It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journalist jailed after Iran elections freed, media report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Journalist jailed after Iran elections freed, media report

www.edition.cnn.com

TEHRAN, Iran (CNN) -- A Newsweek journalist accused of making false accusations against the Iranian government in the wake of the disputed presidential election in June was released from prison Saturday, Iranian media reported.

Maziar Bahari, an Iranian-Canadian correspondent based in Tehran, was among the more than 100 journalists, reformist leaders and former government ministers who went on trial in August in Iran's Revolutionary Court.

Bahari was released from Evin prison on nearly $300,000 bail after spending four months behind bars, a revolutionary court spokesman told the news ag
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Well this is good news, but I am still a little upset at the Iranian regime for ever doing this to their own people.

I mean it's one thing to crack down on violent protestors, but to go ahead nad incarcerate those who were simply reporting the events going on is simply ludicrous.

The Iraninan government really needs to change it's focus if it wants the international community to get on board with them. I really hope the people of Iran gather enough strenght and support to remove these hoodlums from power and give it to those who deserve it.

Thoughts ATS?

~Keeper

www.edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join