It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA photos show moon strike created plume

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

NASA photos show moon strike created plume

www.google.com

New images show a mile-high plume of lunar debris from the Cabeus crater shortly after the space agency's Centaur rocket struck Oct. 9.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
So the story changes...or did they just need time to Photoshop the pictures? Follow the link at the bottom of the source for the tiny image of the so called "plume" they speak of...It really seems as if they are only now releasing this because they needed time to Photoshop they images to make it look like they actually did something up there not just fake it or lie to us again.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-10-2009 by LifENcircleS]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Well it did take them a whole week to release the photos.

Man I hate not being able to trust my government institutions. It's funny that they are the reason we are here today.

If only they weren't as sketchy they would not have this silly truth movement to deal with

~keeper

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
www.nasa.gov...
LOL, that could be anything. 6-8 km in diameter?

They could atleast have some of their big-ass 2000mpixel cameras directed at it...

[edit on 17-10-2009 by euleberlin]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
So why is it that everything around it is white out? With all the technology that we have as individuals you would think the government would have better right? With that said why didn't they ask to borrow my amazing digital camera from a little known company Olympus and stick it on a telescope in someone's back yard that they made on their own so they could have given us a better photo?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Maybe because of this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
?
They maxed out the contrast, that´s how it looks at least. And shouldn´t there be more pics? I mean c´mon, Hubble was watching this!

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Yeah, I saw this reported on another news site the other day and thought the same thing, ie. "It took a week to 'find' the debris plume?'....whatever.

Funny part is they actually believe the 'masses' think the BS camera feeds they show us are 'the best' they have and can do. Which is not really any better than the 'original' feeds from the 60's. Riiiiiiiiiight.

With the 'publicized' technology at our disposal now days, there is no reason whatsoever that NASA, (Nearly All Stupid Arses), can't show us HD Full Color images in extreme detail showing every rock, tree, and Alien Baby Grinning out the portal of their protective domes directly to our HDTVs.

EPIC FAIL!

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I'm not one to complain too often but will NASA ever do anything other than fob off the people (us) who actually pay for their toys with more of their crap!

From this day on I shall name the - Never Actually Shown Anything

I cannot believe it has taken a week to put together a jeremy beadle sized handful of pictures which would look outdated in 1940!

Was none of the $79 million budget spent on cameras to fully capture this event?

I'm truly lost for words...unbelievable...am I dreaming...is this a very late or early April Fools?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Honestly... were you guys expecting anything more from NASA? I certainly wasn't. This is the kind of crap I expected when it all went pear shaped a week ago.

IRM

[edit on 17/10/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Honestly... were you guys expecting anything more from NASA? I certainly wasn't. This is the kind of crap I expected when it all went pair shaped a week ago.

IRM

Absolutely have to agree with you there InfaRedMan, NASA has a long history of these types of cover-ups, this is nothing new.

The simple fact is, NASA asked many people to watch this; they did. They saw absolutely nothing.

So how is NASA seeing something that no other astronomer in the world saw?

They didn't.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
How exciting. NOT. Not even an interesting shot. I expected to see much more than this, even if the Lcross only had moments to take pictures before crashing itself!

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by euleberlin
www.nasa.gov...
LOL, that could be anything. 6-8 km in diameter?

They could atleast have some of their big-ass 2000mpixel cameras directed at it...

Ok, who's going to pay for that? You?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

I hope you are joking? Dude let me just tell you, I have seen amateur photos from someones backyard telescope with a digital camera that AT LEAST rival the photos from the sattelite SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED TO MAP OUT THE MOON, called clementine. Do you think this is normal? Photos taken by amateurs, FROM EARTH, are not much worse than NASA´S, FROM A MOON ORBITING SATTELITE? Can you see the distance difference there? So we should accept that maybe nasa equiped clementine with a worst camera than the one used by those amateurs?

ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FREAKING MIND? This is complete and utter bull# they are feeding us, no other word for it!

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Lol, NASA at it again.... changing their story.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Rikhart

I hope you're joking. Show me even one of those amateur photos. With scale thank you.
People don't seem to understand the magnitudes involved in here, they expect to have high resolution shots of every grain of dust.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Sure, go ahead and check the third and fourth pictures @

thelivingmoon.com...

I hope you realise this proves nasas images are complete and utter BS.
The average earth to moon distance is 384,403 kilometres.

The clementine sattelite was orbiting at 1250 kms.

Now come back to me, and tell me thats the best they can do. WAKE UP!

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
reply to post by Rikhart

I hope you're joking. Show me even one of those amateur photos. With scale thank you.
People don't seem to understand the magnitudes involved in here, they expect to have high resolution shots of every grain of dust.

OK, PsykoOps, here ya go: ncarboni2.home.att.net...

This guy took this photo with a Canon EOS-20D (unmodified), connected to his Meade LX200 GPS UHTC 10" Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope via his 2x Televue Powermate (a focal length doubler, similar to a teleconverter, which also serves to mate his camera to the 2" telescope eyepiece tube). Effective focal length was 5000mm f/20.

Now look at that photo and tell me why, if he can shoot that HI RES from the earth, with a digital camera and a telescope, why the crap can NASA not out do him when they have a $18.686 billion dollar budget this year alone!!?? And are approx. 237,000 miles closer to the dang thing!

Copy of NASA's FY2010 Budget release can be found here:
www.nasa.gov...

If you want to review their budgets for the last 5 yrs or go you can also go here: www.nasa.gov...

Tons and Tons of Mission Statements, Budget outlines and Mission details all for the wonderful sheeple to read. (Which I'm sure you won't).

Before you bash, me or another ATS member for KNOWING we're being lied to, or stating that our expectations of an approx. 20 billion dollar a year agency, THAT OUR TAXES PAY FOR by the way, were unrealistic, lets spend a few moments and check our facts, shall we?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Rikhart

First of all do you have scale for those photos? That crater is 40km wide. That's not even close to what you can call 'rival' to the probe photos.

reply to post by RecentlyAwaken

And that is even further off. It's not even close Hi Res like you claim. Moons diameter is 3475 km and now try and spot a plum that is 6-8km wide from that?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Its not a rival in terms of quality and detail?

Let me ask you this then, can you make out more detail on the nasa picture? And im talking 400.000 kms + one planet´s atmosphere worth of difference. If you can, great, they are virtually identical in my eyes.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
reply to post by Rikhart

First of all do you have scale for those photos? That crater is 40km wide. That's not even close to what you can call 'rival' to the probe photos.

reply to post by RecentlyAwaken

And that is even further off. It's not even close Hi Res like you claim. Moons diameter is 3475 km and now try and spot a plum that is 6-8km wide from that?

PsykoOps...You are missing the entire point! The fact is if that pic I linked is that HI RES from this distance, why are the ones from NASA that HI RES when their equipment is in freakin orbit around the Moon????? That's the point!!!

But, it's always easier to make excuses I guess. Not surprised really.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join