It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
MORE THAN 80,000 IRAQI REFUGEE RESETTLED WORLDWIDE
The UN Refugee Agency says it has now referred more 80,000 refugees from Iraq to resettlement countries worldwide.
UNHCR’s resettlement programme for Iraqi refugees began in 2007 and, as of October this year, 82,500 individuals had been referred to more than a dozen countries.
Around 75 per cent – or just less than 62,000 – Iraqi refugees have been referred to the United States. The remaining 25 percent of cases have been referred to a total of 14 resettlement countries, including Canada, Australia, Germany and Sweden.