It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's With the Weather?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Currently the high where I live is the 60 degrees and the low is 30 degrees for today (F). The average high for this time of year is 70 and the average low is 45. Has anyone had weird weather like this? And this isn't just a cold front, this has happened for about a month now. Our first frost happened about a week earlier than normal too, where I live.

Is this what climate change really is?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

So you've been having unseasonal weather eh?

Where abouts do you live exactly? What state?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
reply to post by Phlynx

Missouri

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx

Missouri

Okay I will try and get some info and get back to you

Im sure there's nothing to stress about

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Missouri

Okay I will try and get some info and get back to you

Im sure there's nothing to stress about

Thanks

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Pennsylvania... got almost 4 inches of snow this weekend in my part. in October. never had it this early.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Wow

I see what you mean by the frost. It all seems to have contracted south east for the moment. It seems that you have recently had a lot of wind coming down from the north from a slow moving high pressure system sitting over eastern Canada. The winds in a high pressure system rotate clockwise in the northern hemisphere (anti-clockwise down here), and the winds wouldve been bringing you a nice cool blast of cold sub-arctic air. Thats the most basic explanation I have.

Looks like it may warm up for a little bit in the next few days. Its hard to tell without access to all the data though, so dont hold me to that

[edit on 18/10/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Something is wrong with my state, too, Oz.

I live in Arizona, and have lived here 3 years now.

The other 3 monsoon seasons, we got pounded by rainfall.

But this year, monsoon season ended about half way through, and it never rained again. It's dry around here still, and the newspapers have reported that too, though I can't find the paper I had, so maybe it got thrown out.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BaronVonGodzilla

Yep, I believe the El Nino weather pattern is becoming more apparent in the American side of the pacific this year.

Our tropics over here had a very early start to the monsoonal/ storm season. The last 2 wet seasons however, we finished a month earlier than normal.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaronVonGodzilla

I live in Arizona

I also now live in this dreadfully hot (and dry) state. I just made it through my first full year here.

I wanted to add in that July of this year was determined to be the HOTTEST MONTH ON RECORD for Phoenix and Yuma.

www.wrh.noaa.gov...

July 2009 Was The Hottest Month On Record
With July 2009 now over it will go down as not only the hottest July on record but the hottest month of all-time in both Phoenix and Yuma (as determined by average temperature, see tables below).

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paroxysm

Originally posted by BaronVonGodzilla

I live in Arizona

I also now live in this dreadfully hot (and dry) state. I just made it through my first full year here.

I wanted to add in that July of this year was determined to be the HOTTEST MONTH ON RECORD for Phoenix and Yuma.

www.wrh.noaa.gov...

July 2009 Was The Hottest Month On Record
With July 2009 now over it will go down as not only the hottest July on record but the hottest month of all-time in both Phoenix and Yuma (as determined by average temperature, see tables below).

So it's not just the cold that's the problem then.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

In Phoenix there is no such thing as cold. We have Warm, Hot, Hotter, and Hottest.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paroxysm

In Phoenix there is no such thing as cold. We have Warm, Hot, Hotter, and Hottest.
So what your saying is you have had weird weather too, and it's not just me.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Here in Florida, we had a record high of 93 last Weds, and last night, we broke a record from 1955 with a record low of 46. And tonight they predict the same...

El Niño causing an early winter? I believe during strong El Niño patterns, cold fronts are stronger, and move deeper south than normal, due to offsetting components of El Niño. I thought that form Florida and the south, we would usually get wetter winters during El Niños...

Anyway, I *LOVE* the cool weather! I hate Florida... always 90's and humid. bah... give me 70 with 45% humidity and a light breeze. (ahhhhh)

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Hey, It's not just anywhere. It seems to be everywhere this year. I live in Saskatchewan which typically has among the most sunny days per year than anywhere in North America next to the Mojave Desert region. I have only seen the sun twice in the past 4 weeks, and we had the strangest, cloudiest summer I've experienced in the 30ish years that I can remember. Normally the summers are sunny and hot, ranging from 20-45 degrees C...not so much this year, it has been very strange.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

reply to post by Phlynx

Just a little in Colorado.

Earliest opening in Arapahoe Basin's 63-year history

Loveland Basin becomes first ski area in North America to open slopes

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Nothing. Same strangeness its always been.
Wait 15 minutes it'll change!

Oh,.... and move along, nothing to see here!

Nothings happening because I say so!

Good luck with your weather!

[edit on 18-10-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I've been watching the weather around the world, I believe that there is a deliberate intention to cause the events that we're seeing.
The issue of "climate change" is big business to corporations that are involved with lobby groups for special interest. It's my "opinion" that corporations control governments and their long arm is the military establishments of various countries.
Having said that, I watch the weather pattern "radar" across North America and Europe and have noticed some rather rapid forming patterns that develop contrary to usual weather patterns.
I think that these areas are being manipulated strategically as to cause turbulent patterns that are intended to "promote the illusion that climate change is the cause".
Furthermore, I believe that HARRP is just one of the many tools available to the generate this effect.
At the present time, (with UN COP15 Dec 7-15) less than 50 days away and the treaty about to be signed by the U.S and Canada, (selling out future generations) the governments involved need all the hype and push they can get to gain public support.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
This morning in North Carolina I woke up to a thick frost outside. That's unheard of here in mid-October. There goes my basil.

new topics

top topics

join