It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I posted this question on David Icke's forum.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Dreams Come True
October 17, 2009 by YouAreDreaming

Precognition, or seeing the future in your dreams is not an isolated event affecting humans across the globe. This phenomena, where you sleep at night and dream something that one day later comes true has being going on for a very long time.

Humans who have this condition, of precognitive dreaming seldom realize that the reality of such an experience is not widely known by the general public. This is largely due to the lack of research and education brought about by today's scientific and educational facilities.

If you are such a person who has had this type of experience, then you probably have already realized that there is not a lot of sources of information regarding this phenomena. Yet, within your own personal expeirences you have probably witnessed first hand, a dream that has come true.

Déjà vu in French means, "Already seen.". This experience is featured as a sudden aura of sensations which elevate the hairs on your arms, and the excitement of realization that something although completely random as life often is, is suddenly very familiar and already seen.

Think about all the times you have had Déjà vu and it brought about such a wild sensation. Think about that sensation. What is it? Is it temporal lobe epilepsy? According to some research, all Déjà vu is merely TLE, or temporal lobe epilepsy. However, research doesn't cover Déjà Rêve which means in French, "Already Dreamed".

Examine your own Déjà vu and ask yourself how many times has it actually been Déjà Rêve? Already dreamed. A dream that has come true.

I expect some of you will have full knowledge of this experience, this Déjà Rêve but very little understanding or knowing as to what it really is. Some of you stop at Déjà vu, and even less stop at nothing at all.

This is the nature of human consciousness and human experience. Some people can experience something that some other people cannot. It's not a measurement by any means, rather a reality of the nature of this phenomena.

"Precognitive Dreaming" is probably the best English translation of the experience by today's literal definition of the phenomena of dreaming something that one day later comes true.

According to one man, "Ian Wilson", dreams do indeed come true. Further research on the topic will yield that several other people have also had such expeirences.

Theoretically, one of those people is you. You may have personal knowledge and experience of this phenomena. That dreams come true. How much do you really know about this phenomena?

Am I insane?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Fascinating subject.

I myself have experienced this before. Its weird cos I dont recall my dreams very often and as a result I sometimes records them if I have time (actually trying to do this all the time now).

Its very strange feeling when it happens allthough when I have experienced this it has not been anything significant at all. The last time it happened I literally just dreamed I was sat at my computer having a certain conversation with my partner. About a month later or so this happened. My partner thought I was going mad until I should her it in my journal lol. Like I say though was not significant was a regular conversation.

The most exciting one was when I was about 12 though. I dreamt that me and my friend would sing that song "anything you can do, I can do better". Anyways we did and not only that it came on television a couple of moments after lol was very weird.

So no I dont think your insane, unless we both are =D

S and F for you as awesome subject.

Edit: Wow I was first post awesome =D

[edit on 18-10-2009 by tempest501]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
tempest501 as we have chatted in other threads. You should know that I respect you.

Reality is a very challenging subject for any human. Yet, every day we dress ourselves up in "reality" and go about our daily business.

In all that business, do we truly stop and realize what that "Reality" truly is?

I like to think so. I like to think that "Reality" is so grand, that it spans any human judgment. Yet involves every human that judges it.

It is here right now. And all we are to do is realize it. What is "Reality"?

Can we answer that question? Is it too personal, to right now? How hard are the answers to what "Reality" is?

Dreams my friend. Are they a part of "Reality"?

What about those dreams?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Indeed.

I think dreams are definetely important someway. Maybe its our innerself trying to help us along the journey. Its funny when you sit and think about how many coincidences happen because of a dream. For example, Couple of nights ago i dreamt about the Pyramids in Egypt being older than the current thinking. The next day I knocked a book off a shelf and it was called something like "Egypts Lost history" and then when I got to work I thought I would check ATS and one of the threads was "pyramids are 12000 years old" or something like that.

I dont know if its just me but also when I dream it can quite heavely effect my emotions with regards to that subject. Was a nightmare when i was a teenager as would dream about a girl of something and I would be besotted with them for a couple of days, quite bizarre.

I am sure we do dream future events sometimes though as I have experienced it at least a dozen times but the event have never been anything important or profound. In fact they have always been of normal day to day events. So normal that I dont realise until it happens and then i am like "this weird that I dream about this lol". Its never in close proximty for me either always dream whatever it is like a month before.

Really helps to keep the journal though as otherwise my wife would prob send me to the funny farm lol. Also using this journal to try and dream more often and maybe even take control of a dreamworld one day =D so I can explore the inner workings of my mind.

Peace

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by tempest501

Just because you dream, doesn't mean you suddenly have to run off to the funny farm... lol.

That is funny though. I know so much about dreaming. It's a subject that I have personally studied my whole life, and I don't treat it jokingly like it's irrelevant and stupid.

Rather, I respect it for the reality that it is. Even if I don't understand it fully when I am awake here. Yet, here I am. Here you are. At a perspective of perception that we both judge our reality.

It's not crazy when a dream comes true. Rather it is fact.

Not fiction or fantasy. I wish I could say it is fiction or fantasy... Actually, I am glad I can say it is more then fiction and fantasy, because it is "Reality".

Now Tempast501, don't mistake my musings as being ignorant of you or what you experience as yourself. I am encouraging a very close inspection of yourself by yourself. To come to the fullness of the realizations that you need to.

It is the same for me, as it is for all of us. To simply realize the truth.

What is the truth?

[edit on 18-10-2009 by YouAreDreaming]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Why do we sleep?
Is it purely for biological purposes?
- We rest.
- Our body still works and heals very much so during sleep.
- When asleep we exist within infinity, just as we do when we are awake, just in a aletered existence or connection.

It is very possible to dream what you have described
You are not going insane.

The possible role of '___'

Some believe it plays a role in mediating the visual effects of natural dreaming, and also near-death experiences, religious visions and other mystical states.[21] A biochemical mechanism for this was proposed by the medical researcher J. C. Callaway, who suggested in 1988 that '___' might be connected with visual dream phenomena, where brain '___' levels are periodically elevated to induce visual dreaming and possibly other natural states of mind.[22] A new hypothesis proposed is that in addition to being involved in altered states of consciousness, endogenous '___' may be involved in the creation of normal waking states of consciousness. It is proposed that '___' and other endogenous hallucinogens mediate their neurological abilities by acting as neurotransmitters at a sub class of the trace amine receptors; a group of receptors found in the CNS where '___' and other hallucinogens have been shown to have activity. Wallach further proposes that in this way waking consciousness can be thought of as a controlled psychedelic experience. It is when the control of these systems becomes loosened and their behavior no longer correlates with the external world that the altered states arise.[23]

en.wikipedia.org...

Im talking about naturally produced '___' during sleep. Not ingested. Though when ingested it produces a psychadelic responce (which we wont go into on ATS)
The research is sparce, however if '___' does allow for halucinagenic visions during dream state, then it is the key to precognative dreams.
Is '___' the key to accessing the mutiverse, heaven, the higher consciousness, the borg or infinity...use whichever term you want

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Double posted me naughty!!!

[edit on 18-10-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Beautiful double post by the way. Do you zazzafrazz, really think about it?

'___' is irrelevant in the big picture that consciousness conveys. Sure it might get you into the spider-web of oneness that exists. But is it really going to give you the deep truths and meanings?

Not having smoked '___'... not that it matters. I have seen reality from a very fractal and holographic realization that people on '___' describe. For sure, there is a web, or a greater connection.

I see it naturally in my Dreams. Every day I am reminded of the true reality that we possess. Human reality, the reality of the dreamer. This right "now".

A drug experience fails in my opinion to really shine the light needed to appreciate the fullness what reality is.

So subjective it is.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
The most bizarre experience I have ever had was sharing a dream with a female friend. What was more incredible was that we tried to ring each other the next morning to tell each other of the dream. Both our phone lines were engaged because we were trying to ring each other at the exact same time!

Speaking for my own actions, I don't normally ring someone when they are in my dream... happens all the time... but for whatever reason, I felt compelled this particular day as the dream was extremely vivid and more potent than normal.

Her dream was exactly the same except from her perspective and a few metaphors that were expressed differently but ultimately the same.

I had a strange dream when I was young that the Pope had died. I did not even know what a pope was as I don't come from a religious family/upbringing. When we got up for school and put the TV on to watch cartoons, a news break came on saying that the pope had died... (the one before Pope John Paul). I always found this inexplicable!

IRM

Edit to Add:

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
Double posted me naughty!!!

Zazzy... You is always naughty!!!!

[edit on 18/10/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

InfraRedMan,

The reality of dreaming is a rather large place. There is both this subjective and objective nature to what that world really represents.

It's astronomical really. So open to new ideas and eager to convey them. Some of them, becoming our reality right now.

Dreams are a product of consciousness. If dreams one day become reality... is reality then a product of consciousness?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming

Dreams are a product of consciousness. If dreams one day become reality... is reality then a product of consciousness?

Man o'man, I hope not.

Just yesterday during my nap I turned some poor fellows head into an old shoe.
It was horrible, he just dropped dead, and there was this old crusty leather shoe where his head was.

Before it happened I was just thinking: "hey, his head looks kinda shoeish" ....and then he died with a shoe-head. It was horrible.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

I was refering to the naturally produced '___' not the induced kind.
It is produced in small quatities during metabolism during sleep, and I referrence it as it could be the natural chemical we use as boilogical realities to access infinty, as well as to create the images you are seeing.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Hi Sunshine

There is nothing strange about this, you just remembered the connection is all

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

I agree Zazzafrazz that when we sleep at night, the mind releases some chemicals that induce some psychodelic experience we call a dream.

However, the real jest of this thread is not all of those dreams. Just the ones that come true.

What can you tell me about those dreams?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I for one am trying to look inward and work out what these precognitive dreams mean. It has always baffled me that when it has happened to me it has always been just day to day stuff as makes me wonder Why? even more why.

I so very fortunate to have my wife who believes me (did have to kinda proof it once though with my journal) and she is facinated with it too. tried to talk to friends about it but they just laugh.

Funny thing is sometimes when it happens even I have to think twice since it can be like a dream I had 2 months ago which is why I am glad I have the journal to check.

Have any of you guys ever been able to control your dreams? I keep hoping that I might be able to do so one day so that i can see what happens if I get control of one of these random precognitive dreams.

Peace

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by tempest501

Have any of you guys ever been able to control your dreams? I keep hoping that I might be able to do so one day so that i can see what happens if I get control of one of these random precognitive dreams.

Peace

That's what I do. It isn't as fun as it sounds though (one expects to rest when they go to their bed - not appear in some other version of reality running some rat-race the subconscious mind conjured up)

In any case, a problem is that once you start to clue into the fact that it is a dream or see too many things out of place - then you'll sometimes wake up.

And there is no one way to tell if you are dreaming. Our minds creative very realistic environments and characters for us to interact with.

*When was the last time you saw the Sun in your dreams?

Celestial objects are often missing or out of place in dreams. Often times, lighted areas will have no light source; or it will be out of place.

I guess since only an idiot looks at the sun and it is hard to calculate it's position in the sky - perhaps this is why the brain omits this sort of thing. It is something to look out for.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by tempest501

Hey Tempest501,

I have had lucid dreams that were precognitive in nature. And I have changed these dreams when Lucid, and those changes have happened here.

Not a surprise really when you think about the relationships. The reality of the dream.

It's almost totally obvious but hidden in our beliefs. I have changed dreams that have come true. That is all I can honestly add to this conversation.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Dreams have different purposes.
The ones you are referring to, their purpose for most is not to predict future, rather you are just remembering.
How can you have a memory of something you have not experienced?
The only way you can have that memory, is if in dream state you access the mind in a different way, not the brain, but mind which exists outside of time and is part of infinite possibilities.
We apply time in this reality, and technically our definition is linear. Your mind exists outside of this linear application.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
You guys make a lot of sense.

I think this journey will be a worthy one that is for certain.

I feel so much more aware of things lately, its what got me to recording my dreams in the first place.

Exciting times.

Peace

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   

You are getting "there" zazzafrazz.

The "non-linear" is critical to dream thinking because of the precognitive nature of some dreams. They represent a moment where our consciousness resides outside of the time/space continuum as we believe it to be. And simply observes this time/space continuum as it has to be.

It has to be. It is.

We are our own conscious testimony of reality. Up until the day we die. And that day this communication stops. The ideas become trapped in some point in time and space. The relevance?

Each of us, are the relevance.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join