It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guess what is the second-most popular acronym in the world?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The most-widely recognized acronym in the world is: USA.

The second most-widely recognized acronym in the world: UFO.

What does that tell you?

For the basics on UFOs:

en.wikipedia.org...

This probably the best UFO-related website in the world:

www.mufon.com...

If you have seen a UFO, here's where you go to report it:

www.nwlink.com...

Here's a good site with lots of vids of UFOs:

www.ufosightingsvideo.com...

Here's an interesting site where you can find where the UFO sightings are happening on maps:

www.ufomaps.com...

Right now I'm looking for global UFO maps... so, if you have a good url on this, please post it.

This is a nice UFO site that focuses on the evidence of UFOs:

www.ufoevidence.org...

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I was gonna say UFO and then when I saw what forum it was in I knew it had to be that..lol

It doesnt need to be in say Sapnish for people to know what it is. Everyone pretty much knows what that means no matter what language you speak....

As far as the first one I am not gonna even say why people recognize that the most

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Historical-Mozart

Or to add to that list, you could search through the ATS UFO & Alien's forum board

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scooby Doo

Or to add to that list, you could search through the ATS UFO & Alien's forum board

*grin* Actually I did search, but I searched from the main page Google Custom Search box... with the terms "second most popular acronym" and came up with nothing, so I went ahead and posted.

Does the search box limit itself to each specific forum if you search in the specific forum? I figured that I'd search from the "board" page search box in order to broaden my search in an effort to avoid duplicate postings.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

And the third one.........ET ????

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Sorry, it was meant has a joke. As far as I know though, the search feature searches all threads from all forum topic boards. However, if you want to conduct a more detailed search you can choose to run an advanced search.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I don't undersand it, where did you get the information of what is the second-most popular acronym?

And for the basics on UFOs I have a better link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Edited to add (it escaped me in my original post):
This is probably the best UFO-related website in the world:

[edit on 18/10/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
I don't undersand it, where did you get the information of what is the second-most popular acronym?

Hi ArMaP,

I got the info from one of the documents that I was editing for Project Camelot -- one of the Zurich Conferences, I think, but I can't recall which. It was one of the scholars who had spoken that.

When -- if -- I find out which doc that reference is in and that it's been posted on Project Camelot (as of this post, PC is backlogged with some 6 or so edited docs that have not yet been posted; and I'm backlogged with 8 docs that I'm editing right now.), I'll post the url here.

~Mozart

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Thanks.

The problem with things like that is that anyone can say whatever they want, I may say that the second most popular acronym is ATS, for example.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This is off topic but congratulations armap for becoming a forum moderator, I just now noticed.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Thanks.

The problem with things like that is that anyone can say whatever they want, I may say that the second most popular acronym is ATS, for example.

You mean like ArMaPs Top Secret?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Honestly.

I'd say the most popular, or at best second would be LOL.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Here something I found.

www.all-acronyms.com...

UFO, nor USA are even in the top 100.

Not saying thats a nationally recognized list or anything. Just a site who ranks acronyms based on websearch's it seems.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
Here something I found.

www.all-acronyms.com...

UFO, nor USA are even in the top 100.

Not saying thats a nationally recognized list or anything. Just a site who ranks acronyms based on websearch's it seems.

Thanks for that url -- got it bookmarked. It does seem to be internet-centric, rather than based on whole world. I'm still looking for supporting evidence to back up what I posted, which, in turn was based on what I had read of some scholar said speaking at a conference in Zurich, I think.

I found this one...

www.acronymfinder.com...

...for those of you who may find it useful.

~Mozart

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
It doesnt need to be in say Spanish for people to know what it is. Everyone pretty much knows what that means no matter what language you speak....

I'm sure they would know what you mean but mosts folks around Spain,Portugal,France,Italy etc.. call them OVNIs :

OVNI Objeto Volador No Identificado (Spanish: Unidentified Flying Object)
OVNI Objet Volant Non-Identifié (French: Unidentified Flying Object)
OVNI Oggetto Volante Non Identificato (Italian: Unidentified Flying Object)
OVNI Objecto Voador Não Identificado (Portuguese: Unidentified Flying Object)

Theres quite a good French OVNI video here exploring some very interesting cases:
www.dailymotion.com...
Cheers.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Just a small point but USA is not an acronym, it's an abbreviation you pronounce it as U S A, not YuSa!
UFO can be an acronym if its pronounced as yu-fo, but not if you pronounce it as U F O

An acronym is a word created by the initials of the word its made up of, like NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration), RADAR (Radio Direction and Ranging), SCUBA (Self Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus)

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Historical-Mozart
The second most-widely recognized acronym in the world: UFO.

What does that tell you?

Why don't you tell us?

new topics

top topics

join