It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

simple natural cure for period pain and natural treatment for the flu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
sick of taking nurofen every month and getting painful cramps?

I have a natural solution for you (if you havent already heard of it).

Since ive been taking it i dont use nurofen anymore and as soon as i take it, my pain/cramps disappear. i couldnt live without it now.

The answer is: RASPBERRY LEAF TEA (available from your health shop). its properties have been known about for a long time and have been used in women's health for a long time.

If you want to make it taste better, you can add some mint leaves to the tea (or add a mint tea bag to it).

Feel better!

(also said to assist in childbirth but i am not aware if this is true, and am not recommending it as i havent tried it and dont know for sure.)

FLU:

If you have the flu there are a few natural things that can help:
1. cold rid tea from hilde hemmes herbals: it has the following herbs in it: ederflower black dry; lime tree flower dry; meadowsweet herb dry.

The critical ingredient is elderflower which has been shown to cut flu recovery times in half.

also eat cats claw tablets to boost the immune system.
vitamin c supplements (or brocolli/strawberries) - can be acerloa berry supplements; make sure no artifical sweetners in it.
and eat some raw garlic (swallow bits with water) or put on bread with tomato and basil and olive oil.

the other critical thing is to KEEP WARM. flu virus survives better in cold weather and shud disappear if you're warm enough.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by rapunzel222]

[edit on 18-10-2009 by rapunzel222]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I don't get periods, as I'm a man, but do believe that all ailments can be cured by some plant growing somewhere on this planet. I need to get my book on adaptogens out, because it mentioned certain herbs alleviating PMS. Gimme a sec..

Here we go. It seems blue vervain and motherwort help PMS as well. I'm thinking that since we've all got slightly different genes, the best remedy for one, may not be so for the next. Best to give as many options as possible. Here's simply one more..

Nice find

Herbal relief for PMS

[edit on 17-10-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

thanks for your input - will check out those herbs!

I also agree that there should be a plant cure for just about everything. your book sounds interesting.

interesting book about plants is graham hancock's 'supernatural'. (if you havent read it) about the 'plant teachers of mankind'. through the plant/drug ayacahusa they learn info on how to prepare and use other plants in teh amazon to treat illnesses. (shamans do). Weird maybe, but intertesting. i am starting to see plants in a different light. american indian medicine men and australian aborigines also have interesting views about plants and medicine. and slightly off topic, i just read about a possible plant that exists in madagascar and is carnivorous and big enough to eat a human (which it allegedly does according to the indigenous people there). Cool.... altho disturbing...

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
My walking sticks eat raspberry leafs and don't seem to have menstrual pains...lol

*over to serious mode*

I gotta try that some time. I know a few herbal remedies but hadn't heard of this one yet. I'm gonna try it and get back to you on the results!

join