It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop bashing us skeptics/debunkers and learn to think logically and with reason!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by madness
"...and learn to think logically and with reason!"

Thats exactly the problem friend... a world of logic and reason, where values feelings and moral code have been replaced for laws and logical conclusions.. and we all know, that logic is good to solve an equation, and not matters of the heart. Hence today's world... not that it could have been any other way, this time round, but just sayin...

don't come preaching to us to use logic n reason.. we know very well what they entail.

Smile always friend.

aLaN

Matters of the heart are meaningless when it comes to accepting something as real or imagined. I've lived a l-o-o-o-n-g 71 years and with each passing day my mind expands and lord knows it's at the bursting point! What do I give credit to? Logic, common sense and reason.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pathos
reply to post by Imagir

You keep pointing to that list, but I'm not sure if you know what is in there. If you go through those videos, there are several that support the skeptic's perspective.

What's worse is the first 3 offerings:
The Disclosure Project
video.google.com...

UFO - The Greatest Story Ever Denied
video.google.com...

SECRET SPACE (Vol-1) Illuminati Conquest of Space
video.google.com...

We all know about the "Disclosure Project" and how it's dead in the water and it never had a motor or oars to begin with.

"UFO - The..." is just pure junk. I told my friend Jose not get involved but he went ahead anyway and the result is just poor.

"SECRET SPACE..." Illuminati? Come on! Shades of David Icke!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I usually see debunkers and skeptics call others ignorant or naive. I rarely see a skeptic that is reasonable they usually just call everyone conspiracy tin foil hat wearers.

So i don't even understand this thread its like a criminal asking why the cops are so mean to them. Debunkers are the aggressors and worse case scenario both sides are the same but to even suggest debunkers are the abused group is perposterous.

I am a skeptic also with some things like bigfoot but i believe other things like 9/11 false flag and Aliens. So to group skeptics as one group also doesn't make sense.

My suggestion i guess is to grow thicker skin.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir

Originally posted by Pathos
reply to post by Imagir

You keep pointing to that list, but I'm not sure if you know what is in there. If you go through those videos, there are several that support the skeptic's perspective.

Of course. I know.
Not all the files are real.
Many are hoaxes, swamp gas, lights aberrations, mass allucinations or other.
But IF ONLY ONE OF THE TONS of that files IS REAL THEN.....

Yeah, but the trick is to know when one finds the "real" file. Going through all of those videos on your list plus the thousands you left out is major torture. At the end, or before the end, one is ready to give up and declare that ALL of them are real!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir
snip
A fliendly advice: delete your Pathologic Skepticism. No offense

[edit on 4-11-2009 by Imagir]

It's time for me to remind you all of the thread's title. I don't see any benefit to your replies. You've sufficiently stated your beliefs. They run counter to what I'm trying to point out.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
I have not read the entire thread so apologies there, but i feel i should say that my views have changed over the years largely because of this site. I used to believe in a lot more than what i do now, maybe i have grown up a bit. I am now a lot more skeptical of what is being presented and sadly of the things from the past that got me hooked on the subjects in the first place. I still dont have any answers and cannot entirely rule some things out, but i can see why they are not likely or even plausible and in some circumstances just not true.

Change can be for the better.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I think if you wish to be a true believer you are also have to be the harshest skeptic. By eliminating everything that is ambiguous, possible faked, non credible, etc you can sift through the remaining credible evidence and come to a firm decision.

It is easy to fall for any piece of evidence, making you jump immediately to believing. But I don't know if that is truly believing because I don't think your 100% convinced at this point yourself.

If you sift through only credible evidence you may (I know I did) find that the evidence is strong enough to fully convince your mind. At this point I think you are a true believer.

However, you have to always be ready to weigh in your conclusions from time to time, make sure all the evidence is still solid, and there's no more to find.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Also, one of my most credible pieces of evidence I have is Gordon Cooper and Edgar Michell's confessions. I wish there was definitely a more convincing photo, I don't think I've ever seen one that 100% convinced me.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by phlie
I think if you wish to be a true believer you are also have to be the harshest skeptic. By eliminating everything that is ambiguous, possible faked, non credible, etc you can sift through the remaining credible evidence and come to a firm decision.

It is easy to fall for any piece of evidence, making you jump immediately to believing. But I don't know if that is truly believing because I don't think your 100% convinced at this point yourself.

If you sift through only credible evidence you may (I know I did) find that the evidence is strong enough to fully convince your mind. At this point I think you are a true believer.

However, you have to always be ready to weigh in your conclusions from time to time, make sure all the evidence is still solid, and there's no more to find.

To wish to be a true believer is the same as saying "Don't bother me with the facts; don't bother me with evidence." Beliefs do not depend on evidence. When you convince yourself it doesn't matter if what you believe has any reality behind it as when it's a belief it's only IN your mind, not out here with the rest of the world.

It is not easy to fall for any piece of evidence. Evidence has to pass muster. It has to satisfy the questioning self. If it fails to do so, the evidence was not irrefutable. Beliefs and evidence are not on the same level. One is mental, one is physical. The mental doesn't matter, the physical does.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join