It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 10 Most Powerful Billionaires�

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 04:57 AM
link   

With great wealth comes the power to effect change. But more than money determines how much influence a billionaire wields. In compiling our first power ranking for billionaires, we weighed their political connections, the size and scope of their businesses and investments, their media coverage, their philanthropic pursuits and, of course, their net worth.

• 1 Bill Gates $40.7 billion Rank

• 2 Warren Buffett $30.5 billion Rank
  • 3 Silvio Berlusconi $5.9 billion Rank
  • 4 Rupert Murdoch $5.5 billion Rank
  • 5 Li Ka-shing $7.8 billion Rank
  • 6 Prince Alwaleed $17.7 billion Rank
  • 7 Mikhail Khodorkovsky $8 billion Rank
  • 8 Robson Walton $16.5 billion Rank
  • 9 Carlos Slim Hel� $7.4 billion Rank
  • 10 Azim Premji $5.9 billion Rank

Full Story: Site

What one do you think is the most Powerful Billionaire.

I say Bill Gates...

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I'd say Walton.

His company is the largest in the world and employs the most in the world.

Wal-Mart's import decisions impact the global economy. In a decade they've made China a superpower again, and crippled the US.

And they aren't done yet.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I'd also have to say Walton - King of Wally World !

Remember, it's his company that is NWO, would you dare go against that ?

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I stay with Bill he have contrail over Windows Systems most used over the world and that�s not gust in pc but in sellhones and sowing machines and cars and still expanding

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Wasn't Bill Gates worth close to $100Billion a few years ago?

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Id say Bill too.
Hes the richest mother f*cker around and that would leave me to think that he has the most power. He has control over windows too and i bet about 90% of people here on this site use this program.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Bill Gates is the one that concerns me the most. His software runs the internet, He is Brilliant and his name in the ASCII code (Bill Gates III ) equals 666, the two years he did not update the windows software (1996 and 1999 ) would equal 666 and 669. They have found hidden programs within windows software Excel . He could have a bad day and decide to send rockets off, for his software is also used by the military. The only reason I would not consider him to be the Anti-Christ is because the bible says that the Anti-Christ (BEAST) would not desire women and he is a married man. Other than that he fits the description of the Anti-Christ more closly than any other man. His intelligence separates him from all the rest. The insight into setting up the windows format is incredible. He is one of the top minds in the world today. He is surely one of the Anti-Christ's head men. We must not forget that the internet is what is being used today to monitor the communications of the world, and his software has made it all possible and easy.

[Edited on 18-5-2004 by Lastday Prophet]

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
This is interesting Read it, it�s about bill�s money

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lastday Prophet
Bill Gates is the one that concerns me the most. His software runs the internet, He is Brilliant and his name in the ASCII code (Bill Gates III ) equals 666, the two years he did not update the windows software (1996 and 1999 ) would equal 666 and 669. They have found hidden programs within windows software Excel . He could have a bad day and decide to send rockets off, for his software is also used by the military. The only reason I would not consider him to be the Anti-Christ is because the bible says that the Anti-Christ (BEAST) would not desire women and he is a married man. Other than that he fits the description of the Anti-Christ more closly than any other man. His intelligence separates him from all the rest. The insight into setting up the windows format is incredible. He is one of the top minds in the world today. He is surely one of the Anti-Christ's head men. We must not forget that the internet is what is being used today to monitor the communications of the world, and his software has made it all possible and easy.

[Edited on 18-5-2004 by Lastday Prophet]

Hes seems to be a big threat but i cant picture him being involved with the anti christ. I mean all he is is a rich nerd. But i didnt know that the military uses his software together with weaponry? Thats very disturbing.
He could kill alot of poeple if he wanted.

[Edited on 18-5-2004 by Eternal]

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
What about the furniture dude from Sweden or some scandinavian country? His supposedly richer than Gates .

[Edited on 18-5-2004 by TruthStrgnrThanFiction]

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthStrgnrThanFiction
What about the furniture dude from Sweden or some scandinavian country? His supposedly richer than Gates .

[Edited on 18-5-2004 by TruthStrgnrThanFiction]

You mean the founder of the IKEA furniture chain?

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Ya apparently the founder of 'foldable furniture' (IKEA) is worth more than Bill gates by about 6 billion. They had something about it on the news few months ago. Sorry, no link.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Here's a (dated) list from 2003 from the U.K.'s "Sunday Times" If you do the conversion of pounds to dollars at 1.87 $/pound (today's rate), you will notice that some of the UK list ought to have bumped the bottom two off of your U.S. based list

www.fact-index.com...

Which lowers my confidence in either list

I saw an article recently about how the leaders of of the Rothschild Group (UK) manage to keep their names off of all such lists. I'll see if I can find it . . .

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I don't think the debate matters. Any billionaire is powerfull enough. Paying them a salary of $50,000 a year, a billionaire could hire 400 personal servants for 50 years (not including interest). Thats more money than any one person needs. I guess we can tell the starving and homeless that at least some people are happy in this world.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Rupert Murdoch. He clearly has a sense of humor. He probably more directly effects the way Americans think.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The only reason I would say Bill Gates is because of the power he has. He owns Microsoft. He has a big influence. That is only my opinion!

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DMaikowski
The only reason I would say Bill Gates is because of the power he has. He owns Microsoft. He has a big influence. That is only my opinion!

Yeah, he has a lot of influence over the stock market. If he comes on the news saying he's dumping computers, so much for the US economy.

top topics

join