It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

unarmored Introduction!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Greetings ATS. I've been lurking this site for about a month now, and I've just now decided to join up for discussion!

I'm a twenty-something long-haired university student of history. INTP. I'm vegan. I try to follow both Buddhist philosophy and Walden as guides for living, yet American conditioning still gets in the way.

In the last few years, I've grown incredibly disheartened and disillusioned with the despotic rule of American corporate elites. Researching 9/11 left me in a much deeper hole with many more questions. Events in Pittsburgh scared the piss out of me. The "new world order" is playing out like a script and I/we see this daily.

I've realized there's something terribly wrong with our system - how so many live indebted to the lackluster life the system allows - how so many are convinced nothing greater can be achieved than living as simple consumers - how so many are disengaged and discouraged from the bureaucracies that control their lives!

And so with those and other realizations, I've felt charged with purpose. I feel resolved. I feel there is an incredible amount to do, but honestly, I have no clue where to start, aside from simply letting receptive human beings in on the cover-up.

Anyway, that's where I come from -- probably a very common story here.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by unarmored
Greetings ATS. I've been lurking this site for about a month now, and I've just now decided to join up for discussion!

With a month of lurking it should give you a head start on the new meat.

I'm a twenty-something long-haired university student of history. INTP. I'm vegan. I try to follow both Buddhist philosophy and Walden as guides for living, yet American conditioning still gets in the way.

I'm going bald and almost 50, plus mostly carnivorous. More Agnostic than anything, but I study all religious doctrine and belief systems.
And American conditioning can get in the way of anyone. It invades all aspects of belief and culture across the planet.:shk:

In the last few years, I've grown incredibly disheartened and disillusioned with the despotic rule of American corporate elites. Researching 9/11 left me in a much deeper hole with many more questions. Events in Pittsburgh scared the piss out of me. The "new world order" is playing out like a script and I/we see this daily.

You found the right site. You are not alone...........

Anyway, that's where I come from -- probably a very common story here.

It may be a common story, but that's why ATS is the place it is.
We have members that don't just drift downstream, most of us fight the current and paddle the other way. I hope you find members that share the views you have.

Just don't be distracted by those that criticize your point of view, they have a purpose too, they keep us honest.

I'm here if you ever need help, or just post a questions to the members or staff. You'll have an answer in a few minutes.

Good luck, and again, welcome.

anx..........

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

It may be a common story, but that's why ATS is the place it is.
We have members that don't just drift downstream, most of us fight the current and paddle the other way. I hope you find members that share the views you have.

Just don't be distracted by those that criticize your point of view, they have a purpose too, they keep us honest.

This is precisely why I found my discovery of ATS so wonderful! I have an exceedingly hard time finding people who think outside of the standard American paradigm, or who know enough about the issues to prove me wrong -- so when I spout off new ideas, I merely receive a complimentary nod, although they aren't willing to explore the ideas I espouse.

The internet is a very powerful tool for the collective knowledge and debate among citizenry; it is encouraging to find such an enormous plot of interweb-land comprised of forward thinking individuals!

Thanks for the warm welcome.

new topics

join