It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop bashing us skeptics/debunkers and learn to think logically and with reason!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DrainMaster

Give me an alien woman by R. Crumb!

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I actually came to this site thinking I'd be hopping onto the believer bandwagon. I do believe in alien visitation, after all, but just the sightings and cases that are overwhelming with evidence.

Once I got here though, I found myself debunking more than not. Because I do believe things should be approached with common sense, logic and reason.

But then again, there are some skeptics who believe nothing (they firmly do not believe in alien visitation), and they feel it's their job to debunk it, no matter how flimsy the debunking. I do not agree with those folks, who feel the need to just put something here, even if it makes little sense, just for the sake of debunking it. And then there are a few who are do this and are rude about it as well... they know who they are. So it happens both ways, honestly.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
There are skeptics and then there are goverment employees posing as skeptics trying to cause problems with other members.Trying to confuse infomation.Its really very hard to tell who is a goverment employee trouble maker and who is a genuien skeptic who does not believe in aliens and ufos.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed

Originally posted by sphinx551
I laugh at people who think Earth humans are the only ones in the universe and think they know everything.

Have a laugh on me, my treat.

Don't laugh too much Skeptical Ed. Don't laugh too much....

Don't be scared and if you can open your mind to the possibility that Alien life exist. Use your rationality and examine all the scientific data and other tons of indications that confirm the High probability that ALIEN LIFE EXIST.

For your skeptic approach....
www.cnn.com...

And an skeptic interview William Borucki NASA Principal Investigator: "Galaxy is full of Alien Life" on CNN www.disclose.tv...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by GORGANTHIUM
There are skeptics and then there are goverment employees posing as skeptics trying to cause problems with other members.Trying to confuse infomation.Its really very hard to tell who is a goverment employee trouble maker and who is a genuien skeptic who does not believe in aliens and ufos.

Evidence please

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir

I laugh at people who think Earth humans are the only ones in the universe and think they know everything.

Don't be scared and if you can open your mind to the possibility that Alien life exist. Use your rationality and examine all the scientific data and other tons of indications that confirm the High probability that ALIEN LIFE EXIST.

www.cnn.com...

And an skeptic interview William Borucki NASA Principal Investigator: "Galaxy is full of Alien Life" on CNN www.disclose.tv...

I've never met a skeptic that didn't believe that alien life was out there. I would put the probability of ET life extremely close to 1. Everyone I know believes that it must exists, and we all hope they have the means to get here. Unfortunately, there isn't any reliable evidence that they are here, or that they have ever visited.

When I say reliable, I mean repeatable & testable. Not anecdote.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

reply to post by xelamental

Evidently you have not seen not even one of those files.

Your skeptical arrogance is a tremendous offense to human intelligence. You can be classified like a pathological skeptic. Don't be scared,otherwiseYou do not have hope. Sorry.

How about an interview with an alien? A clear video camera? A radio signal with an intelligent pattern? A remnant of a craft? A single biological sample? A spectrographic analysis of the radiation from a craft? A mathematically sound theory about how they could FTL?

When it comes down to it, there is just NO good evidence for them. If aliens were really here, they wouldn't be collaborating with the us govt. They would see through that in an instant. My colleagues who work at nasa would tell me if they knew of anything *they don't*....

There's just no reason to believe without having something concrete. By your judgement, that recent site with the dreaming man would be real, not just a cheap NLP trick.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
"...and learn to think logically and with reason!"

Thats exactly the problem friend... a world of logic and reason, where values feelings and moral code have been replaced for laws and logical conclusions.. and we all know, that logic is good to solve an equation, and not matters of the heart. Hence today's world... not that it could have been any other way, this time round, but just sayin...

don't come preaching to us to use logic n reason.. we know very well what they entail.

Smile always friend.

aLaN

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

There are tons of that scientific data.
Don't you know?
May be your collegues at Nasa are the gardeners of that strange space agency and they can't tell you nothing because they are out of the DOOR.

Please, again, take a look at this thread before tell inconsistents skeptics arguments. And don't be scared. All free and nothing to loose! www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

You keep pointing to that list, but I'm not sure if you know what is in there. If you go through those videos, there are several that support the skeptic's perspective.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pathos
reply to post by Imagir

You keep pointing to that list, but I'm not sure if you know what is in there. If you go through those videos, there are several that support the skeptic's perspective.

Of course. I know.
Not all the files are real.
Many are hoaxes, swamp gas, lights aberrations, mass allucinations or other.
But IF ONLY ONE OF THE TONS of that files IS REAL THEN.....

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pathos
reply to post by Imagir

Of course. I know.
Not all the files are real.
Many are hoaxes, swamp gas, lights aberrations, mass allucinations or other.
But IF ONLY ONE OF THE TONS of that files IS REAL THEN.....

Your logic astounds me. I could create a whole lot of real-looking stuff about reptillians too, or ancient astronauts, or pyramids, or atlantis, or .....

Put it this way. If heaps of people say "anorexia is actually good for you", even if some of them were just joking, would you use the same logic? That even if one of these anecdotes is real, then OMG! Would you then recommend it to your daughter?

Why would you believe something just because some people say so?

I might start up a "we can fly if we truly believe website" to get rid of morons.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Your illogic arguments astounds me...

Yes, i think so, because "some people say so" as:
UK Minister of Defense;
France MOD;
Belgium MOD;
Russian Navy;
Sweden MOD;
Italian Air Force;
Brazilian Air Force;
Equador Fuerza Aerea;
United Nations "UFO PHENOMENA Office";
NATO Chief Commanders;
Astronauts;
Many High ranking Officers af Army/Air Force/Navy worl-wide.
Radar traks; Radiations evidences; Aircraft Pilots; Navy admirals;
And many, many other "crazy people"...

A fliendly advice: delete your Pathologic Skepticism. No offense

[edit on 4-11-2009 by Imagir]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Your illogic arguments astounds me...

Yes, i think so, because "some people say so" as:
UK Minister of Defense;
France MOD;
Belgium MOD;
Russian Navy;
Sweden MOD;
Italian Air Force;
Brazilian Air Force;
Equador Fuerza Aerea;
United Nations "UFO PHENOMENA Office";
NATO Chief Commanders;
Astronauts;
Many High ranking Officers af Army/Air Force/Navy worl-wide.
Radar traks; Radiations evidences; Aircraft Pilots; Navy admirals;
And many, many other "crazy people"...

A fliendly advice: delete your Pathologic Skepticism. No offense

[edit on 4-11-2009 by Imagir]

No one is claiming that there aren't things we can't explain - that's what drives science! We simply claim that there is no evidence that the unexplained is evidence FOR aliens.

To claim that an unexplained phenomena is evidence for your pet belief is truly illogical.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I have not read the entire thread so apologies there, but i feel i should say that my views have changed over the years largely because of this site. I used to believe in a lot more than what i do now, maybe i have grown up a bit. I am now a lot more skeptical of what is being presented and sadly of the things from the past that got me hooked on the subjects in the first place. I still dont have any answers and cannot entirely rule some things out, but i can see why they are not likely or even plausible and in some circumstances just not true.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

YOU LIE, xelamental. YOU LIE, and You know you are lieing....

Or You are a Pathological Skeptic.

Or you ignore the evidences.

Or you are scared.

Or you are "someone else" than a skeptic.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Hmm one minute youre crying about skeptics getting bashed then the next minute youre posting fuzzy pics of something in the sky or on deer trails asking for thoughts.And if someone have the nerve to "debunk" your pics you cry about that.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

Dude alot of skeptics and believers just argue back and fourth like this and it ruins credibilty towards the UFO subject.Both skeptics and believers of this must all use common sense.I see alot of people jumping to conclusions who believe and alot of skeptics just screaming hoax or just simply laughing everything off or insulting people who actualy show credible UFO cases and in some cases evidence that anyone would look at and agree this phenomenon is real.There are credible UFO researchers out there,I myself look at credibilty and have become very interested in this subject because I seen an amazing UFO event.Everytime I talk to some skeptics about it they write me off as a kook or drug addict or some insult and are rather dumb and ignorant and they are totaly clueless about how much credible evidence there actualy is of this being something other than just government and military top secret projects.There is no doubt certain departments of governments clearly lie about what people see or have seen.How much does the government realy know about UFOs and the possibilty of them being aliens or some sort of extra-terrestrials themselves?I don't know?I'm willing to bet anyone they pay attention to this and have secret discussions about.Military and commercial airline pilots and all kinds of credible people see UFO's which are always written off by mainly the U.S. government as the most ridiculous excuses and absurd explanations.Once you see a real good UFO event like I myself have had,you realize this stuff makes no sense for all of it to be government secret military or top secret technology.They have to see it themselves and know something about it.UFO's often invade illegal airspace,that is a total violation of National Security.No way in the world governments would not know about them.United States has to have some kind of knowledge of what they are or might be or possibly contact with them.However I am pretty skeptical that the U.S.met with aliens and have them in their underground bases,no evidence of this at all and comes from alot of looney conspiracy nonsense.Maybe we will find out and they will eventually be more open to the public about it.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GORGANTHIUM

You need to step back and look at the whole picture. I doubt very much if there is even one government employee posting on here let alone posing as a skeptic. If you can't tell the difference between one of those if they existed and were posting on this forum and a jenoowine skeptic, you need to do some studying of pro and con arguments re: UFOs and aliens.

For your info and to get you started, skeptic does not mean just one kind of person. There are many varieties of skeptics, mainly open-minded and close-minded. An example of a close-minded skeptic to beat all is Robert Sheaffer. Nothing convinces him of the reality of UFOs.

An example of an open/closed-minded skeptic would be myself who accepts the reality of UFOs but denies the reality of aliens because there is enough circumstancial evidence for UFOs but zero for the reality of aliens. Hearsay doesn't count as evidence and that is all that exists for aliens.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

www.cnn.com...

Your words betray you. First, though, my mind is very open to possibilities when common sense and logic dictate that something is possible because there is enough of something, can't say irrefutable evidence for this one, to make one think possibly. There is no evidence, I repeat, no evidence that aliens exist. Now, there are UFOs and, who knows, there may be aliens inside them. But they haven't shown themselves yet, to my knowledge. And you know by now that I don't accept hearsay.

There is no scientific data, again to my knowledge, to verify the existence of aliens or beings not from planet earth. And probability is just that, probability. You cannot confirm probability. It either is or it ain't.

Nothing any human can say, regardless of academic position, can convince me of something for which they cannot produce evidence for. I'm not a believer. I don't deal with odds, as Drake and others engage in. Hoping and wishing don't make it so.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join