It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Ballon Saucer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
All

Is it not amazing that we have had such a lot of UFO activity in the Colorado area for so many years, and and so many budding UFO spotters with cams ready to record and we do not have one decent video of a UFO that defies the critics or is not claimed as being a CGI movie?

Probably 99% of all UFO footage available in the public domain is hazy and blurred and taken from afar - thus lending itself to all sorts of criticism

And yet some reality TV family can purchase and launch a 20 ft saucer shaped ballon and let it loose at 8000ft altitude and the networks and helicopters are all over it immediately and we get great close up and high- definition footage for over 30 minutes? Admittedley the ballon did not reach speeds over 30 mph.

strikes me as the oddest of oddities

Thanks

Bravo

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The only reason the news teams were following it and filming it was because of the initial reports that the little boy was in it....if that wasn't the case, you can bet nobody would have cared and all we would have had were cell phone videos of lesser quality like you describe.

Where's the conspiracy here?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sensfan

I am not suggesting it is a conspiracy.

Just that given the years of observation, and the hours and hours of footage supposedly shot that we cannot come up with one decent close up or short section of footage that defies the critics.

Admittedly I am frustrated at the lack of decent footage of UFOs given the proliferation of UFOs in the area then something like this happens and its super high quality footage - just of a balloon that is saucer shaped.

Thanks

Bravo

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bravo111
reply to post by sensfan

I am not suggesting it is a conspiracy.

Just that given the years of observation, and the hours and hours of footage supposedly shot that we cannot come up with one decent close up or short section of footage that defies the critics.

Admittedly I am frustrated at the lack of decent footage of UFOs given the proliferation of UFOs in the area then something like this happens and its super high quality footage - just of a balloon that is saucer shaped.

Thanks

Bravo

This is because of two main reasons in my opinion, the first being as the post above your post pointed out, there is no outward interest in UFOs or spotting them by the major media. Also and more importantly, UFO sightings happen out of no where, so generally no one has any time to plan or set up any decent film equipment, so we are generally left with shaky, blurry, low quality photos or video. This UFO balloon was being tracked for some time because they thought a small child was trapped on it, and of course that is a major media story so hence all the great footage.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Side note on the quality of the video. There were some very close up shots of the ballon. It appears someody shot a hole in the ballon. It was deflating midway through the flight and decended. It did not hit me till later that it was a bullet hole I saw. Midway through the decent on a close up, I saw a tiny hole in the top of the ballon. I just wonder who shot it?? Did anyone else pick up on that?

[edit on 18-10-2009 by dntwastetime]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
How would a bullet hole get on the top? Unless you shot it up and it landed on top...Or it was the exit hole not the entry. Odd.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I am not convinced

Surely probability alone would indicate that worldwide there is a person with a cam available at the time a UFO decides to slow down or hover ensuring that we get some decent footage?

Totally agree that "child on board" led to massive media distrubution - but the actual footage shot was from one or two, maybe three video cameras.

I dont want to confuse the medias lack of interest in wanting to distribute the footage with the actual shooting of the footage.

Do you therefore believe if credible UFO footage was available that was equal in quality to that of the balloon footage that mass media would still not distribute it?

If it is that easy within minutes to get three helicopters in the air with a high def camera at an altitude of 8000ft to film - then why aren't all the wealthy philanthropists with a UFO obsession not parked out in known high intensity UFO spots just ready to go and shoot some decent hi-def film from a helicopter?

Thks

Bravo

[edit on 18-10-2009 by Bravo111]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Genus

I do not know how the hole got in the ballon. I did see the balloon fully inflated at 8000 feet plus. It was really up there and moving fast. All of the sudden the one side started to delate then it started decending. The helicopter got closer and closer video until the balloon was completely in the screen. It was spinning and I saw a hole in the top of the balloon, it was clearly visible as a black hole on silver. It looked like a 3 inch diameter hole or less, the ballon deflated and decended to the ground. Thats what I saw anyway.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bravo111

Maybe it's a simple as the fact that there are no alien craft visiting earth to be photographed.

new topics

top topics

join