It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff: Charges will be filed in balloon saga

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Sheriff: Charges will be filed in balloon saga

news.yahoo.com...

Authorities are pursuing criminal charges in the case of a boy who vanished into his parents' garage while the world feared he was trapped aboard a helium balloon — prompting speculation of a hoax.

The boy's parents, Richard and Mayumi Heene, met with Larimer County investigators for much of the afternoon, but Sheriff Jim Alderden didn't say who would be charged or what the charges would be.

Alderden didn't call Thursday's hours-long drama a hoax, but he expressed disappointment that he couldn't level more serious charges in the incident, which sent police and the military scrambling to save young Falcon Heene as millions of worried television viewers watched.

"We were looking at Class 3 misdemeanor, which hardly seems serious enough given the circumstances," Alderden said. "We are talking to the district attorney, federal officials to see if perhaps there aren't additional federal charges that are appropriate in this circumstance."

Well, is this any surprise? I saw some youtubes the dad did and he sure is attention-seeking. Now he is going to get alot of attention.

The worst part of this IMO is using your child as he did and expecting him to be an accomplice. What a sick thing to do to a child, much less the all of the world who watched this hoax unfold.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
If this was indeed a hoax, the person or persons involved deserved to be charged.

Although the charge may not be serious enough, the public shunning plus the embarrassment will help to make up the difference.

I wouldn't want to be in that person's shoes knowing that the whole world are well aware of the hoax and what I look like.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I agree, if it is indeed a HOAX, I believe the ones responsible should be charged accordingly. If so, charges for using emergency services should be applied.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scooby Doo
reply to post by jam321

I agree, if it is indeed a HOAX, I believe the ones responsible should be charged accordingly. If so, charges for using emergency services should be applied.

Put the hoaxers in jail.

But PLEASE make the MSM pay for the emergency fees!!!!

They made MILLIONS OF $$$$$ off this BS drama in ratings! Why do they get to profit off the BS yet pay nothing for hyping it up???

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I totally agree these loser need thier kids taken from them too, I saw that interview last night and wanted to beat them with a bat for an hour, they made everybody think that kid died they don't deserve those kids.

And making them lie or tried to make them lie that is.

Let them rot in jail for a while.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scooby Doo
reply to post by jam321

If they did this I can only imagine the size of the bill. An 15 mile ambulance trip cost $700+ a few years back.

I bet the accused will have hefty fines and/or felony charges before all is said and done.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
At the very least the fact that they did not know that their 6 year old child was in the attic in a box?? should scream incompetent parents!! Im a father of a 5 year old girl and she isnt out of my sight more than 25 seconds unless i put her to bed for the night. These parents tried to pull some sort of nonsense, and I cant even imagine what they hoped to gain from this juvenile stunt. If you ask me...and that is of course if you ask me....they need to be relieved of their children for the benefit of the children......I say they should be placed in a "federal pound you in the a** prison" to quote "Office Space". Creeps!!

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Jumping to conclusions can be costly.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I liked the reaction of the cops apprehending

that roswell - like balloon . hoes at no paces .!

that kid was lucky he wasn't in the thing .LOL

lighten up a bit, it'll ease that stress

over those naughty swamplanterngasvenuscloud balloons

how about a balloon spanking club ?

new topics

top topics

join