It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Removed info regarding a meteorite 100 times brighter than a full moon landing on the vehicle of a C

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Removed info regarding a meteorite 100 times brighter than a full moon landing on the vehicle of a Canadian resident on Yahoo Canada

ca.yahoo.com

Billion-year-old rock hits Ont.
A meteorite 100 times brighter than a full moon lands on the vehicle of a Canadian resident.» 'It was pretty shocking'

Where meteors come from
Pics
UWO capture footage of 'brilliant fireball'
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Sorry, the page you requested was not found.
I've tried multile times to access this current info with no positive results and am wondering why. Was Yahoo requested to remove it by Military officials? I believe that something is being covered up. Why else would the story or link be inaccessable? I've never experienced this before from the Yahoo home page. Hmmm.

This is all I get:

The story or page you were trying to access may have expired.

If you are having trouble locating a destination on Yahoo! Canada News, try visiting the Yahoo! Canada News home page. Also, you may find what you're looking for if you try searching below.

ca.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
aquarid.physics.uwo.ca...

i think this is it?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I think it is the story on the homepage of yahoo canada right not. I click on it too and get 'this page no longer exists'

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
is this it?

ca.news.yahoo.com...

i went to your link and it took me to the page.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by keeff
is this it?

ca.news.yahoo.com...

i went to your link and it took me to the page.

Thanks for the link Keeff, I went to it and read the article in it's entirety. I need everyone to put their thinking caps on for a sec, this one just doesn't make sense to me. See if you follow me here:

In reading the article, it says:

"McCausland, a planetary scientist at the university, said this meteorite is a rare find. Because its journey to Earth was so well documented by the university's network of cameras, having fragments in hand should help researchers be able to determine its orbit and where it came from in the solar system.

"It's like having a spacecraft go out and sample a specific asteroid, then come back to us with a sample," he said. "In this case nature did it for us."

In all of history only about one dozen meteorite falls have been recorded so well, McCausland said.

The meteorite was likely traveling at about 100 meters per second when it hit the Garchinskis' truck, then broke into several pieces after a "bit of a pinball routine" between the windshield and the garage door, McCausland said."

OK? Now let's review that last paragraph from a logical point of view....

"The meteorite was likely travelling at about 100 meters per second when it hit the Garchinskis' truck, then broke into several pieces after a "bit of a pinball routine" between the windshield and the garage door"

If you do a conversion of Meters per second to MPH that means the meteorite was traveling at approx. 223.56 miles per hour!

Now, take into account that in the article the guy who's windshield was damaged said the largest piece of the meteor was approx. the size of a golf ball. Granted we don't know the composition of the meteor but regardless, chances are that even if it was just rock and no metals that when it passed through the atmosphere and was super heated to the point it was '100 times brighter than a full moon streaking across the night sky' , as pointed out yet again in the article, then that at the very least should have made the rock more dense due to heat and pressure.

Now explain to me how a rock roughly the size of a golf ball moving at 223 MPH can just break a windshield and 'bounce around like a ping pong ball off the garage door' and:

1. No one heard anything loud enough to wake them up and say 'WTF is going on!!??

and

2. The only damage was a broken windshield???

COME ON....moving at that speed a 'golf ball' would do a HELL OF A LOT more damage that just busting the windshield out!!!!

Am I wrong!? Seriously, not saying there's a cover up, there may be i don't know...but the math just doesn't work! I smell BS!!

Thoughts????

top topics

join