It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran assasination and attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Sky News are reporting the following breaking news on their ticker.

Nothing to link to as yet:

Reuters: Senior Revolutionary Guard official assasinated.

Reuters: Reports say dozens killed or wounded in attack in Southeast Iran

That is all the information available at present.

What does this indicate? Internal strife or external influence?

One to keep an eye on i would suggest.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by phoenix103

Some more detail below:

TEHRAN, Oct 18 (Reuters) - A senior Revolutionary Guards commander was assassinated in an attack in volatile southeastern Iran, state television reported on Sunday.

State Press TV said the assassinated official was deputy head of the Guards' ground forces. It also said dozens of others were reportedly killed or wounded, without giving details.

www.alertnet.org...

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Only thing I can find in respect to this is a faint mention on the ap hosted on google. I am intrigued.

ML APNewsAlert (AP) – 10 minutes ago TEHRAN, Iran — Iranian state media says several top Revolutionary Guard commanders killed in suicide bombing.

link

The los angeles times has now reported.

la times link

[edit on 18-10-2009 by Seiko]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I would bet most of my spare money that this was done by Israel's / US Special Forces! Who knows, even the good old British SAS may have had a go too?

This has been a long time in the making and goes on all the time in Iraq, Pakistan and others countries, we just don't get to hear about it!

Unfortunately, Iran may simply blame Israel to give them an excuse to do something back and then who knows what it will escalate into?

Definately one to watch here, thanks for the story! I saw it on Sky News first thing and immediately went to my favourite site ATS!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
my moneys on mossad. If anymore leaders are assassinated, i'd say this is a prelude to war.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
BBC News in the UK just stated that it was a suicide bomber that blew himself up and killed all the Commanders in a car (just in the right place at the right time, mmm).

Not sure what to think now, maybe the good old Beeb has been told what to say again by the Home Office (happens all the time) in case it sparks off rumours?

top topics

join