said that Sitchin was ordered to give out this information by the masons and that he is a mason himself. And Jim Marrs was asked about Sitchin during a presentation and he responded by telling people of a story where Sitchin was asked if he ever worked for the government, and apparently Sitchin just didn't reply. I'm hard pressed to find a reason to not believe what either of these guys are saying, I genuinely trust Jim Marrs and his evidence (it has always checked out), and Sitchin earned my trust within the past 3 days while I was researching this Elenin thing. As for Zagami, he was promoting the American union Superhighway and his interview was a little hard to watch because he kept straying from topic, but I don't think everything he said was a lie.

Anyways I'm curious to see responses to this, and I hope this wasn't too big of a first post.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by soupertrooper

Every time it aligns with the earth and the sun, there's a big earthquake.

Check out the issue yourself. The alignments are not related to quakes.

A brown dwarf like this would have a tail since it is moving so fast

No. An object exhibits a tail only if material is expelled from the surface and affected by other forces. There is no drag in space that leads to a tail. The gravity of a brown dwarf would not allow material to blow off of the object to form a tail.

The rest of your post is so full of mistakes I really enjoyed the chuckle.
1. Elenin refers to ONE thing - a person's name
2. Nibiru is a fictional planet made up by Sitchin
3. Nemesis is a hypothesized object that is no longer considered possible
4. The 9th wave of Mayan prophecy is a modern hoax made up by Calleman/Lungold
5. Your claims of why 12/21/2012 might be off is completely wrong. Try looking up calendar correlations.
6. Comets do not spontaneously change course
7. Sun dogs are caused by high altitude ice crystals, not precipitation
8. There is no object near the sun to see with welder's goggles

You might try looking for this fake, near the Sun object yourself instead of passing along a false rumor.
You might try reading real information instead of listening to Project Camelot videos.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply.

No. An object exhibits a tail only if material is expelled from the surface and affected by other forces. There is no drag in space that leads to a tail. The gravity of a brown dwarf would not allow material to blow off of the object to form a tail.

Good point, I didn't think about that. I kinda feel stupid now...

1. Elenin refers to ONE thing - a person's name

I was simply refering to the fact that the name Leonid Elenin, raises some eyebrows because of the movie. I still think it's fishy after what Phil corso wrote in "the Day After Roswell" about disclosure in the mainstream media... as fiction. And the Extinction Level Event Nibiru/Nemesis is Near, was something I thought was neat. Either way, why is a comet like this being spotted by some random stargazer when nasa can track stuff in space like a wrench dropped by a russian astronaut. It's just fishy.

2. Nibiru is a fictional planet made up by Sitchin
3. Nemesis is a hypothesized object that is no longer considered possible

Is this what you know as a fact due to the evidence you have seen, or what science has told you? Last I checked, they're the ones with the big epic telescopes and we have little dinky ones that are not as powerful.

4. The 9th wave of Mayan prophecy is a modern hoax made up by Calleman/Lungold

How so? I just googled them and it doesn't seem like there is much about them being a hoax, is this your opinion? How did you come to this conclusion? I honestly dont know who these guys are, or the waves of the mayan prophecy.

5. Your claims of why 12/21/2012 might be off is completely wrong. Try looking up calendar correlations.

These aren't my claims, I don't know how to calculate dates of multiple different calendars. After looking up calendar correlations, I found that this is an extremely divided topic, some people think 12/21/2012, some people think the calendar could be off by 50-100 years. but the one I was refering to is here. elenin.org... This website also has hopi legends and how Elenin could relate to it. The website suggests that the calendar ends October 28, 2011, it is not the only site I found mentioning this. Anyways, it seems like people have just latched on to 2012, and we've just been blindly listening. I don't know if any of this is true but it seems to relate and I think that alone is worth our attention.

6. Comets do not spontaneously change course

Yes they do, comets are rock and ice. at any moment they could spout a jet of steam and change direction. that's why scientists are afraid of them the most. Asteroids and meteors don't change course, because they are rock. Also, I saw a special on the discovery channel about defeding earth from disasters, and they said that the best way to get a comet to not hit the earth was to heat up the surface and hope it changes directions.

7. Sun dogs are caused by high altitude ice crystals, not precipitation

Whatever it is, to me it looked like the sun dogs in the pictures at the beginning of this thread, appeared closest to clouds, and I was making a connection to the rainbow rings around the sun like i see around the moon on a humid night. Either way its still light being effected by water in some form.

8. There is no object near the sun to see with welder's goggles

have you tried looking? because I haven't, again I've only seen videos. I have a set in my basement but It has been cloudy here lately, and I like to sleep in. I think more people should try and confirm or debunk this.

The issue of weather or not I listen to project camelot as opposed to nasa is pretty trivial. I've lost so much trust in science after discovering what happens to scientists who make real discoveries that dont quite fit into the paradigm of the history of the earth and how the universe works. Alternate sciences have caught my attention, but don't think that i have just given up on science. Good evidence is good evidence, even Lloyd pye won't change my opinion about evolution. Im not going to avoid the mainstream scientists, I simply dont like how dishonest they can be. And you have to admit, blanking out google sky where Sitchin's fictional Nibiru is supposed to be, and this year a commet that moves in an elliptical orbit around our sun. NASA is covering this up, because even a comet moving within .3 Astronomical units could potentially cause some trouble. The alignments and their correlation to earthquakes have been mentioned, but mostly by youtubers. So you're right, there is no confirmation, but the speculative data is still quite scary. Either way, I have trouble trusting NASA after they "lost" all of their photos from the moon landings, only to have Bob Dean discover that the Japanese space program had copies and these copies had photos of big anomalous objects in space.

Anyways, it would probably be best to describe what the reasons are behind your list of my mistakes. Like backing up your claims with evidence. Simply so I could get a better Idea of what's going on. Some don't need it though, like that tail thing which I still feel stupid about.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Is this what you know as a fact due to the evidence you have seen, or what science has told you? Last I checked, they're the ones with the big epic telescopes and we have little dinky ones that are not as powerful.

Nibiru is a fictional planet. In Babylonian astronomy (there are no existing records of Sumerian astronomy) nibiru referred to the highest point of the ecliptic. The term also applied to the constellation that was at this point on the summer solstice. It also occasionally applied to Jupiter or Mercury. This information can be found in such primary sources as the MUL.APIN.

As for Nemesis the hypothesis was first proposed in the 80s after a paper was published claiming a periodicity to mass extinctions. Nemesis was proposed as the cause of these mass extinctions by sending comets from the Ooort Cloud toward Earth. It would have been at least 50,000 AU past Pluto and never come closer. However, as time passed no evidence emerged to support its existence and the paper on the periodicity of mass extinctions was proven wrong. This has lead the ones who created the Nemesis hypothesis to abandon it entirely and instead they now support the Tyche hypothesis.

How so? I just googled them and it doesn't seem like there is much about them being a hoax, is this your opinion? How did you come to this conclusion? I honestly dont know who these guys are, or the waves of the mayan prophecy.

There is a lot wrong with the Calleman/Lungold hypothesis. For one it depends on Mayan cosmology being hierarchical. However, this appears to be a Post-Columbian convention that gained support due to the research of Sir Eric Thomson. Modern Mayan researchers now support the fact that the original Mayan cosmology was all on one level. Therefore, there are not nine levels to the Mayan underworld. Furthermore, Calleman and Lungold claim that this belief is supported by the fact that all Mayan pyramids were nine levels. This is just patently false and can be easily verified. Then there's Calleman's calendar. He has based this off of Coba Stela 1, and claims that it extends back to the beginning of the universe. However, not only is his correlation between the Mayan calendar and the modern Gregorian calendar extremely flawed, many of the events he labels for certain dates are way off. Then there's also the fact that the calendar on Coba Stela 1 extends much farther back than what Calleman claims. In fact, if when one looks at the entire calendar it places the start of the universe to several trillion years ago. Calleman has never responded to questions as to why he ignores this part of the calendar. I can keep going on why Calleman and Lungold are frauds, but I think that's sufficient for now.

These aren't my claims, I don't know how to calculate dates of multiple different calendars. After looking up calendar correlations, I found that this is an extremely divided topic, some people think 12/21/2012, some people think the calendar could be off by 50-100 years. but the one I was refering to is here. elenin.org... This website also has hopi legends and how Elenin could relate to it. The website suggests that the calendar ends October 28, 2011, it is not the only site I found mentioning this. Anyways, it seems like people have just latched on to 2012, and we've just been blindly listening. I don't know if any of this is true but it seems to relate and I think that alone is worth our attention.

While it is true that researchers are beginning to question the GMT correlation supported by Thomson, the October 28, 2011 date is even more incorrect than the December 21, 2012 date. The October 28 date comes from Calleman and as I showed above there are problems with his calendar. However, that is just scratching the surface. Here is a post Johan Normark, a Mayan archaeologist, made regarding Calleman's calendar correlation.

Calleman's "2011 correlation"

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Good point, I didn't think about that. I kinda feel stupid now...

If you learned something then you shouldn't feel stupid. I read posts here all of the time and learn things and often see well written statements I would like to have written.

why is a comet like this being spotted by some random stargazer when nasa can track stuff in space like a wrench dropped by a russian astronaut. It's just fishy.

NASA tracks what it knows about. Space debris is easier to track if you know where to look. Lapses in observation can be filled in with predicted about future locations. Comets on the other hand are not expected. They appear without any precursor to signal their arrival. Depending on how small or large the object the detection can be either far or close from Earth.

Nibiru is a fictional planet made up by Sitchin. He made it up. He based his claims on faked translations. The properties he gave to the planet are unstable. The orbit he claims is impossible to last more than one orbit. There are lots of Celestial mechanics programs available that can be used to test the orbit and see that it affects the orbits of the known planets and that the proposed orbit changes radically with each orbit of the proposed planet. Nemesis was proposed based on a perceived regularity to extincto in events. First, it was shown that the 26My highly eccentric orbit was unstable as would be the orbit of the fictional Nibiru. Secondly, extinction events are not regular.

Calleman and Lungold are not archaeologists. They don't know much about the Mayans but they sure can dish out the malarkey as fast as any conman can. If you want to read about this pair from a real archaeologist that studies the Mayans I suggest Normark.
Prophet of nonsense #1: Carl Johan Calleman – 2012? No, 2011!

I'm glad you looked up calendar correlations. You learned right off the bat that determining a correlation can be quite difficult. if you read some of Normark's posts he talks about other archaeologists and their realization that dates used in different Mayan cities might not be from the same calendar. That would be like different countries in Europe not agreeing on which date today was although they all use the Gregorian calendar.

The elenin.org link mentions a correlation known as the GMT. How do I know that? Because they assign the date to 12/21/2012. They also claim 11:11 GMT which is bogus since the calendar does not include the time. They also misrepresent the Mayans because they claim that the universe was created in 3114BC. There was a time in the world before that, but that is when Man in his present form was made in an already existing world. The site also is wrong about the wobble. That comes from Jenkins I believe.

Yes they do, comets are rock and ice. at any moment they could spout a jet of steam and change direction.

I am aware of outgassing events, but these do not cause large changes in the paths of comets. Your post suggested that Elenin could change course and hit the Earth. Such a deflection due to outgassing is not possible. That is what I was referring to.

Whatever it is, to me it looked like the sun dogs in the pictures at the beginning of this thread, appeared closest to clouds, and I was making a connection to the rainbow rings around the sun like i see around the moon on a humid night. Either way its still light being effected by water in some form.

You might want to check out this site.
Atmospheric Optics
I used it to identity last weekends odd halo as a circumscribed halo. I also observed a circumzenith arc.

have you tried looking? because I haven't, again I've only seen videos. I have a set in my basement but It has been cloudy here lately, and I like to sleep in. I think more people should try and confirm or debunk this.

Yes. I was not looking for some baloney planet. I was observing a complex halo. So you have not tried, but you posted a rumor that was really a lie.

I've lost so much trust in science after discovering what happens to scientists who make real discoveries that dont quite fit into the paradigm of the history of the earth and how the universe works.

Name someone.

Im not going to avoid the mainstream scientists, I simply dont like how dishonest they can be.

Name someone.

And you have to admit, blanking out google sky where Sitchin's fictional Nibiru is supposed to be, and this year a commet that moves in an elliptical orbit around our sun. NASA is covering this up, because even a comet moving within .3 Astronomical units could potentially cause some trouble.

No one is blanking out Google sky. That is an old data set and the display has stitching issues.
Many comets have elliptical orbits. Some comets have hyperbolic orbits. So what? That has been known since Kepler.
NASA is covering something up? Why do you think that?
A comet close to Earth is a comet close to Earth. Why do you think that is a problem?

The alignments and their correlation to earthquakes have been mentioned

So what if people tell lies about alignments and quakes. Doesn't make it true no matter how often the lie is told.

Either way, I have trouble trusting NASA after they "lost" all of their photos from the moon landings, only to have Bob Dean discover that the Japanese space program had copies and these copies had photos of big anomalous objects in space.

Lots of photos are published all over the world and online. Big anomalous objects in space? Are you referring to the reflections seen in the helmets?

like that tail thing which I still feel stupid about.

Don't feel stupid. Learn and move on.

One of the problems with learning is that the internet is full of hoaxes. Online videos are not educational, They are the lazy way to bad information. The important thing is not to take everything hook, line, and sinker. Ask questions. See if the basic information is correct.

Example. Someone claims that a magnetic excursion caused the extinction of the mammoths. I checked the dates. No. The two did not match as the article claimed. In fact, none of the dates matched.

One of the statements that concerns me is that you make this rather vague claim that scientists do bad things such as exiling or whatever someone with an odd idea. Scientists that fake their data are definitely ostracized. Making a discovery that challenges the conventional wisdom does not get you ostracized. It makes you a celebrated person.

Skip the rest of the issues I mentioned and let's see why you think that making a strange discovery can end or damage your career.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join