It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hacker's extradition put on hold

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Gary McKinnon's extradition has been put on hold ,sigh of relief from Gary I would have to say.

He had 14 days to appeal to the European Court, but the Home Office has agreed to consider new evidence and has put that 14-day deadline on hold.

Karen Todner, Mr McKinnon's lawyer, said she hoped Home Secretary Alan Johnson would "show some compassion to someone who is extremely vulnerable".

It does not matter if it takes some time to consider it, as long as they give it proper consideration
Karen Todner

Ms Todner said: "We appreciate the home secretary may feel otherwise, but very eminent lawyers have given the advice that he does have the power to intervene, in fact we would say he has a duty to intervene.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

news.bbc.co.uk...

In 2006, a Freedom of Information Act request was filed to NASA for all documents pertaining to Gary McKinnon. NASA's documents consisted of printed news articles from the Slashdot website, but no other related documents. This is consistent with NASA employees browsing internet articles about Gary McKinnon, the records of which are public domain.

The records have been uploaded to the internet for review, and can be downloaded from theblackvault.com

www.theblackvault.com...

more information Gary can be found here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Gary is an interview with Kerry from project camelot

Thanks

Ocker

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Mr McKinnon's mother Janis Sharp has described the 43-yearold as 'broken and suicidal' and experts have warned he could take his own life if extradited.

She said yesterday: 'I am extremely pleased Alan Johnson is doing this. I am sure that when he sees such strong evidence he will realise he should intervene and stop the extradition.

'Even at this late stage I hope when confronted with such compelling-evidence he will show the compassion that the people of this country are longing to see. Gary is pleased and relieved. It is the best news he has received for a long time and it gives him some hope.'

freegary.org.uk...

Thanks

Ocker

[edit on 17/10/2009 by ocker]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ocker

Thanks Ocker! I'm always interested in hearing McKinnon updates. I'm puzzled as to what information NASA may have that is so sensitive... I mean.. they tell us everything don't they? Ahem!

NASA should be thankful that Gary showed them holes in their security for free. Every year Corporations, Governments and the Military employ the services of hackers for reasons of security and espionage... and at a premium rate. They should be happy it cost them nothing. At the end of the day... the people that should be hung, drawn and quartered were the IT guys that set up their vulnerable network.

If he was able to get in by simply brute forcing the login, then shame on NASA!

IRM

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ocker

i havnt heard anything about this and dont have time to watch that vid for a few days so one question: what was his reason/what exactly was he hoping to find by hacking into their system?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by chrisd250

Hi chris
he found secret files on Ufos

Ocker

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
SEE Signing official Downing Street petitions can work/help.

I received MY official response from this subject saying they were now reconsidering their position on the extradition. WELL Done Active Govt Badgerers I Say.

P

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by PYak1234

yes lets hope common sense pro vales.

the thought of doing 60 years in jail is unjust.

thanks

[edit on 18/10/2009 by ocker]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisd250

He supposedly found ufo files. I highly doudt it. He was actually just messing around with government computers for the fun of it and to be a "rebel" its obvious by the messages he left on their computers. Something corny like "I will continue to attack the highest levels of government... I am solo" lol.

If he really found these files why no proof of it? He claims he couldnt download anything because of a slow connection but most likely the files were just text files, he could have simply copied and pasted them or taken a screenshot. He didnt have to download anything.

Everything gary says is bunk.

And yes sixty years is rediculous but I GUARANTEE he will not get sixty years. Maybe 3 or 4 at the most. Thats nothing, no big deal, just man up and deal with it.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

top topics

join