It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Dream has Become...

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I didn't realize you were in the military, PV.

You have enlisted and all since you started this passionate thread, like you claimed you were going to do? It has been a year.

Or was this just rhetorical? I may have missed it but I havent read any posts from you that sound like you followed up on this enlistment idea, but then again like I said I could have missed it. I would have expected an update in thread telling us all you enlisted and what you were going to be and where you were to be stationed, etc. Since you seemed really passionate about it.

And I disagree the American Dream is an American Nightmare. I guess it is all in ones outlook.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I joined and didn't make it passed MEPS.

Apparently they don't want guys with slipped disks, two joints that dislocate, and nerve damage.
It was one of the most disappointing days of my life.

But I have since moved on to other things.
My MOS was 11 Bravo(Infantry) and I would have been deployed by now had everything worked out.

edit on 13-11-2010 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

But you know, I'm really not sure you're aware of all the issue we're dealing with. Things are changing and many of those changes are not good regardless of what side of the fence you stand.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Sorry to hear that, PV, and hope you dont suffer too much from the back problems. I must have broke my vertebre as a kid doing gymnastics or something, but I didnt find out it was broken til I was in my thirties, so trust me I know back problems! They suck.
Would they not even consider you for the guard?

Anyway, I am curious, what issues are we facing, to which you refer at the end of your post? I probably dont know what you are referrring to, I am a bit behind on some of the world events type news. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

The National Guard uses the exact same standards as the US Army. I asked...

Well, let's see...

The economy is tanking and the buying power of people's money is taking a huge hit since we're going for another 600 billion in printing. Companies are experiencing margin compression and this will likely lead to much more unemployment. We are in the midst of a currency war with China that we can't hope to win, and all the worlds fingers are pointed at us as the party responsible for the economic destruction. We will have Gridlock in congress for the next two years. This wouldn't be such a big deal, except with the Fed printing money and monetizing debt, the dollar being devalued as a result, the economy from the corporation to the individual experiencing margin squeeze(dollar buying less and less and costs going up and up), the government desperately needing to be cut down to size. This will not happen, unless they work together and cut the crap. Instead we'll keep spending money on useless wars, we'll keep spending money covering up fraud, and we'll keep spending money to bankroll social programs that have been so poorly mismanaged that they now make up the vast bulk of our liabilities.

Oh, and widespread foreclosure fraud, Obama has troops in Yemen(SF operators) which is a further waste of money, and the country is still distracted by partisan BS while all of this is going on.

This is why I'm saying that the American dream has become a nightmare, because although the effects aren't extremely pronounced right this second, the mid-term - long term effects of the crap we're seeing going on right now are historically known as destructive...There's more, but I think you get the idea.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join