It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chupacabra Makes World Premiere

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Unusual Animal Makes World Premiere

SOURCE PAGE

Last week a most unusual animal made its world premiere in an equally strange museum in the small town of Phoenix, New York. The mounted and stuffed beast is claimed to be the elusive chupacabra (the vampiric "goat sucker" of Hispanic folklore), and is on display for an exclusive engagement through Halloween at the Lost World Museum, run by real estate agent John Adolfi.

Adolfi's chupacabra was found thousands of miles away in Blanco, Texas, in August. A local man presented the dead animal (half jokingly) as a chupacabra to a taxidermist named Jerry Ayer. It had been attacking chickens a few days earlier, and succumbed to poison left as bait. The canid creature weighed about 80 pounds and resembled a coyote or dog. But its front legs were a few inches longer than most coyotes', and it was mostly hairless except for around the feet and along its backbone. The news got out, and soon the taxidermy school where Ayer works was getting 100 calls a day from people all over the world inquiring about his mysterious carcass. Ayer had planned to display the creature as a conversation piece, or in a museum, but soon realized that the publicity would not go away until he was rid of the chupacabra. It was soon sold to Mr. Adolfi, destined for a place in the spotlight at his museum.

Thoughts?

[edit on 10/18/09 by Djdoubt03]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Djdoubt03

To me, it still looks like a starved possibly crossbreed canine. The lack of fur almost looks as if it has been cross breed with a Chinese-Crested terrier, they can look rather "beasty"

The skin of the animal also shows signs that it may have possibly had mange.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
thats one nastied up dog if i ever saw one! how long had that been floating and bloating in a storm culvert?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Looks like a mangy coyote to me. Those things get pretty ugly when they lose their fur and their skin gets diseased.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by felonius
thats one nastied up dog if i ever saw one!

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

I THINK I PEED A LITTLE LAUGHING SO HARD!!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
It looks like a... dog.

Wow

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Like the others all I see is a dog.

What happened to the four foot bipedal scaly green gremlin-like chupacabra people used to see? Now-a-days all we get are poor starving canines with mange. Then again I suppose the appearance of the creature has fluctuated quite a bit making it kind of hard to pin down an conclusive identification.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Also looks like a dog to me/ Much like that balloon boy thing this week I'm going to call hoax on this also

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I think they already discussed this one at cryptomundo.

If the chupacabra would really exist it wouldn't look close to this.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Scooby Doo

Yeah i was gonna say, it looks like a shaved,underfeed, german shepard, and set up to look mean and vicious...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I see a dog. I don't see anything that even remotely looks like any description of a chupacabra, except that it has teeth.

Why is this even interesting?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Just in case you didn't know, that's the winner of the Ugliest Dog Competition they had a while back. Yeah, you see why it one, but it still deserves a hug cause it's not mean just different.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Yeah I don't buy it either....

I took this discription right from Wikipedia

The most common description of Chupacabra is a reptile-like being, appearing to have leathery or scaly greenish-gray skin and sharp spines or quills running down its back.[20] This form stands approximately 3 to 4 feet (1 to 1.2 m) high, and stands and hops in a similar fashion to a kangaroo.[21] In at least one sighting, the creature was reported to hop 20 feet (6 m). This variety is said to have a dog or panther-like nose and face, a forked tongue, and large fangs. It is said to hiss and screech when alarmed, as well as leave behind a sulfuric stench.[21] When it screeches, some reports assert that the chupacabra's eyes glow an unusual red which gives the witnesses nausea.

Now this what I've been taught a Chupacabra is... the stories always told of them making remarkable leaps into the air... granted dogs can be good jumpers but I've never heard of any dog that could hop from the ground to a roof top without a running start... Sorry just another ugly dog story to me..

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
the original chupacabra was/is green, lizard like with glowing red eyes,and a long tongue. It was really defined by its way of killing.It would puncture the neck and insert some sort of tube that intelligently maneuvered the anatomy of whatever animal it was ingesting (and there are different types) in order to find the vital? organs, liquefy them and "suck" them up,hence the name.I don't know when it became an obvious K-9 with no capability of this type of feeding,but I don't consider them "chupacabra"I want to here more about the original/real one.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I never pictured a chupacabra to look dog-like. I thought a chupacabra would be 3 to 4 foot tall scaly maybe green creature that stands on 2 legs, very nimble, big teeth and so on. If chupacabra was a ugly dog then we would have lots of chupacabras out in the world

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Australian Chupacabra!!!!
Man I've seen so many supposed photos of these things- and every one a let down.......

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Genus
Just in case you didn't know, that's the winner of the Ugliest Dog Competition they had a while back. Yeah, you see why it one, but it still deserves a hug cause it's not mean just different.

i think you're right, i've seen the photo before. i can't find a link to which competition but i'm fairly sure it's out there somewhere.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Here's a vid of one they are calling a chupacabra down in Mexico

Doesnt look like no dog to me...

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The show about Chupacabras in New York is a surprisingly neat idea.
Problem is this-the alleged Chupacabra on display is not a Chupacabra-it is a dog.

I saw a Chupacabra in 2008 and did some research on my own.
The are not small creatures.
Chupacabras definitely do not have dog feet.
The face is wrong-should be a long face.

The other features are not right either.
It's a shame that more people are not aware of this.
I think the popular news version of this creature has made people think that a Chupacabra is nothing more than a dog.

It's far from that.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
that dog with mange is a monster ..dang thing's changed since my day.
lol

top topics

<<   2 >>

join