It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man finds anti-tank rocket/ San Antonio TX

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Well the story starts off with...

SAN ANTONIO — A man who found a green metallic tube while cutting trees on his Comal County property thought it had a military look, like a rocket launcher.

He was right.

He was wrong to pick it up, take it home and display it on his dining room table.

A decal on the equipment discovered by Jarrette Schule said: “Guided Missile and Launcher, Surface Attack.”

“I had never seen it before,” said Schule, 34. “I looked at it, and it kind of looked like a missile launcher.”

But then it gets freakin crazy...

Schule did not want to leave the launcher on his vacant property, so he loaded it in his truck and took it to his house.

The San Antonio Express-News reported that he spent Tuesday afternoon calling the FBI, Homeland Security and other agencies.

“Everyone was handing it off to everybody else,” he said.

Schule called military police at Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio, who passed his information to an Army criminal investigator. The special agent visited him Wednesday morning.

“She said this is the first time she ever encountered anything like this,” Schule said. “I got the impression it was kind of a big deal. Doesn’t happen every day, I guess.”

So the DHS and the FBI don't seem to be all that interested when someone finds an Anti-tank missile on his prop/// go figure...

MarineTimes

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Yes, and they get all bent out of shape when they find my Cuticle Scissors in my carry on luggage!

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Ya but think of all the damage you can do with those Cuticle Scissors...
Besides I've been through those airport gates too and no where on their list does it say "No Anti-Tank Rockets"

there's more to this /// last year someone threw a hand grenade into a bar down in TX... now they find this????

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
reply to post by Violater1

Ya but think of all the damage you can do with those Cuticle Scissors...
Besides I've been through those airport gates too and no where on their list does it say "No Anti-Tank Rockets"

Good Point! It does not say anything about Anti-Tank Rockets there...Did anyone else get the random thought "I want to find an anti-tank rocket." after reading that or was it just me?

LifENcircleS

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Once you see one of those go off I think they would be very interested.

Very powerful and dangerous, and a great 4th of July grand finale for sure.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LifENcircleS

Im with ya on that thought...

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Yes, it is not an ordinary item to find, but he did not find an anti-tank missile, he found the launcher for an anti-tank missile.

Texas man to feds: Take my missile launcher, please

And I don't think you can go down to your local Walmart or gun store or army/navy store and pick up rounds for it.

Sorry to burst your bubble, folks.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
You can get used stuff like this at any good gun show. Its just a curiosity. It was stated before, "where you gonna get ammo for this". Hell, you cant hardly get ammo for an m16 or m9 anymore?

I'd of kept it. Should fetch around 75 to 100 bucks for this Medium Armour Weapon (MAW). This replaced the LAW rockets.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius
Hell, you cant hardly get ammo for an m16 or m9 anymore?

Not true.... it's very easy to get and cheaper than dirt... I just ordered another case
Cheaper Than Dirt

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Any Dragon surface-to-surface missiles in there?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Naw, for those you have to make a trip down to Ciudad Juárez, Mexico... there you can buy anything... gun drugs women... of course getting out alive might be a problem... Ciudad Juárez now has over 250 murders per month ya know

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Any by surface-to-surface missiles? That would be quite a hit!

top topics

join