It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Iranian commanders assassinated

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
it now seems Iran is wildly accusing everyone of doing it.

"Iran accuses Pakistan over attack"

"Iran's president has accused Pakistani agents of involvement in a suicide bombing in south-east Iran targeting a group of elite Revolutionary Guards."
BBC

So lets see:
The US did it.............
Isreal did it...................
Pakistan did it..............

Talk about grasping at straw.............

That's what they've been doing since June.

Blame everyone else!

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The Balouchistan Bomb and Other Explosions

The bombing was a very big deal. It was indeed a suicide bombing, the man’s name was Abdul Rahed Mohammadi Sarabani, who was associated with the military wing of Jundullah, headed by Abdulmalik Khan Rigi. The IRGC had killed two of his brothers, and this was an act of vengeance, carried out to inflict maximum damage on the RGs. The target was a large theater, which holds up to two thousand people. It is part of a large military complex, one of the most important in the country.

The people there were attending an urgent strategy session. Due to the recent attacks by the Pakistani armed forces in Waziristan, many al Qaeda and Taliban leaders and fighters had fled to the Iranian side of the Baluchistan border (Sarbaz is less than an hour’s drive from the Pakistani side). Here is a map from Google.

The purpose of the strategy session was to assist the terrorists, to help them reorganize, to rearm them, to arrange to get them back into Pakistan and, for at least some of them, thence to Afghanistan. For that reason, attendance counted many very important people.

The gathering in Sarbaz included not only top RG officials (including the commander in chief, General Mohammed Ali Jaafari, whose fate is unknown as of now), but also top civilian intelligence officers from the State of Sistan and Balouchistan (the second largest state in Iran), and members of an elite RG brigade named after the Imam Ali, along with the military governor of the city of Sarbaz, and the terrorists who had run away from Pakistan. The bomber, Sarabani, was dressed in an officer’s uniform, and he knew exactly where to go. The blast brought down the roof of the structure.

The real casualty figures are impossible to obtain, but they are considerably higher than the ones officially announced. At a minimum, 108 were killed, including 57 members of the Revolutionary Guards. Some of the names have already been announced, but so far Jaafari’s name has not been mentioned.

I cannot evaluate the impact on the AfPak theater, but it may be significant. It has already had a major impact on the border area. All flights in and out of Sarbaz and nearby cities were canceled Sunday and Monday, and the roads are blocked. Many local hospitals are counting the dead and treating the wounded. One hospital, in Iranshahr, reported more than fifty fatalities.

Meanwhile, there are other explosions. The most famous tea factory in the country, the Golestan Tea Factory, has been burned to the ground. There were reports of an explosion near the Oil Ministry in downtown Tehran on Sunday night (blamed on a faulty air tank), and there have been three major fires in the Tehran Bazaar since mid-June. Airplane incidents are so common they are rarely noted. A train from Tehran to Kerman derailed on Sunday evening, and it’s a train that typically carries many military personnel. And, as several reports have noted, in addition to the bombing in Blouchistan, there was also an ambush of a Revolutionary Guard convoy.

An explosive situation. And a big opposition demonstration is scheduled for November 4th.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
There is a way that an end result can be crafted by an intelligence agency, and yet there is zero backtrail.

The first step is to gather data on both individuals and groups. Specifically, the particular hatreds of these persons, the particular weaknesses of these persons, the capabilities and limitations of these persons, and their ideological level of commitment.

Thus, for any scenario, anywhere in the world, the program matches persons who meet the scenario requirements.

You want a raid on X? Your intelligence gathered will find those who would love to engage in a raid on X, but will be done by a program.

By agents of purpose, it would be individuals or groups who have a particular hatred against a target. Maybe they don't have the financial means, or intelligence gathering capabilities to determine where the target(s) will be at a particular time.

Whatever they are short of, an agent can enter under false pretenses, with specific information critical to the mission, with funding for the mission, transportation, weaponry, equipment, supplies, and other "assistance" as required.

The agents of purpose thank God for this Providential event that will put them in the right place, at the right time, with the right weapons/tools, and they are free to pursue their own purpose.

Which just happens to be yours.

It's brilliant, it's effective, it's cheap, and it works with zero backtrack to any agency.

After all, the group already wanted to strike. You just enabled it.

And that folks, is how it's done.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Albastion

If these assassinations help cause a popular revolution in the area without direct US involvement, enough to cause a regime change in Iran that is less fanatical, then I will be able to say with confidence that this attack was a good thing, whether it is a black-op or not.

There will be clues left at the attack site. Explosive residue, detonator, prints, witnesses and etc. The Iranians should be able to make some conclusions after a week or two and react accordingly. Was the blast from a grenade or a sophisticated electronic devise with traceable high explosives?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

I doubt that anything will be of use. After all, the international arms world can provide a buyer with anything you want.

Want Czech Semtex? Not a problem. North Korean/Chinese detonators? Easy.

Polish dynamite? Plenty.

Intelligence agencies are much too clever to use their own stuff - unless it's mixed with enough other stuff to eliminate any conclusive backtrail.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Death toll in Iran attack rises to 42 - TV

TEHRAN, Oct 19 (Reuters) - Iranian state television said 42 people were killed in Sunday's suicide bombing attack on the elite Revolutionary Guards in the country's volatile southeast, raising the death toll from an earlier estimate of 35.

English-language Press TV also said that dozens of people were wounded in the incident and that the Guards had vowed a "crushing" response to those behind the bombing attack.

It said senior Guards commanders, civilians and tribal leaders were among the victims, in what was one of the deadliest such attacks in the Islamic Republic in recent years.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Just be happy there is no war in consequence, Iran is a bigger man unlike the US who started two wars based on similar incident

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I was thinking the same way my friend! The way I say is it is like a movie script. They have the roles and it is just a matter of filling out with a casting call!

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13

Originally posted by tristar
reply to post by Rasputin13

Obviously you away when the U.S. led propaganda machine was in full swing regarding the Iran elections and bloody protests going on. Obviously you missed the countless threads within this site posting how the Iran elections were fixed. Obviously you missed the part were the opposition leader was actually on the C.I.A. payroll around the 80's when they were fighting the evil Iraqi empire.

Peace.
Obviously you have a very overactive imagination if you make the leap from fixing elections and someone being on the CIA payroll 25 years ago to orchestrating and carrying out suicide bombings! I pray to God that you are never given jury duty because I feel sorry for any defendent whose fate you decide. You clearly require no evidence to draw a conclusion.

Has the thought even occurred to you that maybe a few of the millions of people oppressed by the Iranian regime got together and decided to carry out attacks against them? Did you think that maybe this attack was carried out by the same, or likeminded, individuals who have carried out numerous terrorist attacks against Iran over the years? Or does the idea of the US government being involved in suicide bombings just wet your whistle so much that you just have to believe it?

The motto of this site is to deny ignorance. It's pretty ignorant to draw the conclusion you have without even the slightest scrap of evidence.

A 2007 Sunday Telegraph report revealed that the CIA created Jundullah to achieve 'regime change in Iran', and said the US intelligence agency was trying to destabilize Iran by 'supplying arms-length support' and 'money and weapons' to the group.

Another report posted by ABC also revealed that the US officials had ordered Jundullah to 'stage deadly guerrilla raids inside the Islamic Republic, kidnap Iranian officials and execute them on camera', all as part of a 'programmatic objective to overthrow the Iranian government'.

www.presstv.ir...

Of course you will immediately discredit the quoted source because it doesn't agree with your views.

Those who support the globalists are their own enemy - and the enemy of everyone who wishes a world of liberty and peace.

First they create terrorists - then they declare war on terror? Brilliant, if it weren't so sick.

I love the US that is outlined by its constitution, the current US war machine is not anything like the US that was founded on the blood of heroes so many years ago.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I havn't read all the posts but in our newspapers in Belgium it was said that after the attack a group took credit for it. So either the American paper was wrong or the Belgium one.

Either way, Iran points finger twords USA, and my gut tells me this wasn't a random terrorist act, pretty F***ing convenient for America isn't it.

If people don't see the patron then we are screwed.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mek-Tech

Originally posted by Emerald The Paradigm
There's no anti-US or anti-Israel crowd.

I don't have a dog in this fight but I've been a long time lurker way before I ever joined. I can't believe I just read that.

I think you are both right.
However I think what Mek Tech was trying to say is that the majority of groups that you may consider anti-US aren't anti-US.

If you are against american troops occupying iraq or afghanistan which is making america more and more in danger and bankrupting the country than I would say that you are pro-US.

If you are FOR the occupation which is putting the country in greater danger and robbing it's economy blind then I think you are anti-US.

It's time to make thinking popular again!

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
That the US conducts clandestine operations all over the world against its so-called "enemies" using tactics that, if known by average Americans, would astonish them is not a secret anymore to most of us here. But where is the good evidence?

Is there a site, group or source that has a good account of actual details and dealings? Has someone got the specifics? I find that there is only enough to get a "picture" but not a really clear one at this point.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
Doesn't anyone realize that this could also benefit Iran?

Don't you find it odd that minutes after the attck, Iran announces it to the world and instantly, without citing cause, blames the US?

Doesn't it strike anyone as convenient that normally it is hours and hours, sometimes days, before Iran issues an official death toll and/or incident report? This came out very quickly IMO. And to blame the US -- with no mention of Israeli involvement -- means one of two things: Either Iran has concrete proof it was the US (highly unlikely) or this entire thing was used as a political tool to cast the US in a negative light once again.

Attacking Iran in this manner seems more befitting to Bush than Obama, no? I would that Obama would send cookies and thank you notes to Iran before bombing them.

I'm certainly not ruling out a US/Israel connection -- but I think to omit the possibility that Iran could also benefit from this is premature.

Iran is trying to re-engage with the rest of the world. They are also trying to get clearance from the UN for continuing their nuclear program. What better way to get support for a nuclear program than by showing the rest of the world -- "see....we're the ones under attack, not the other way around."

Like I said, I'm still on the fence. I think what happens next will surely make it evident who really is behind this.

Edit to add: Also, keep in mind that after the election in Iran there were reports of some of the Revolutionary Guards flipping support. There was the question of a possible breaking of rank. I wonder if the guards that were killed were at all involved in that?

[edit on 18-10-2009 by lpowell0627]

To blame the US all Iran has to do is read ABC news. advised by American officials means trained.. these are best terrorists US tax dollars can buy. Jundullah is Uncle Sams version of Hamas.

obama should order his own immediate arrest and transfer to Guantanamo Bay and the occupation of CIA HQ.. in the fight against global terrorism of course.

iran has the right to defend themselves against a UN ignoring, terrorist supporting, war starting nation responsible for deadly criminal attacks on irans soil, not to mention the suffering of millions.. a nation whose leaders have threatened to "obliterate" and "bomb bomb bomb iran".. which = wipe iran off the map.

Surely an all options on the table retaliatory strike against the sponsors of these Jundullah terrorists would be in line with US policy. DC should brace themselves for blowback.

blogs.abcnews.com...
ABC News Exclusive: The Secret War Against Iran

A Pakistani tribal militant group responsible for a series of deadly guerrilla raids inside Iran has been secretly encouraged and advised by American officials since 2005, U.S. and Pakistani intelligence sources tell ABC News. The group, called Jundullah, is made up of members of the Baluchi tribe and operates out of the Baluchistan province in Pakistan, just across the border from Iran.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
That the US conducts clandestine operations all over the world against its so-called "enemies" using tactics that, if known by average Americans, would astonish them is not a secret anymore to most of us here. But where is the good evidence?

Is there a site, group or source that has a good account of actual details and dealings? Has someone got the specifics? I find that there is only enough to get a "picture" but not a really clear one at this point.

Abdolhamid Rigi, a high ranking member of Jundallah, detailed in part how the war on terror fighting US supports these terrorists.. US funded Jundallah, AND advised the criminals who the land of the free wanted summarily murdered.

Ordering murders, supporting terrorism, paying criminals $100,000.. sounds like DC mafia business as usual.

www.globalresearch.ca...

"After meeting with the U.S. officials in the U.S. embassy in Pakistan four years ago, they (the U.S. officials) promised to help us with everything we needed," Abdolhamid Rigi, the brother of insurgent Jundallah leader Abdolmalek Rigi, told reporters.

A google search of Abdolhamid Rigi reveals a plethora of information

www.google.com...

Iran rebel, on death row, says US supported group | Reuters
Aug 25, 2009 ... The statement by Abdolhamid Rigi echoed Iran's allegations about Jundollah (God's soldiers), which claimed responsibility for a bomb attack ...
www.reuters.com/article/latestCrisis/idUSLP446118

United States behind terrorist attack in Iran? - Miami Dolphins ...
1 post - 1 author - Last post: 2 hours ago
Abdolhamid Rigi, the brother of Jundullah leader Abdolmalek Rigi ... Abdolhamid Rigi was among the thirteen members of the Jundullah who ...
www.finheaven.com/.../united-states-behind-terrorist-attack-in-iran-260357.html

A 'Working Relationship To Fund, Train, And Use Terrorists For ...
Jul 9, 2009 ... Abdolhamid Rigi, the brother of Jundullah leader Abdolmalek Rigi ... Abdolhamid Rigi was among the thirteen members of the Jundullah who ...
www.911truth.org/article.php?story=20090709150322886

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Let's not go completely stupid here as we've done on other threads.

Iran has a regular military, and then it has the Revolutionary Guards which are ideologically driven militia.

The regular military don't really care for these emotional nuts in the Revolutionary Guard. They feel that the Guards may pull a stunt that will create a bad situation that the military will have to pick up.

Iran has its own problems. Conflicting political groups, some religious fanatics, some moderates, and some who prefer a secular government.

Then you have Sunni and Shia within all those groups which won't agree.

Hardliners in the government right now control the direction of Iran, and the puppet of the moment is Ahmajackoff.

Anyone and everyone is being blamed for this group assassination. They want badly to blame it on foreigners. The truth is, it's more likely insiders.

But which ones?

Right now everyone is worried, everyone is sleeping with one eye opened, and now additional security is being dispatched to those who feel vulnerable. And that costs money. Lots of money.

Iran just got a taste of what it's been dishing out, and they don't like the taste.

Everyone suspects every other group.

I would think that there was use of "agents of purpose," but then while the program matched up the agents to the task, it is entirely possible that there were layers of co-conspirators.

IRANIAN co-conspirators.

It's beautiful.

Just beautiful.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I think everyone can see how this was done - but it is colossally stupid to infer any likelihood that this was an internal issue considering the posturing of the west.

To do anything except condemn it is to condone terrorism - and condemnation of terrorism is the supposed high moral ground that the US stands on when invading the rest of the world.

The Us is the country that finances and creates most of the terrorism in the world - then they have the audacity to declare a 'war' on it?

Its purely vile, as is this attack. The ongoing media and intelligence efforts to undermine the elected government of Iran are disgusting, and should be rejected and condemned by every nation and people.

This is purely the effort of the globalist NWO - trying to bully and coerce Iran into its plans of mass genocide and slavery of all people. Reject the NWO, reject terrorism, and reject this vile act.

################################################

What I find darkly ironic - is the seeming desire to applaud the efforts of those who have bankrupted the US, seized all its property - and intend to either kill, or imprison you.

Yet you cheer them on when they are killing the only people who are resisting them? I find it ironic - it is beyond my comprehension how you can cheer on your enemies, and condemn your allies.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Just pondering...

POTUS has a PR consideration regarding the sending in of additional troops into Afghanistan. The move to add more troops could now be predicated on the fact that they will want to send more troops to help backup the troops we have there now.

Thusly.. we don't look like we are going against are newly acquired noble peace prize. Not saying DC has anything to do with this or the US in general... but boy this event sure could bare some fruit! More then what's being reported at this time at least...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I would think that there was use of "agents of purpose," but then while the program matched up the agents to the task, it is entirely possible that there were layers of co-conspirators.

IRANIAN co-conspirators.

It's beautiful.

Just beautiful.

And your point is what, besides the fact that you find war a thrill? The US doesn't usually send in the Marines to conduct its terrorism. It buys that "service" clandestinely from the country's own disgruntled, or the nearest scum they can find, recruit and train.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon

A 2007 Sunday Telegraph report revealed that the CIA created Jundullah to achieve 'regime change in Iran', and said the US intelligence agency was trying to destabilize Iran by 'supplying arms-length support' and 'money and weapons' to the group.

Another report posted by ABC also revealed that the US officials had ordered Jundullah to 'stage deadly guerrilla raids inside the Islamic Republic, kidnap Iranian officials and execute them on camera', all as part of a 'programmatic objective to overthrow the Iranian government'.

www.presstv.ir...

Of course you will immediately discredit the quoted source because it doesn't agree with your views.

Nah, I don't discredit the source. I regularly read Al-Jazeera as well as several jihadist websites, among others, for information. You'd be amazed what intel you can gather if you know how to read it. CIA does the same thing. They have analysts whose job is to sit all day long and sift through it for nuggets.

Those who support the globalists are their own enemy - and the enemy of everyone who wishes a world of liberty and peace.

a "world of liberty and peace"? That by itself sounds pretty globalist to me. On whose terms should I accept this "liberty and peace"?

First they create terrorists - then they declare war on terror? Brilliant, if it weren't so sick.

That's putting the horse before the cart. The GWOT started in 2001. CIA support for the Jundallah, according to your sources, started in 2005. You've got your "first" and "then" bass ackwards.

I love the US that is outlined by its constitution, the current US war machine is not anything like the US that was founded on the blood of heroes so many years ago.

"US war machine". Another of those trite phrases that mean nothing really, popping back from the grave of the 60's.

For Odin's sake, can't modern leftists modernize their speech?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno

Not to put too fine a point on it, but if you had a "clearer picture", wouldn't that mean that "clandestine operators", the key word being "clandestine", weren't doing their job properly?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join