It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Iranian commanders assassinated

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Top Iranian commanders assassinated

news.bbc.co.uk

Several top commanders in Iran's elite Revolutionary Guard have been killed in a suicide bombing in the volatile south-east of the country.

Iranian state media say at least 20 people have died in the attack, in the province of Sistan-Baluchistan, and dozens more injured.

The commanders were in the region for a meeting with tribal leaders.

No group has claimed responsibility for the attack, which was condemned by Iran's Parliamentary Speaker.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
This just broke

Well it appears that Iran has been having some trouble I'll dig into this for more info. EDIT: I'm sure the Anti-US/Israel crowd are going to have a field day with this one.

No group has claimed responsibility for the attack, which was condemned by Iran's Parliamentary Speaker.

Iran has previously accused a Sunni resistance group, Jundallah, of terrorist activities in the province.

Sistan-Baluchistan is mainly made up of the Baluchi ethnic group who are Sunni Muslims, some of whom oppose Shia rule.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
If Israel/US were going to attack soon that's a sure sign. Decapitation IMO. I wouldn't have paid much attention to it but with all that has been transpiring over the past 6 months or so. This seems very fishy to me.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by The-Hammer]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
The anti-US/Israel crowd WILL have a field day with this, not to mention the Iranian govt pointing at us Great Satans and jumping up and down.

With that said, I gotta tell ya, buddy, this one DOES have a hint of the Mark of Cain on it, all things considered. It's what I would be doing, anyhow. A little payback for Iranian support of the OTHER jihadist groups around, with the added bonus of creating a bit of disruption. Add that up with the fact that it was military heads targetted, and not civilians.

As I recall, and I may be wrong here, but Iranian Baluchistan butts up against both Afghanistan and Pakistani Baluchistan, doesn't it? I believe that was on one of the infiltration routes for Iranian assistance to the Mujahideen of the 80's as well as the more recent Taliban.

I'm pretty sure we have people there right now, poking at the Jundallah with sticks (probably sticks of explosives) and encouraging them. The fact that no one has claimed responsibility yet could be an indicator. You can't claim victory in someone else's name for a black op, since they'll (usually, not always) start screaming to high heaven that they didn't do it, and then the hunt is on. Better to just blow stuff up and stay quiet, keep 'em guessing.

It could have been Jundallah, or some other sunni group, or it could have been CIA or ISI. If it was a suicide attack, it probably wasn't CIA, but may have been CIA supported. And I'll tell ya right now, ISI ain't losing no love on Iranians. They treat the country as if there weren't anything there but Shia. Mighty strange that this comes right on the heels of the Pak offensive against the Taliban, just east and a bit north of there.

It COULD have been some wierd mixture of all 3. War sometimes makes strange bedfellows.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Tons of action on twitter right now, as well... #Iran and #Iranelections

Govt-backed Press TV now reporting there were 2 separate blasts in 2 locations.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be a kick in the head if Iran did this to HERSELF, so she could blame it on the CIA/Mossad/ISI? Black ops is black ops. They call 'em that because you ain't supposed to know whodunnit, and it can be blamed on anyone.

I dunno, the mulla-tollahs are pretty diabolical, but I don't know if I'd credit them for THAT much deviousness. It remains a possibility, but I'll bet there are those around, probably even right here at ATS, who only think us yanks are that diabolically clever.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Yeah clear house of questionables. Then use it as a false flag to blame the West/US/Israel so that they can attempt to garner Iranian public opinion.

Why not?

I mean everybody is constantly accusing the US of it here in the states.

+20 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
There's no anti-US or anti-Israel crowd.

The "anti" people just happen to see both sides because the "pro" crowd clearly doesn't.

If you don't think this is "fishy" at all considering how Israel is in trouble with the international community and needs to do something, and will most likely do something stupid, then you are simply blinded by deception.

America and Israel have been fighting a proxy war with Iran for sometime now. They pay the "anti-Iranian" terrorist groups funding just like how Iran funds Hezbollah and Hamas.

It's all a game, and if you can't tell then read this about how Britain is helping the Taliban by giving them helicopter transportation:

www.sott.net...

www.presstv.ir...

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Attack believed to be by Sunni militant group Jundallah

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by nenothtu

Yeah clear house of questionables. Then use it as a false flag to blame the West/US/Israel so that they can attempt to garner Iranian public opinion.

Why not?

I mean everybody is constantly accusing the US of it here in the states.

EXACTLY!

You must be one of those diabolically clever Yank mastermind super double-nought spies! You think just like 'em!

[edit on 2009/10/18 by nenothtu]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Emerald The Paradigm

The "anti" people just happen to see both sides because the "pro" crowd clearly doesn't.

If you don't think this is "fishy" at all considering how Israel is in trouble with the international community and needs to do something, and will most likely do something stupid, then you are simply blinded by deception.

America and Israel have been fighting a proxy war with Iran for sometime now. They pay the "anti-Iranian" terrorist groups funding just like how Iran funds Hezbollah and Hamas.

When it comes to Israel and Iran....
I'm not Anti this or pro that.

But can you honestly sit there and say Iran has not helped or contributed to the resistance or in any other way not stirred the pot in neighboring Iraq?

If you say no then maybe that's not looking at both side eh?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Sorry, friend, there most assuredly IS. I've spent the last week or so duking it out with them, and not all are as open to actual discussion as you are.

Now now, let's not start jumping into generalizations. In neither case, on neither side, is the above statement strictly correct.

I beg to differ. That same trouble that you mention Israel being in is a very strong reason NOT to do anything rash or small. If they do anything, it will be large - and decisive. They can't afford to tinker around.

I'll grant you that. Probably more than just pay. If the past is any guide, there are assets on the ground in those tribal areas right this minute, low profile. More likely CIA and/or ISI than Mossad. Israelis aren't very well received in those parts.

[edit on 2009/10/18 by nenothtu]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Thanks for the link
The video poster who posted that video posts a news story and then in the information section blatantly states!

the US-Israeli false flag operation has begun.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
A interesting turn of events to saythe least. Now Iran not onlyhas to deal with the theat from Israel, now it has its own terroists/freedom fighter problems. Maybe now they will kno how it feels to be attacked by terroists/freedomfighters.

Will be watch with interest to see if this thread goes down the pan, like some of the other threads whichhave resorted to Anti Israeli hate, or Anti Iranian hatred.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Sounds like a Mossad attack to me.The first of many to come.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yes, well - someone(s) always got an agenda - possible manipulation of an event?

Guess we shall see how this pans out.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   

I don't have a dog in this fight but I've been a long time lurker way before I ever joined. I can't believe I just read that.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
This should raise suspicion, and this recent attack is just a means of softening targets for Israel and the US to attack when they are ready. As The-Hammer has already said, " decapitation," and they are right, this attack was precisely that. It was an assault on the military leadership, and the ones, who would be spearheading the defense in the event Iran is attacked. This Jundallah group is from Baluchistan and it should be no surprise to anyone familiar with this topic, who the handlers of this terrorist group are?

Late last year, Congress agreed to a request from President Bush to fund a major escalation of covert operations against Iran, according to current and former military, intelligence, and congressional sources. These operations, for which the President sought up to four hundred million dollars, were described in a Presidential Finding signed by Bush, and are designed to destabilize the country’s religious leadership. The covert activities involve support of the minority Ahwazi Arab and Baluchi groups and other dissident organizations. They also include gathering intelligence about Iran’s suspected nuclear-weapons program.

www.newyorker.com...

The is the work of the "Good Ole'," Central Intelligence Agency and it appears the boys from Langley are at it again in Iran. With the fine art of espionage, fanning the flames of sectarian violence, sabotage, mandating terrorism as long as it is inline with US interests, subversion, destabilization, and other diabolical affairs. Anyone remember "Operation Ajax?" It looks as though a lot of planning was put into this operation through intelligence gathering and surveillance. Only through meticulous planning could an operation of this importance have been pulled off. What are the odds, that a suicide bomber could have known all of the command structure of the Revolutionary Guard was at that location, and thus, kill them all in one swoop? This incident is very fishy? I am no fan of the Islamic Republic or its treatment of the people, but this can be tied to the US and to a lesser extent Israel. Plus, it is terrorism aimed at a foreign government, and something the US and its allies have stumped against since 9-11. What I see here is a blatant and in-your-face double standard.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Iranian paramilitary Al-Quds force re-enters southern Iraq in force and fans the flames of resentment with the Shia, regarding their fragile relationship with the Sunni. Will this attack result in a reboot in sectarian violence as seen from a few years ago? Will this attack bring the US out of their bases to assist the Iraqi military when all hell breaks loose in the cities, and will the casualty numbers of US service members return? You can bet, there will be blow-back from this event aimed at US interests in the region.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
this was a little too co-ordinated for some group of mountain squablers.

if this wasnt an israeli attack, it was an american backed sunni group who has been training in Iraq.

dont ask me for proof, its common bloody sense to see this for what it is.

What will be interesting is if the ayatollah makes a statement, this is a critical event to occur to Irans military aspect, if he doesnt speak, he is indeed in a coma.

has it begun?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
I wouldn't be surprised if the Iranian paramilitary Al-Quds force re-enters southern Iraq in force and fans the flames of resentment with the Shia, regarding their fragile relationship with the Sunni.

There has not been much of that fragile peace. They have been blowing each other up left and right lately. As a matter of fact they are not even bothering with the US troops anymore.

Death toll rises to 14 in northern Iraq bombing

MOSUL, Iraq, Oct. 16 (Xinhua) -- The death toll from a suicide bombing inside a Sunni mosque in northern Iraq's Nineveh province rose to 14 and some 92 others injured, a provincial police source said Friday.

"Our latest reports said that 14 worshippers were killed and some 92 others injured," the source told Xinhua on condition of anonymity.

Ten killed in Iraq bombings

In the deadliest incident, a suicide bomber exploded a belt-full of explosives in a coffee shop in Buhruz, 15 kilometres south of Baquba in Diyala province, killing eight people and leaving 10 others injured.

"We received eight bodies, and 10 other people were wounded," Dr Ahmed Alwan of Baquba General Hospital told AFP, adding the casualties were men.

An official in the Baquba operations command, which is the joint military-police security centre for Diyala, confirmed the tolls, speaking on condition of anonymity.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join