It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collection of Ancient Alien Material

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   

here is the space suit figurine metioned in the video...

According to Ancient astronaut theories, intelligent extraterrestrial beings (called ancient astronauts or ancient aliens) have visited Earth and this contact is connected with the origins or development of human cultures, technologies, and/or religions. Some of these theories propose that deities from most—if not all—religions are actually extraterrestrials, and their technologies were taken as evidence of their divine status. These theories have been popularized, particularly in the latter half of the 20th century, by writers Erich von Däniken, Zecharia Sitchin and Robert K.G. Temple. Ancient astronaut theories have been widely used in science fiction. Such theories have not received support within the scientific community, and have received little or no attention in peer-reviewed studies from scientific journals.

Ancient astronaut adherents often claim that humans are either descendants or creations of beings who landed on Earth thousands of years ago. An associated theory is that much of human knowledge, religion and culture came from extraterrestrial visitors in ancient times, in that ancient astronauts acted as a “mother culture”. These ideas are generally discounted by the scientific community.Ancient astronaut theories also may include the idea that civilization may have evolved on Earth twice, and that the visitation of ancient astronauts may reflect the return of descendants of ancient humans whose population was separated from earthbound humans.[citation needed] Proponents of ancient astronaut theories point to what they perceive as gaps in historical and archaeological records, and to what they see as absent or incomplete explanations of historical or archaeological data. They cite evidence that they argue supports their assertions, notably, archaeological artifacts that they argue are anachronistic or beyond the presumed technical capabilities of the historical cultures with which they are associated (sometimes referred to as "Out-of-place artifacts"); and artwork and legends which are interpreted as depicting extraterrestrial contact or technologies. Scientists maintain that gaps in contemporary knowledge of the past do not demonstrate that such speculative ancient astronaut ideas are a necessary, or even plausible, conclusion to draw. The scientific community remains generally skeptical, and the dominant view is that there is no evidence to support ancient astronaut and paleocontact theories.

en.wikipedia.org...

Proponents cite ancient mythologies to support their viewpoints based on the idea that ancient creation myths of gods who descend from the heavens to Earth to create or instruct humanity are actually representations of alien visitors, whose superior technology accounts for their reception as gods. Proponents attempt to draw an analogy to occurrences in modern times when isolated cultures are exposed to Western technology, such as when, in the early 20th century, "cargo cults" were discovered in the South Pacific: cultures who believed various Western ships and their cargo to be sent from the Gods as fulfillment of prophecies concerning their return.[citation needed] Flying machines are sometimes mentioned in ancient texts; one example is the Vimanas, flying machines found in the Sanskrit epics of India. These tales range from fantastic aerial battles employing various weaponry, to the mundane relating simple technical information, flight procedure, and flights of fancy. (See also Vaimanika Shastra, a text on Vimanas supposedly "channeled" in the early 20th century.)[citation needed] In the Biblical Old Testament, the Book of Ezekiel tells of a flying object seen as a fiery whirlwind which when descended to the ground gave the appearance of being made of metal. It is described among other things as a wheel within a wheel containing four occupants, "living creatures", whose likeness was that of man. The passage goes on to say that wherever the wheels went the creatures went, and when the living creatures were lifted up the wheels were lifted up. The book of Genesis(6:1-4) also tells us of such an encounter where the "sons of heaven" had intercourse with the "daughters of man" which produced the Nephilim. The apocryphal Book of Enoch tells of similar flying objects and beings called "the Watchers" who have mutinied from "heaven" and descended to earth, but goes further in that Enoch is taken on journeys to various corners of the Earth in the object and at one point even travels to the heavens.[22] In several chapters of the Old Testament God is depicted as traveling as a column of smoke and/or fire[23] and making the sound of a trumpet.[24] These descriptions also describe Yahweh as having a physical presence,[25] rather than an abstraction. Yahweh is described raining lightning[26] and stones[27] down upon the enemies of the Hebrews. However, descriptions of the Hebrew God have also featured protecting wings and outstretched arms in the Psalms, features which may be considered contrary to theories of mechanical manifestations of God.[28][citation needed] Additionally, the characteristics of the Ark of the Covenant and the Urim and Thummim are identified as suggesting high technology, perhaps from alien origins.

there is more material on this big subject

i apologize to ATS if this thread is too big, but i find this subject to be crucial in any UFO research ..........

and yes

They were here long before us...

thanx

[edit on 18-10-2009 by deejayiwan]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Exelent ! S&F .

I think more and more that R.Hoagland couls be on to something when he say ' the secret space programm is really gathering of ancient knowledge found on the moon and Mars' ..

What if he right ? Then TPTB are sitting on all the 'good stuff' and we are stuck here with the old crappy things, and they make us pay for it too..

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
For what it`s worth, National Geographics take on the 'Giant of India':
news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Hi there,

I haven't looked into the background of all the videos you have posted (without information about the source this would be difficult if not impossible), but some of them are from Sony's Giantology viral marketing campaign a few years ago for Shadow of the Colossus.

I posted information about that viral marketing campaign on ATS and elsehwere a year or two ago.

If you do a few Google searches on that viral marketing campaign, it would be great if you could post again in this thread to indicate which of the videos do indeed originate from that particular source. (Hint: if the video shows "Giantology" on it, as the Tsunami one in your OP does, it is a good bet it comes from that campaign).

My personal favourite from that campaign (which I think you missed from your list) is the Siberian ice giant video:

I think some members of ATS would be surprised how many of the popular UFO videos originated in viral marketing campaigns.

All the best,

Isaac

[edit on 18-10-2009 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by derpif

national geographic is a c.i.a. sponsored mouthpiece.

google this .. national geographic c.i.a.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by manxman2

I`m aware of that. You may google
google cia
ats cia

and so on

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I cant find any information on the Web about the 900 ton stone blocks in Peru that Daineken mentions at 6:10 in the video below, anyone got a link?

[edit on 18-10-2009 by Acharya]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
You really might want to read up on your videos before you post them. The one about the Giant Skeleton in India is a photoshop hoax, its fake NOT real. It takes about a min on Google to see this..

hoax

hoax

Also the video of the Giant Nephilim is a FAKE as well. I read somewhere before it was used for a movie.

[edit on 10/18/2009 by mblahnikluver]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
in the ancient ufo video it says the dogon may be proven right that sirius is a three star system one day.

they have been proven right, altho theres no way they could have known it unless they did come from sirius or met someone from there as they claim.

an interesting book called 'the sirius mystery' has been written.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

GREAT book btw

TO the OP: Here is a great thread if you havent seen with many documentaries and shows on UFOs/Aliens and other topics.

free documentaries

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Nice thread, I'm pretty sure we've been visited in the ancient times by aliens, and I was searching for some of those vids to show to some of my friends.

Thanks!

[edit on 18-10-2009 by Moraz]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222
in the ancient ufo video it says the dogon may be proven right that sirius is a three star system one day.

they have been proven right, altho theres no way they could have known it unless they did come from sirius or met someone from there as they claim.

These claims are dealt with (and dismissed) in my lengthy article on ATS last year:

Dogon Alien “Mystery” Demystified

In particular, the points in relation to Sirius possibly being a three star system are dealt with in
Section 5: What about Sirius C?
Section 6 : Did the Dogon even say anything about Sirius B and Sirius C?

Perhaps it is time to give that thread a bump...

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by deejayiwan

The collection of painting in Ancient UFO Paintings video make you think,discs with beams of light gong to earth

"The Baptism of Christ", by Aert de Gelder, painted in 1710 and hangs in the Fitzwilliam Musuem, Cambridge. A disk shaped, UFO type object is shining beams of light down upon John the Baptist and Jesus.

But still this painting was painted in 1710 is it just an artists impression or a copy of an Early painting.

Zelong.

[edit on 19/10/09 by Zelong]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by manxman2

Originally posted by derpif

national geographic is a c.i.a. sponsored mouthpiece.

google this .. national geographic c.i.a.

No manxman2 you google it so you can submit facts with your crazy uneducated statements next time! and there's two off you who believe this rubbish

National Geographic are a Bad Ass CIA front

Zelong.

new topics

top topics

join