It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru/Planet X/Wormwood picture gone from Google Earth Sky

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Planet X is like the perfect myth: the outcome of centuries of ill-omened rumors, laced with snippets of history and cosmology. But: it is still myth. Dream stuff.

Planet X-believers resort to gossip and childish, X-file conspiracy theorys.

Reasons for no planet X

Planet X is said to have a highly elliptical orbit. But such orbits are unstable. Soon, the planet would get a circular orbit and become part of the 'normal' solar system - or it would fly off into deep space.

The Sumerians believed Earth was a disk, with the Sun revolving around it! Just look at it this way: the Greek, the Chinese and the Maya knew a lot more about cosmology than the Sumerians– and they never mentioned a tenth planet! THATS RIGHT FOLKS THE SACRED MAYANS WHO MADE THE CALENDAR THAT ENDED IN 2012 MADE NO MENTION OF A 10 th PLANET .

in 1984, two renowned palaeologists claimed the discovery of an `extinction pattern'. Every 26 to 30 million years, there's a `wave' of extinctions. But they withdrew that theory later. When you look over a longer period of time, there's no pattern to be found at all.

In 1983, the IRAS satellite spotted something unexplained that turned out to be a new type of very distant galaxy. But for lack of anything better, the press concluded that NASA had spotted a tenth planet.

Even if there were a huge Planet X heading our way still out of sight , it wouldn’t affect our earthquakes right now. The gravitational effect of Planet X would be only a tiny fraction of the gravity of Jupiter. And that, in turn, is just a tiny fraction of the gravitational pull the Sun and the Moon exert on our planet every moment of the day.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by ncuncfan2006]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebelle
reply to post by sphinx551

If they wanted to hide it then they would. Seriously cant see them covering it up in a way that a 7 year old could probably achieve.

Then what's the reason for making it so obvious? To second-guess ourselves? Or is it a conspiracy inside a conspiracy to make us think there is Nibiru when there really isn't?
I still think Nibiru exists though.
NASA really likes messing with people's head on this issue.

On your second part of the answer (not in quotes), a couple possibilities:
1. Astronomers are getting paid big time to keep their mouth shut about it.
2. Astronomers don't care at all.
3. Astronomers don't want to spread panic and fear so they keep quiet about it.
4. Maybe Nibiru actually doesn't exist?
5. Maybe Nibiru already came and gone without notice?
6. Nibiru is still yet come but pretty far away still so astronomers don't bother yet.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by sphinx551]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The only things that are going to happen in 2012 are things orchestrated by the NWO to play into our fears and to cow tow the religious.

Anyway I thought planet x wasn't due for over 100 yrs. Just enough time for TPTB to scoop up all the planets gold for those nano particles that Nibiru needs to pump into its atmos, or have I been reading too much sitchin...

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Nasa just fired a missle at the moon and the live coverage they promised of the event looked to be a total hoax.
They very obviously lie through their teeth about alot of different things.
Has anyone else noticed the almost complete reversal of the publics
view of Nasa since the 60s.
I find my state of confusion hovering between 100% disorganized, to being in
absolute disaray.
It's very hard sometimes to grasp, but if you take a step back and look at the very large picture. The confusion is there and that's not even open
for debate.

Nasa was once the fact.
When lunar landings stole the show
The hoax of UFOs and aliens
were lies or fantasies.
Now in the palm of life we've past thru time.
Will the aliens become the fact?
Do you think Niburu is true?
Have they used Nasa to distract?
For reasons their not telling you?

[edit on 18-10-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Originally posted by boaby_phet
are you really sure?

Question should be - are you?

Dont let my opinion influence yours.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by Copernicus]

acting like the existence of 'planet x' is a foregone conclusion makes you look extremely unreliable.

the burden of proof is on you, and i have seen none; smugness is no substitute for good science.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Nasa was once the fact.
When lunar landings stole the show
The hoax of UFOs and aliens
were lies or fantasies.
Now in the palm of life we've past thru time.
Will the aliens become the fact?
Do you think Niburu is true?
Have they used Nasa to distract?
For reasons their not telling you?

[edit on 18-10-2009 by randyvs]

You could use this as a poem.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Ok here is my take on all of this.

2012 - That is when the Mayan Calendar ends. That part is true enought. But our calendar also ends every 9 years (I can't remember the exact date and I'm away from home), then we get to start re-using calendars. So if you keep old calendars eventually you get to start at the beginning agian and January 1st fall on a the same day of the week it did before.

The 2012 date is when they start at the beginning of the calendar again.

On Planet X

Is it possible the gov't knows and is hiding it to keep panic from happening? Yes, they could be. Are they, I have no idea, though I suspect that they are not. Actually they may be pushing this as a distraction.

If I wanted to pull a hoax about a planet x then I'd find a spot in google sky that has a computer anomoly then place it there to lend creedence to my story. So while the plot line of "look an anomoly, what are the chances it falls right where planet x is?" sounds great, it's not really if the spot the hoaxer picked was picked because of the glitch / anomoly.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

I think its possible that Nibiru is a brown dwarf that is not visible to the naked eye yet, and that we are seeing the effects of its gravity in the form of a increased number of earth quakes at this early stage. If this theory is correct, we should see much more severe signs in the coming year.

As Im sure you know, there are other signs of something coming.

Wouldn't that also mean that this brown dwarfs gravity would be effecting other planets in our solar system in a similar manner?

Just a thought...

[edit on 18-10-2009 by InSpiteOf]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
NASA is not the one providing the images. They come from the The Sloan Digital Sky Survey.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SharkBait

well stated! I have had my doubts about Nibiru since the years in which it was to come visible started to pass by. My interests turned to different world ending theories

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
"The coordinates are: 5h 53m 27s,-6 10' 58."

Im Sorry if someone posted this error already but watch the video he states the coordinates are -6 10' 56 not 58

Thx,
Dr. Nick

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Hi guys,

I've been hearing a lot about Nibiru recently so did a bit of research. I'll admit, I only did enough to confirm what I already suspected.

Utter nonsense ..

The idea of a bus planet flying around gathering gold is just ridiculous ..

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by newdarkagenow
Utter nonsense ..

Just wait until the day when you see it in the sky and say "Oh crap, it's real after all."

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

One thing to keep in mind if this was on the extreme orbit that Planet Xers outline is that it would RAPIDLY accelerate the closer it got here, so it could still be pretty far out. Even mainstream scientists admit it is a possibility, especially if it were a brown dwarf.

Sorry, was having trouble getting it to embed properly:

www.youtube.com...

Heck and until today I thought only kooks believed were even possible as the only pages I could find on it had the moon listed as a planet. I'm thinking it's more and more possible by the minute, especially with the odd disinfo/coverup-looking shenanigans.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by wanderingwaldo]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

I agree. Plus the planet was discovered in the 80's only by the use of infrared vision from wut i understand and because of its low heat source it wouldnt glow that bright which would make it hard to be viewed by a telescope, let alone the naked eye.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Really if the people were not meant to know about it we would not... they would not let something of such importance of everything just slip through...

to 'accidentally' leave it in then remove it seem suspicious to me as hell. That is by far the best way to make people believe in something.
Whether or not it exists they want you to believe it exist, it seems...

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
This Nibiru is the truth!
Every puzzle piece of history fits in perfectly!

On the sky this brown dwarf looked like a head with 2 horns. The devil. One of these moons will look like a triangle/pyramid (the savior that comes after).

And the ones that run this world, are from Nibiru themselves. (no kidding).
Thats why there is so much coverups.

We are really screwed!
But, we life forever, so no panic.....

The worst part is that we humans are going to be reset, again. And we have to once again try to find out what happened on earth?

[edit on 18-10-2009 by loctite]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Typical of the nay-sayers to come in here spouting this and that, I bet most of you didn't even watch the videos posted by Copernicus and cosmicstorm. It's healthy to be a skeptic but at least keep your mind open to possibilities. You don't have to completely shut it off to anything that sounds out-of-this-world.

Personally I don't relate Planet X, if it does exist, to the whole 2012 "end of the world" fiasco. People have tied that date (the end of the Mayan cycle) to "Nibiru's" alleged passing. So it is really the misinformed that have created this dooms day problem.

I'm not qualified to state whether or not Zecharia Sitchin is right or wrong in his translations of the Sumerian tablets, but I am aware of that information and like most 'far-out' information circulating around, it has to been consumed with some skepticism.

According to Zecharia Sitchin the date December 21, 2012 is wrong and the year should actually be 2087.

www.2012returnofnibiru.com...

Yes, the website title links 2012 to Nibiru, but whoever made it probably wasn't aware of Sitchin's dates when it was created.

Anyway that's my take on it and thanks to Copernicus and cosmicstorm for the videos. They are both very interesting.

[edit on 18/10/09 by dmorgan]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Is it the indigenous peoples in world history ( Aztecs, Egyptians, Mayans, American Indians and the Chinese) have always forwarned and offered to educate humanity on the possiblity of astrogolical, and gobal doom. -- YES

1. Why is it only the Europeans or (whites) who continue to hide, destroy the ET artifacts and knowledge that could warn or benifit mankind? I'm not trying to sound racist, intelligent human beings are just trying to understand this, because it's a backhanded devilish move to all... and you all know it.

2. Why do Europeans collectively missinfo this topic? Is it for personal greed? Is it a God act? or is it simply for control? Because I see no other race doing this throughout history. Others are trying to get the message out... while they are blowing up the moon and erasing hostile planets off the internet ... Why?

2. What kind of insane power trip are these folks on to not disclose Nibiru or any other impending danger when Mayans gave us a 2012 map...and the Egytians gave us the fountain of it all...?

4. The root of the real human problem.... "Why do Europeans always destroy anything and everything that is good for mankind"?? The only reason Stonehenge is still standing is because it's in Europe.

It seems everyone else is trying to move humanity 3 steps forward and the elitist powers are taking us 10 steps into ignorance.

Hurrah! to those who have had the balls to tell the truth, because those seeing these objects first hand in modern times are wimps that don't have it in their DNA.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by Level X]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dmorgan
. It's healthy to be a skeptic but at least keep your mind open to possibilities. You don't have to completely shut it off to anything that sounds out-of-this-world.

It's healthy to keep an open mind as well, but when the evidence for a theory looks like this (quoted from a post above yours)

On the sky this brown dwarf looked like a head with 2 horns. The devil. One of these moons will look like a triangle/pyramid (the savior that comes after).

And the ones that run this world, are from Nibiru themselves. (no kidding).
Thats why there is so much coverups.

then I can't take it seriously. "no kidding" doesn't quite cut it for me.

and it really bothers me when people like Copernicus mock others for not blithely accepting these bizarre untruths.

I wouldn't be here on ATS if i didn't have some interest in the unusual, and some degree of belief that there is more to the reality we live in than what we can measure or perceive. But I take some aspects of these beliefs fairly seriously, and theories like Nibiru exist to the detriment of those who would see other, less unlikely strange phenomena studied with any seriousness.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join