It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials Execute Search Warrant On Balloon Family's Home: Charges Pending

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Officials Execute Search Warrant On Balloon Family's Home: Charges Pending

www.foxnews.com

Deputies searched the home of a couple caught up in Colorado's "balloon boy" saga after the sheriff said he was pursuing criminal charges in a case that at first sparked fear for the child, then relief he was okay, to suspicions of a hoax.

The boy's parents, Richard and Mayumi Heene, met with Larimer County investigators for much of Saturday afternoon amid lingering questions about whether he perpetrated a publicity stunt....
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.denverpost.com
www.cbc.ca
www.usatoday.com
www.people.com

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Federal Charges are also pending due to the involvement of the FAA, ANG (Air National Guard), so forth, and so on.

I at first believed the case to be genuine, until more evidence came to light in terms of the balloon launch itself having been filmed and published by the aforementioned family, during the aforementioned incident. Upon closer inspection in the "Launch Video" as well, one can easily determine that the balloon was far too small to have lifted such a child so far, and also it was done in such a manner that the parents would have had to known that the child was in fact somehow hiding onboard.

There also was a discrepancy with how the father stated that the older brother first brought it to his attention that Falcon was onboard the craft, yet, in the video the older brother in question is the one filming the launch, and he never made any such remarks.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I am glad that this thing is being investigated further. These parents are acting irresponsibly just to get attention - especially the father. If unchecked, one day his shenanigans really could put his children at risk.

My only concern is for the kids; especially the youngest one. He is obviously already upset. Lots of people asking lots of questions is only going to make things worse; at least in the short term.

I hope they go about their investigation carefully with the welfare of the kids in mind. As far as the father goes, he needs to feel some pain, or get some help.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

Did the parents actually believe that their hoax would not be found out?
Was their ultimate goal to some how profit from the exposure?
The fact that they used their kids as key players is pretty sick, so maybe Child Services needs to get involved. Well they certainly got attention, I just don't think it's the type they were hoping for...

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Haha,

The cops screwed up and didn't even bother to get out a calculator and determine that the balloon could never have lifted the child.

Now they are charging the family to distract from their incompetence.

USA! USA! USA!

new topics

top topics

join