It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop bashing us skeptics/debunkers and learn to think logically and with reason!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

How dare you generalize everyone like that! I'm a skeptic but you are something else entirely.

Your OP is a classic troll post. You have just pissed of most of the real skeptics here on ATS.

Do you really believe everyone who thinks there may be intelligent life in this Universe other than us believes everything posted here! Pathetic! Not to mention the arrogance of you apparently believing intelligent life is only on one planet in the entire universe because that is what your OP implies. You won't even find a mainstream scientist willing to say that.

Prove their is no intelligent life other than us in the entire Universe and prove we have never been visited. I'll be waiting in the wings to apologize.

By the way, there is a huge difference between a Skeptic and a Troll.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Look at this tread?

The only purpose it has is to fight inwards?

Shouldn´t you all be out there investigating ?

Just my two meatballs...

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Cant mods shut down troll threads like this, if so then why has been allowed to go on this long?

[edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I agree this is a complete troll thread and I now have the opinion that much of Ed's "skepticism" is based on some need for attention based on it.

That said, there is a larger issue worthy of discussion, I just wish it could be hashed out with the mods and leadership of ATS without seeing the thread erased.

I know about 20 members who quit posting here in the past couple of months, all for the exact same reasons. I also took a lengthy break from posting and the central reason is that ATS is supposed to be a forum where people can discuss conspiracies and perhaps do some group research and maybe find out something new or find your own level of belief by getting data you wouldn't otherwise have been exposed to in the mainstream.

There's a place in that process for true skeptics, I'd like to consider myself one but to me that means always being open to more evidence and more sources for that evidence.

We have a great number of posters on ATS who come in with a predetermined opinion, usually based on mainstream sources and unfortunately they aren't interested in exploration of the subject. Quite often they just want to ridicule people, fill threads with repetitive assertions of that mainstream data and even derail topics completely.

There's a line in there somewhere between fostering debate and valid exploration and failing to protect that same environment. I can go to any number of forums on the Internet and be told there are no UFOs, no government conspiracies and so on. I'm adult enough to set my own standards of proof without having to be constantly bombarded by the people who come here to represent that mainstream mentality.

I already know their position on the issue very well, thanks. If I too have that same position on an issue I'll skip any discussions which run counter without any credible evidence for me to look at.

I don't feel compelled to jump in the thread and tell everyone how stupid they are for not seeing things my way. Given they all know that side of the debate well thanks to the mainstream media I wouldn't be adding anything of value to the discussion anyway.

That's basically where most ATS threads end up now. Page after page of people making the same posts over and over again with slightly different terminology. My feeling is that since ATS is an "alternative" forum the right thing to do is to protect that alternative environment. I'm not saying ban all the so called "skeptics" but don't allow them to take over discussions and endlessly insert redundant information into them.

If I want to convince the rest of the World to believe in a conspiracy I'd be out there doing it.

If I want to hear the same mainstream positions on these issues I'll go "out there" and get them. They represent a majority of the information discussion resources, after all.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

How dare you generalize everyone like that! I'm a skeptic but you are something else entirely.

Your OP is a classic troll post. You have just pissed of most of the real skeptics here on ATS.

Do you really believe everyone who thinks there may be intelligent life in this Universe other than us believes everything posted here! Pathetic! Not to mention the arrogance of you apparently believing intelligent life is only on one planet in the entire universe because that is what your OP implies. You won't even find a mainstream scientist willing to say that.

Prove their is no intelligent life other than us in the entire Universe and prove we have never been visited. I'll be waiting in the wings to apologize.

By the way, there is a huge difference between a Skeptic and a Troll.

Exactly. Why do Nasa and SETI and so on bother to develop and deploy missions to look for other life in the Universe, other planets which could support life and the components needed to generate life?

Everyone knows there's no other life out there. Why are they wasting our money???

/sarcasm

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed
If it wasn't for skeptics this planet would have gone to hell in a handbasket!

Wrong.

You "skeptics" think you are the only people in the world with a brain, when really you are just the only ones in the world who are chronically pessimistic and sarcastic, and I for one have never gained a damned thing from it.

Skeptics are skeptical, by definition. They never figure anything out on their own that's original, they just attack other people for entertaining new ideas. The first response to the OP called you out perfectly on how clouded you are by misconceptions. You just think you are better than everyone else, and know better than everyone else, when really you don't know any better than any of the rest of us, and you are just too afraid to entertain new ideas.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

That said, there is a larger issue worthy of discussion, I just wish it could be hashed out with the mods and leadership of ATS without seeing the thread erased.

I would hate to see it erased too, but it seems to be going in circles and i see no end to it any time soon.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
~observation~

the first 6 posts were awarded 83 'stars'...........wow

the whole 1st page was awarded the total of 155 'stars'...OMG !

Of 20 replies & only ONE did not rate a Star, just on page One !

just another skeptic

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
just another skeptic

And what are you skeptical of?

Really, we must ALL be skeptics of SOMETHING. The way you people (self-proclaimed "skeptics") treat the word, it's like you have your own religion or something.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed
Geez, I'm so sick and tired of seeing threads with titles attacking skeptics and debunkers

I haven't seen any threads w/ titles attacking skeptics & debunkers...

Maybe a challenge or two... But, I haven't seen all of the posts, so some statistics please.

as if the people posting such threads were the brightest stars in the sky!

That is an example of an attack.

Believers have a problem with skeptics because skeptics put believers in their place.

Is that your most intelligent conclusion? Skeptics put believers in their place?

An extremely large percentage of ATS members, participating in the Aliens and UFOs forum, are believers

Do you have any statistics to back up your claim? Where is your proof? What is an "extremely large percentage"?

and, trust me, that doesn't say much for them. Yea, they find a lot of company to commiserate with.

More attacks... That is NOT a sign of high intelligence...

If it wasn't for skeptics this planet would have gone to hell in a handbasket!

The planet is in such great shape. Thanks for your help Ed. What would we have done without you. All hail Skeptic Ed.

Look, believers, you are a gullible bunch. You accept whatever comes down the pike and the last thing you do is consider irrefutable evidence.

More attacks...
I think you are a alien here to disrupt our discussions on aliens.

To you, everything is as claimed.

I don't believe any of your claims...

You don't have a curious bone in your body. None of you are scientists. None of you do in-depth research before you come to conclusions.

Of course you have the statistics on what each of ATS members does for a living? You have done all this "in depth" research!? Please share this irrefutable evidence with us. Where is your proof?

To you, a UFO did crash in Roswell. To you, millions of humans have been abducted by aliens. To you, there's a variety of aliens from greys to reptilians to Nordic to... To you, the U.S. Gov't (and other governments) has UFO secrets that are going to be "disclosed" (yeah!). To you, there are "captured" UFOs in Area 51 that are being reversed-engineered. To you, ...

Of course, it goes without saying that this thread if replied to by believers will be bombarded with insults 'cause logic is not their game.

Bombarding people w/ insults... How mature. Do you relate insults w/ logic? If so, as Spock would say. Your logic is flawed.

How about it, skeptics, why don't you vent your frustrations with these don't-show-me-no-irrefutable-evidence-I-don't-need-it, I believe it cause he/she said so!

Calling all skeptics, calling all skeptics... lol

Like I said, provide me with the irrefutable evidence of the facts you claim are true.

Or should I believe you just because you said so?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Believers = Matter
Skeptics = Anti-Matter
Believers + Skeptics = not a good mix

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Skeptics told Columbus the world was flat...

Case closed.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ByteChanger

Eddie providing evidence of any of his claims will never happen. He'll just go tell you to read certain books or give you a lesson on how to use Google. Then he'll go on to attack anyone who uses anything from a book or the internet as evidence because it's hearsay, but when he does it it's perfectly fine and solid evidence. Look through his post history and you'll see how often he's used that type of attack on others.

As for this thread being closed, I don't agree with that. I'd at least love to see little Ed's response to everyone since his last post in here first.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by nightmare_david

Even though people in Columbus' time already knew the Earth was round, he has a point.

For every great mind that has advanced the sciences, from Copernicus, Galileo, Newton, Einstein, Maxwell.... there have been "skeptics" trying to bash the status-quo back into them the whole way.

It's like this eternal group of people is perpetually convinced that they already know everything in their own time, that there is nothing else to learn, and that anyone with a new idea must be nuts.

And the OP says the world would go to hell without you guys.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

And the OP says the world would go to hell without you guys.

I'm not a skeptic like Eddie

I'm a believer, but not a blind believer like Eddie thinks.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I don't come to this forum very often and I have no idea what positions either of you stand for.

What I said still stands though.

Pursuing new information is a lot harder than sitting back and scoffing at it.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Okay,... thinking logically here, why would you put down others just
because they believe a different way than you?
Is it because you are paid to?
Or is it because you just need attention?
Or just have some need to always be right?
You tell me what the reason is. I'm just guessing.
There's really not alot of reasons to explain it.
To deny ignorance? Okay. Who's?
Ever heard of one mans opinion?
Once again, why do you care, they aren't hurting you, are they?

If we want to believe the dinosaurs were around when people were,
who cares. There will always be an abundance of denial!
Why fight it, as someone mentioned maybe we ought to use that energy to find out where all our money's going and how do we stop this financial bleeding for instance!
Now theres a good topic!

In other words, why do you care what anyone even believes?
Were you there when they took that ride on a UFO?
How would you even know what really happens anyway?
The only reason (logically) I can come up with is one already listed above.
There isn't anything in it for you, as far as we know, so why do you care?
Why can't we ALL just ask, what if? If not here, where?

Pretty soon we will have no place to even speculate!
Congratulations skeptics, we will always be at the mercy of the ptb with that attitude!
And forever doomed to never advance off this flat world of yours.
Good job.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
This thread is an Ace when it comes to a "Troll Fast".

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon
Your so called 'skepticism' seems to be just another brand of belief.

Here on ATS it might not be the mainstream view, but outside ATS then that's the mainstream view - that ET's don't exist, and any evidence that they do, or might is simply a fabricated hoax, wishful thinking - or a picture of a weather balloon.

Now I don't believe in ET's - I don't not believe in them either. I don't really feel the need to debunk any and all evidence of them to 'prove myself right', neither do I need to rant against people who don't believe in them.

Belief is a personal choice - and I feel it is always a misplaced notion to believe anything - its simply a convenient way to stop thinking about a subject. Once you KNOW the TRUTH, then you don't have to ask any more questions, or look at any more information.

You task then becomes to convince ALL THOSE OTHER FOOLS about how WRONG they are.

Re: your last sentence, I think that was the OP's intent.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
to the author of this thread. I believe you are just as irrational as you claim conspiracy theorists to be. I believe there is overwhelming disinformation on the Internet and are but I also believe there is some truth out there. You seem to believe what big brother tells you. For the topic of ufos I've personally seen multiple ones. Ghosts I've seen as a kid and an adult.

Win the argument of yours that we theorists don't do research. Maybe you should personally do some research into the biology of the human body then you would realize the reasons why people see spirits and get abducted. I perosnally know someone who has been abducted and I personally know why he did as well. I also know why certain kids and people see spirits.

There is scinetific proof of the soul, ghosts and aliens in the biology of the human body. If you'd like to learn more please u2u me and I'll be glad to enlighten you

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join