It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we look back...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
If we look back into the 40's, this world was witnessing so much destruction.

If we look back in the 50's, the cold war has already begun and was going on.

If we look back in the 60's, we see the hippies and the peace movement/anti government crowd along with a familiar drug...

If we look back in the 70's, the Vietnam war was coming to an end, and is one of the more popular wars many of us claim as a loss.

If we look back in the 80's, we see Chernobyl, a very bad nuclear disaster happen in Ukraine, along with music movements and what I would call a big switch to "present" culture.

If we look back in the 90's, we have the internet actually coming to the public, great economic growth, and a decade that was awaiting the new millennium.

If we look back in the 00's, we see 9/11, Afghan war, Iraq war, economic upheaval, very much political distrust, the first black president of the U.S, cunning edge technology, and anything else on the news currently...but to bad no one has the money for it!

OH WAIT...let us go back further in time. Lets look at the roaring 1920's...where everything in life seemed simple. Then look at the 1930's...Great Depression.

Anyone see a similarity between 1990's and the 2000's...?

Did you know...we live in exponential times?

People...it seems the world is getting better, but all it is doing is bouncing between higher and lower extremes we have never seen before.

What makes us think that since we are only 90,80,70,60,50,40,30,20,and 10 years away from all of these CRAZY events of the past, make you believe it is all over?

I do not preach destruction, but would just like to get the point across that this world will never get boring.

The higher you are, the longer the fall, and the harder the hit.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Fantastic presentation.

It is very difficult for me to make people believe we are living in the best of times.

But we will become even more advanced in the years to come.

I remember when people sat around a radio and listened to Amos and Andy. Who could ever forget the mayhem when Orson Wells presented the radio broadcast , The War of the Worlds.

I am excited about the new discoveries we will make in the future.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
I am excited about the new discoveries we will make in the future.

As am I...which is what this thread is meant to be for. A cheers to the future, good and bad. We will see more than everyone in the past IMO...and those after us will do the same.

join