It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hazelnut Oil - Anyone Using It?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Hi all,

ive been reading a bit about Hazelnut Oil the last few days and I thought I would share some info.

Most brands of hazelnut oil are exports from Turkey and parts of Asia where the hazel tree is native. A few brands of hazelnut oil are made in the US and come from Washington or Oregon. You may even find a brand or two grown and made in France

Basically, this stuff is really good for us in many ways, and yet, in my area anyway, you cant buy this in most shops!

Im definatley going to order some online and give its various uses a try!!

Hazelnut Oil - Corylus avellana

BENEFITS

Skin Toner
Regeneration of Cells
Strengthening of Capillaries
Respiratory Disorders
Moisturising Qualities
Acne Deterrent
Soothing and Relaxing Benefits
Filters Suns Rays (used in sunscreens)
Creams,Soaps, Lotions and Hair Products.

Quite a list of Benefits here. I realise that many other things have maybe more benefits than this, but I thought I would just provide this info for those of you like me, who have never heard of this, or who have never tried it.

You can cook your food in it or use it for all of the above uses.

www.wisegeek.com...

beauty.indobase.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Used,did not like.I say try drinking yerba mate and borage tea.Yerba mate replaces coffee as a stimulant but is an absolute astonishing tonic that has everything the human body needs all wrapped up in a simple drink.Google rosamonte,you get it in 1kg bags.Use alot more than you would a normal tea ie 30g for 3 cups in a coffee maker.Borage has alot of oils that are brilliant for the skin etc,you can get oil caps aswell if you like.The drink doesn't taste so good...

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

hi, i will look into this, never heard of it until now . thanks!

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Yerba mate is the national drink of argentina..after you have tried a few cups you will never go back to coffee.I say a few cups because it tastes a tad *alien* at first...but like everything you grow accustomed to it,just persevere.I get mine from here catalog.urushop.co.uk... don't know where you will get it in NZ.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   

I know people who have used Hazelnut oil, however, never tried it myself. I am a user of Tea-Tree oil. It smells a little funky, however it does a world of good.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I second the Tea Tree oil. When you mix it with fresh Aloe Vera, you couldn't ask for a better skin treatment. A little goes a long way, too.

If you put some good organic oatmeal in a food processor, you get a very fine powder. You can mix this with all sorts of fresh fruits, vegetables, and plant extracts to make quick & easy skin products that work.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I've been wanting to try Flaxseed oil (and ground flaxseed).

Here are the skin benefits:
ezinearticles.com...

And general health benefits:
flaxfood.com...
www.herbwisdom.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

You should find Hazelnut oil on the shelf at your Heath Food shop . Not expensive . Nice an light , skin drinks it well and won't cause breakouts . Wonderful carrier oil . It is one of our more poplular oils to use as its absorbs quickly , but it will stain clothing so give yourself a few extra minutes of me time to enjoy after applying .
I third the Tea Tree Oil , with your flu season in motion this will help some . Morning shower bliss , place your foot/feet over your shower drain outlet , with the warm water steaming down around your feet drop around 5 drops of Tea Tree oil and start to breath in the the aroma , this will help clear the sinus , and your whole body of skin will be absorbing the aromatherapy application . One tiny bottle of essential Tea tree oil is a wonderful first aid kit for hundreds of applications . Store safely away from young children as all essential oils should be . Cheers from a newbie .

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Assari

oohh,, that sounds good! will definatley give this a try.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I often use it in my aromatic skincare concoctions.
(Which is why I look good enough to EAT.
)

[edit on 18-10-2009 by Vanitas]

top topics

join