It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i miss my dog so much. it's got me so depressed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
i got divorced about 1.5 years ago and my wife kept my dog. well through various resources i found out that she got rid of him and i am mega bummed. i'm not dealing with it too well.

i'm gonna sit here and drink a bunch of wine and go through my pics of him and put together a scrapbook.

how do you stop grieving for a lost pet?
i miss him so much

[edit on 17-10-2009 by thing fish]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The best way I know is to go and get yourself a brand new puppy. Heck you might even get one you like better than your old one.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Voyager1

i can never see myself liking another dog more than this guy. i will have another dog one day but it will never replace my buddy here

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Im sorry but she is
evil! That is so sad. I'm sorry you lost your cute doggie. Do you know who she gave him to? Maybe you could get him back. I do know how you feel, I lost my cat last year and she always made me so happy when I got home. She entertained me many times when I was down and lately it would be really nice if she was here trying to sit on my laptop as I type
I miss that... When you are ready I would say get a new dog. You will never love your another dog like the one you had. I look at like people or bf's and gf's you never love each one the same its always in a different way and for different reasons. I wish you the best
Oh and btw what's his name? He is adorable.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I feel for you, I too have lost my beloved bestfriend in a doggiesuit recently, and it is never easy. The unconditional love and sometimes rarely a soul connection with that special one opens the heart.

Sounds like your little friend was just that kind of connection.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

his name is keller
i have no idea who has him now i just know she got rid of him

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by thing fish

Well there you, call her go there whatever is right and explain how you feel and find out who has Keller.

Do all you can so that if in the end you have to let go, you can do with knowing you did all you could. You never know maybe the people would give him back after they find out about your story.

I wish you and Keller the best.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
thanks antar

i just want my best friend back you know

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by thing fish
i can never see myself liking another dog more than this guy. i will have another dog one day but it will never replace my buddy here

I agree that you can never replace him, but the shelter is chalk full of needy abandoned dogs (especially in this economy) that would gladly fill your house with joy.

I don't think you should ever attempt to replace him. That would violate his memory. Just remember him well and give another dog a chance. I suspect that it will bring you more joy than you think.

I'm sorry that the dog went to the wrong person in the divorce. I hope your pup did go to a good home.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Clearly you Ex was just being vindictive taking your dog because she knew you loved/wanted him.

To add insult to injury, she then gave him away, and I am sure she did not contact you to see if you wanted him.

She is pure evil.

Lastly, I am very sorry for your loss of a loved one.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
can't you call her and ask where he is? Or call one of her friends? Her parents?
Did he have a chip?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
You have nothing but my deepest sympathy. Believe me, like so many others here on this thread, I can truly empathize. I've had many pets -- dogs and cats -- that have meant the world to me. But like your "Keller", I've had a special dog, "Tara" that will also hold a place that will remain dear to my heart.

The first time I laid eyes on Tara was when my wife (at that time) brought her home from work. Carol was the "Kennel-Master" at the local Humane Society and Tara was a special case. Tara had been badly burned on her side. Someone had poured hot oil on her. It may have been an accident but instead of taking her to a vet, the owner had simply locked the injured animal into the garage. Three days of incessant barking and howling caused the neighbors to alert the Humane Society. I don't know what sort of fine the owners received but I was certain that it was not enough. Needless to say, the dog was removed from their home.

Anyway, the dog was treated for the burn. It was quite large....a lightning bolt shaped scar about the size of a couple of paperback books laid end to end. Considering that this dog was a golden retriever + terrier cross, it was a considerable burn. Fortunately, it was healing well physically but emotionally it was, well, insane! It was going to be put down if it could not be socialized. It responded well enough to my wife and the other care-givers at the shelter but it literally went berserk at the sight of a man.

At the time, I was home on long-term disability from work due to an injury so
my ex thought that since I was "good with animals it was a perfect opportunity for me to give it a try. Well, I tried and I tried. You name it....I tried it and by the end of the week I was no further ahead than when I had started. Tn fact, the dog probably hated me even more. Of course, the fact that I had to clean the wound three times a day didn't help matters either. It probably hurt her considerably. Nevertheless, things didn't look for Tara and, regrettably, it seemed that she was going to be put down after the weekend.

Saturday nights I love watching Hockey Night in Canada.....typically I order a pizza, sit back with a couple of beers and watch Toronto Maple Leafs lose to whoever they happen to be playing. It's great entertainment for a Red Wings fan. This night, Tara seemed to be rather quiet....she was showing a great deal of interest in the pizza. Normally, through the week, whenever I looked over at her, she would growl, tonight she looked at me and her tail wagged. You didn't have to nudge me to give the cue. This was my "in". By the second period, the dog was on the couch with me eating pepperoni and gnawing on pizza crusts. After that.....she was "my" dog for twelve years.

Tara and I were inseparable. She went everywhere with me. Her favorite thing was going for car rides. I'd be driving, of course....her job would be to navigate...which she did from the passenger seat....her head out the window...mouth open...tongue hanging out...ears flying. She was my best
buddy. There's nothing like the friendship of a dog. They say that a dog is a man's best friend. Truer words were probably never spoken.

[edit on 10/18/2009 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
why did your wife kept the dog? man that sucks brother ): didnt you try bribing her to keep the tv or something else? why would she want to keep the dog so she can get rid of it. is she evil or something I:? i feel you i loved all my animals too,why dont u get back at her..sounds a little childish..but its your dog,,,and she acted childish

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by benevolent tyrant

Wow BT, that story brought tears to my eyes.

Am I to assume your dog lived to a happy old age and died in your care? I'm hoping you were the last thing she saw so she could go in peace.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Morbo the Annihilator

Yeah Morbo, one August morning, three years ago, I woke up to find Tara unable to move. She just lay in her bed looking at me. She had a stroke. I tearfully knew what had to be done. Like an automaton, I called my vet and told her what had happened. I then gently loaded Tara into the car and we went for our last ride together. She went to "sleep" in my arms.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by benevolent tyrant

That's sort of happy and sad all at the same time.

My (favorite - does that make me a bad person?) dog is only 5 right now, but I actually mourn her sometimes already. I honestly dread the day I have to make the decision to put her down as well. She's my everything. Like, I "get " her. Our other dog, who is my hubby's dog mostly is a really good dog, but most of the time I have no idea what she's thinking. My dog I "get". I know what she wants, I know what she needs, I know what her looks mean. I don't ever have a moment where I don't understand her.

I know that if I were more "sensitive" or "mentally enlightened" I'd be able to actually speak to her mentally, but she gets me, too. I know she understands what I'm saying, like, 90% of the time. Like if she's blocking the hallway, I can just quietly say, "Ging, move" and she'll move a foot to the side. Not run away, but just give me room to get by. She's always good at responding to my "huh-uhs" when she's doing something she's not supposed to. I haven't said the word "no" to her in YEARS - I haven't had to.

I will miss her with all of my heart when she goes and I worship her for being my best friend on an hourly basis.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
thanks for all your replies all.

here is the deal. it was even put in the divorce papers that i would get the dog. i moved in with my parents and i couldn't take him with me here cause they already have 3.
my ex and i talked and she said she would keep him. at that point i knew i would not be getting him back but at least i knew he was going to be with her cause at the time i thought she loved him as much as me. i rested a little easy knowing he had a good home.
now all this time later i found out she just adopted him out to someone my mind won't stop wandering. i keep thinking that he is getting mistreated you know.

all i want is my dog back. i would give anything to have him.

the ex still has a couple of my guitars and my amp but i don't even care about that stuff.

just my poor keller

[edit on 18-10-2009 by thing fish]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Man - I know where you are coming from. I still have dreams about my old dog, who had to be put down over 10 years ago. People without pets don't understand how traumatc it can be.

Can you track down the new owner and maybe offer to buy it back? I know its ridiculous having to pay money for your own dog, but it'd totally be worth it.

Sorry I don't have anything more helpful to say, other than that I understand how you feel.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Our pets become family.

I've been in your position before, but I have no advice.
The past will always escape us, and the best we can do is look forward.

Peace Be Upon You

anx.........

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Just checking back in with you, I know it is still so hard, but have you found out anything?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join