It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

English Defense League March through Manchester

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

The EDL march through Manchester to protest about Islamic Extremism, and the "demand" of Shariah Law.

Around 2000 people turned up to the event, spread out in in the city, but the police split up the main groups into different locations to stop us merging into one, the media where completely biased saying only about 100 turned up..

Looking closely at the crowd you can pick out, asians, blacks, and indians..

[edit on 18-10-2009 by Haydn_17]

[edit on 18-10-2009 by Haydn_17]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Looks like the police have them completely surrounded.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I see this and i really wonder where its all heading, the rise of the bnp and edl.

It does make me happy to see that the people of this country are not rolling over and giving in, they are beginning to sit up get organised and make their voices heard.we cant rely on either the tories or labour.they are too corrupt, incompetent and have no patriotism.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   

the media where completely biased saying only about 100 turned up..

Looking closely at the crowd you can pick out, asians, blacks, and indians..

That's a typical left wing media move designed to reduce the risk of support from the fence sitters. They did the same thing during our TeA Party protests this past summer and early fall; if 2,000 people showed up then they would say only 200 people showed up.

They also did the same thing regarding minority presence. According to US media networks like CNN and MSNBC the only people at the TeA Party protests were angry racist old White men when in reality almost every protest had some level of minority presence. There were quite a few Blacks, Asians, and Hispanics at the big one in Washington DC on 9/12 but of course the media never showed that.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by hans kammler
I see this and i really wonder where its all heading, the rise of the bnp and edl.

It does make me happy to see that the people of this country are not rolling over and giving in, they are beginning to sit up get organised and make their voices heard.we cant rely on either the tories or labour.they are too corrupt, incompetent and have no patriotism.

The problem is, whilst the voices might be getting heard, how the wants and needs will actually be addressed is another matter. You've already stated that the Tories and New Labour can't be relied on, but I'm not sure that the alternatives are necessarily any more competent or reliable as what we're already familiar with.

This is really important too as whatever alternative does get the opportunity, they will have to get it right or else the first possible opportunity, one of the big two will get back in.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by Merriman Weir]

new topics

top topics

join