It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Dream has Become...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by rainfall

So, at no point should anyone take the life of another person? If someone breaks into my home, attacks my family, tries to kill my family, I have no reason to take that person's life? You can't honestly believe this...?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

You know, I hear all this whining from 25 year Costa Ricans and their ilk, but I don't see any of them running to the airport.

Let's take a look at your birth nation and do a quick comparison. Do you know that the production facility of a single evil US corporation (Intel) is responsible for 20% of Costa Rica's exports and 6% of its GDP - just one factory !!!

Add to that the new Proctor & Gamble and Glaxo Smith Kline plants, and suddenly you see why the average Costa Rican's standard of living is beginning to climb vertically - because evil American capitalism has arrived and is making the people wealthier.

But no, the US still needs to be fixed, the country that exports wealth and is still the one that we have to build fences to keep people out of because it's so horrible. There are many things here that need to be fixed or improved, but your message has no balance, to hear you talk we are all being flogged daily, and fed dead maggots by evil special interest groups.

Take me as your example, I'm an average American middle class worker bee, I have 2 new cars, a 4 bedroom home complete with a large swimming pool, sizeable savings, and no debt other than a mortgage. I'm not upside down on my house, my wife doesn't have to work, and we have 3 vacations planned before the end of this year, plus a week in Bora Bora planned for early next year. I have inherited or been given zero dollars, it's all from what I earned.

Show me another country where I can have all that, not to mention the free and open possession of military style firearms, and the ability to spend my weekends indulging in the vast pleasures of places like Las Vegas which is a 5 hour drive away, and I'll move there with you.

In the meantime, while you plot your quote "revolution" and keep yourself busy making pipe bombs in your basement to show the US how grateful you are for welcoming you and your family to our country in the first place, why don't you spare a thought for those millions who would give their left nut to switch places with you.

But hey, I guess they are just stupid victims of our capatalist propoganda, and will realize that the US is just one vast evil conspiracy the moment after they arrive.

I just can't figure out why none of them leave, perhaps your revolution will fix that little problem.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Retseh]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

You missed the entire point of my post. If you think it's just America bashing.
Reactionary BS, without a squint of rationality. Pipe bombs in the basement? Are you really accusing me of this? What the hell is wrong with you? I've spent this ENTIRE thread defending America. But you have to be blind to think that everything is rosy here. I'm talking about a revolution of ideas, of thought. I'm talking about returning to the Constitution and putting thought into the wars we fight, because without any of this we are doomed to be lost as I feel we have been for some time.

For my willingness to serve, I have been called a murderer, I have been called a killer in this thread. I've been called a liar. And yet I still defend. Try reading more and reacting less, ya might learn something.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by projectvxn]

[edit on 20-10-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by manxman2

Sources, no problem, glad to provide them.

www.reuters.com...

Iraq is poised in the coming weeks to sign a series of deals that promise to lure the tens of billions of dollars it needs to become one of the world's elite oil producers.

In addition to signing contracts already being negotiated, the world's largest energy companies will face off in December in a second fierce competition to develop some of the country's largest untapped oilfields.

The allure of the world's third-largest oil reserve holder outweighs concern that future Iraqi governments could tear up contracts in a country where there is no consensus on control of oil wealth.

Of course you could have done the research for yourself.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

You can't expect reactionaries to do much more than react...Let alone research.
It is a serious problem on the internet. That and reading comprehension has become a thing of the past too. The last post directed at me accused me of building bombs in the basement and hating America.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

No, you are not the average American working bee,. Currently you are sitting fat and happy, but there are good chances that the corporation you work for will close up shop and move your job somewhere else where they can get cheaper worker bees. Maybe you are in a situation where that will not happen, but you are then in a rare situation.

You bought two new cars without incurring any debt, and your wife does not work? Wages aren't that good in the southwest. Of course if you are an older worker you could have benefited from the economic gains of the past, but good luck with what happens in your retirement.

The youth do not have things so well lined up these days, as things were back in the early seventies.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Yeah, I had to reply to that post. Clearly the guy did not bother to read what you wrote when you started the thread.

I think if I was enlisting in this day and age, and intended to be a soldier, as opposed to a sailor, or someone in the air force, I would join the Marine Core. Good luck to you, I am sure you will do fine.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Your indignation is of course righteous but we all have to realize one thing: there is no "getting back to the Constitution" because that document is based upon idealistic Enlightenment philosophy that, quite frankly, no longer holds water.

I don't say this to "poo poo" your longing for something better but if the blinders are truly coming off here about what this country is, we must recognize that the world is a hellavalot more complex than the handful of deists and Christians who framed the Constitution could have ever imagined.

We cannot go back, only forward and that way is rife with uncertainty.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by obscenegrace

I disagree. It is centralized power and tyranny that is outdated. Only in the last 230 years has Liberty been the central purpose of a nation, and Only the United States constitution was built with that intent.

Liberty will never be obsolete.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Ill say it again I guess, why everyone on this site doesnt have you on ignore is a mystery to me. You give NO input, no constructive criticism, and incessantly troll, minus 5738 ats points and counting. EXACTLY WHY HAS THIS BEEN ALLOWED TO CONTINUE?

its ridiculous

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Just got into this fray, but I'll tell you as a disabled American Vet, you sound like your heart is in the right place, but you ain't frigging using it.

we're all F'd

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LAUGHING-CAT

No, we're not all F'd. I'm not 100 % sure what you mean by "You're not friggin' using it". What do you mean by this?

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
video.google.com...

Enjoy brother!

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I will stand at your shoulder and fight with you for liberty and freedom. Name the day, name the place.

There will be more like us, more like those on this forum, who are fed up. Not the crazies, but true patriots who sincerely understand what the US charter is all about.

Great OP. Great, great OP. I will likely copy and paste it a couple of times (and give credit, obviously).

Thank you for sharing your experience.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

By all means sir, do what you will with it.

It was my personal experiences that influenced my political and social philosophy.
Those experiences taught me just how precious Liberty is.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

To be fair, the UK isn't much better political-wise. You have a restrictive police state and your people seem to accept it on a daily basis.

It's easy to attack Americans as being "lazy" and "ignorant" but we have a real chance to avoid the police state that you live under.

And I have to agree with the OP but with one slight difference: We are beyond relying on documents because our elected officials do not recognize and will not enforce the constitution. I regard the day that the USA Patriot Act passed as the day that the U.S Constitution died. It is useless at this point.

We need to start over from scratch. I'm not sure what the best way is? Armed revolution or a revolution at the ballet box? I'm not convinced on either method.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

I hate to say it but you missed the OP's point, instead choosing to attack his country of origin. That is a sign of ignorance (I hate to say it like this, but it's true).

I'm supportive of most people who come here looking for a better life, whether they are political refugees or people simply looking for something better than what they can find in their place of origin (even if they are illegal).

If we close our borders completely, we shun these people and deny them the same opportunities that our ancestors had decades and decades back.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

I'm not necessarily sure where the end to this mess will come from, nor what form it will take.

I just hope that at whatever end is in store, if we survive as a nation, that we still have Liberty
as the basis of our society.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Indeed. Then again, there has to be a middle-ground somewhere. It's not easy for most Americans to let go of their labels, political ideologies and so forth.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Well, I'm not willing to let go of Natural Law. Law reflected in the US Constitution.

It is the only law that matter in my opinion, as it is the only law that is truly just.

If it is not the destiny of the Constitution to exist beyond the pressures of our modern age, then it is not worthy of longevity, so long as a charter that commands government to respect the natural rights of the people and individual takes it's place-to do the job the previous Constitution could not.
edit on 13-11-2010 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join