It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy of human intelligence.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

No, what needs to happen is people stop misusing scientific terminology in ways that the science doesn't even describe. Look, I'm just fed up with seeing something wrong by some moron who thinks he's more right than a thousand more intelligent people, letting them know why they're wrong and having me called the idiot. Those people need to seriously smell the roses here. Sorry if it upsets you folks that I find it annoying no one can properly read and learn and think they can just use whatever terminology in whatever way they so damn well please.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

So again, your whole argument is since no "scientist" has said these things can exist or don't exist, they therefore don't?

And I don't appreciate being called a tool, if you can keep the personal attacks out of this perhaps people will actually attempt to understand where you are coming from.

At no point did I tell you that you were an idiot or a tool or anything remotely attacking your character. I have refrained from doing so out of RESPECT.

In any case, you give you no reasons other than, " I don't agree, cause mainstream science tells me not to." That's not a good enough reason to deny anything.

And yes I am actually very knowledgable on Quantum Theory which show that our minds have a DIRECT influence on how particles behave around us. If you don't believe me, then you may watch "What The Bleep Do We Know" and it will kindly fill you in.

You may also read up on their website.

In any case I am not here to argue, I am here to tell you that your perception of things is far from being "Open" to other schools of thought.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Listen cupcake, you *ARE* wrong! You don't seem to know that no matter how many dimensions there are in the universe, we all exist in them accordingly to the laws of physics. You simply do not just move about them like your going from frigging six flags then to Disneyland. I mean come on!

You want to prove me wrong, give me the damn definition of dimension your using.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

So again, your whole argument is since no "scientist" has said these things can exist or don't exist, they therefore don't?

How is misusing a scientific theory or terminology validating what these people are saying.... PLEASE. OH PLEASE, show me the logic almighty knowing one!

In any case, you give you no reasons other than, " I don't agree, cause mainstream science tells me not to." That's not a good enough reason to deny anything.

Wrong, the reasons I give is that you can't legitimately use terminology and theories to lay claim for a mystical universe.

And yes I am actually very knowledgable on Quantum Theory which show that our minds have a DIRECT influence on how particles behave around us. If you don't believe me, then you may watch "What The Bleep Do We Know" and it will kindly fill you in.

I have watched it and I have seen what the scientists quoted in that movie actually meant. Apparently I'm assuming you have not if your actually going to mention it as if it's gospel. Look into the claims my friend, that whole movie was a sensationalist lie. You can't legitimately edit out important explanations and lay claim to a magical universe.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex
reply to post by Lichter daraus

The problem I'm having is the misuse of science to show a magical universe. People talking about energy as if it is something separate from matter, or talking about entering a higher dimension as if we don't already exist within it. Crap like that. If science does find something like a soul or a heaven and hell or another plane of existence, then fine... they were right about those things.

I mean, can't they bother looking in at least a dictionary?

I think when people speak of a higher dimension they mean out the dimensions of which we can see or live in. Your right we exist in our dimension, but scientists say all the time that there may be millions of other dimensions everywhere, ones so small or to big to see. Like a fish in a lake lives with in its dimension with out knowing of ours, in a fishes dimension they have no concept of backwards. If you could show a fish how to swim backwards that would be magical to them i would think.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
just finished reading everyones comments, and I have to say the OP does not care what peoples comments are.

OP is just spewing FOX hatred of others, calling people names and stuff. You know, real mature reality based comments. Basically stuff we dont want here.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

@liveandlearn What the hell do you mean by 'open to it'?

It means you are closed in a box, limited, by your understanding of science at the current moment. You can not look beyond.

The 'magic as you call it' of the universe did not open to me until I accepted that I didn't know anything really and all things are possible.

When you really accept that you know nothing and are open to 'seeing' you experience a different world.

It defies logic and reason based on any science we know.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I have watched it and I have seen what the scientists quoted in that movie actually meant. Apparently I'm assuming you have not if your actually going to mention it as if it's gospel. Look into the claims my friend, that whole movie was a sensationalist lie. You can't legitimately edit out important explanations and lay claim to a magical universe.

I am gonna have to ask for a source for your claims that the movie was a lie.

Humor me please.

And as for the rest of it, again you are implying that science we have today is gospel, when it fact it's just educated assumptions based on our very limited view of reality.

~Keeper

[edit on 10/17/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

reply to post by tgidkp

You don't seem to know that no matter how many dimensions there are in the universe, we all exist in them accordingly to the laws of physics. You simply do not just move about them like your going from frigging six flags then to Disneyland.

yes, i agree. i have not made any assertion to the contrary on my other thread.

the problem you seem to be suffering from is that of biasing your opinion of a particular thread (mine) or subset of folks (crackpots) before youve even heard their argument through. THEN, you begin to overlay your own assumptions about it...getting all flusterbated in the process.

my advice: slow down.

i agree that misuse of the terminology muddies the waters significantly, and makes the subject matter more difficult to understand (this includes anyone that thinks "what the bleep..." is a valid souce of research on QM). but i find it odd that you cannot identify when someone (me) has come around making an attempt at clarifying these muddy waters.

and *whether or not* people use the accepted language, they are still entitled to their own perspective. let us not shut these people down. let us build them up! the more ideas, the better off we will be.

do NOT call me cupcake again. i will have this thread shut down if you cant talk nice-like.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

reply to post by tgidkp

Listen cupcake, you *ARE* wrong! You don't seem to know that no matter how many dimensions there are in the universe, we all exist in them accordingly to the laws of physics. You simply do not just move about them like your going from frigging six flags then to Disneyland. I mean come on!

You want to prove me wrong, give me the damn definition of dimension
your using.

Really stop with the insaults, she told you how it made her feel now your just being a dick about it.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I've seen many such threads recently, it's slowly starting to become something of a rule

First of all - scientists don't know everything. And we have many theories, and some of those are not cohierent with others - but still - they work to some extent.

Matter does not exist apart from energy. If something *is*, then energy is, and matter is a post product of energy, not the other way around.

So the universe, the stars, our bodies are a product of energy and something that holds that energy together. Energy is not a product of matter being moved around. You're talking about kinetic energy, something that gives you energy back after hitting something, after putting that energy into moving that thing in the first placee.

As current science tells us matter is energy in movement. Like a photon which has mass only when in movement.

So - yes, they probably are sparate to such extent, as matter being slave to energy.

That being said - O find your post an unimportant rant, directed at destroying free thinking. I may not find everything here fascinating nor acurate, but I have been proven wrong during my lifetime many times. So had been the scientists.

"There is no likelihood that man can ever tap the power of the atom"
- Robert Millikan, Nobel Prize physicist, 1923.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
@liveandlearn

Ah, well by that definition I would say I am open to possibilities, but what I don't like is misusing terminology or theories in order to postulate those possibilities.

How that is a closed mind is way beyond me, the logic there just eludes me.

@tothetenthpower

Sure... no problem, I'll do all the edumacation and learning for you. Why tire your fingers looking it up for yourself!

Just *one* link, want more do your own work.

@tgidkp

Sorry, I took a closer look at what you were saying and I misunderstood. I also edited my last post with another apology.

@krzyspmac

Really? Everything I've read says otherwise.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Well then, I had never been introduced to that piece of information....

It does not discredit the Particle Test they did however with the board, which was the example I was using.

The rest of it, is dismal I will give you that.

And again with the disrespect in your posts? Is there any way around this or are you just lonely on your pedestal?

Thanks for giving me some actual info to look into.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by maya27
reply to post by sirnex

Why don't you watch this.
current.com...

Enjoy. Life is amazing.

Don't know if link will work. Google TED "Neuroscientist has stroke finds nirvana".

Thanks for the reply!
As someone else posted here you really are not interested in what anyone has to say. You are just looking to rant and put people down with your pseudo superiority. Hope that agression isn't seeping through and affecting family life.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

You do a whole lot of ranting, but present no science yourself...you are being the opposite extreme of what you hate oddly enough. Oh yeah, about energy and dimensions. As much pseudo-science is out there, it would be foolish to neglect the human imagination. Also, you're perception and use of the word magic will, by default, disqualify anything understood. It is then degraded to "just this or that" to be viewed in a dehumanized fashion....am I wrong?

Oh yeah...you should watch "what the bleep do we know:down the rabbit hole" ..about dimensions, kymatics and also how our emotion effect matter....

[edit on 17-10-2009 by SmokeandShadow]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

@reticledc

Your using the word energy in such a way as to imply it's something separate from matter. Where are you people getting this idea from? It just does not exist in physics at all. Energy is nothing more than matter's capacity to exert force on other matter. There is no separate thing we call energy, it's all just matter, that's all the universe is made up of. It's not matter and energy as if they are two different things. Look it up if you don't believe me, hell it's in the dictionary. At least know the definition of a word before you use it folks.

You could not be more incorrect.
All matter is made of energy, not the other way around.

The human body generates heat and electricity, which does radiate and disperse from us.

IT sounds to me as if someone could use a good hug, to demonstrate that FACT!!

Oh yeah, and matter and energy are 2 very separate things.

matter
energy
And it's not just cause WIKI says so....

This is not taking into consideration that the human brain emits waves that are not only detectable by instrumentation, but may in fact be detectable by other human beings.

Have a nice day!!

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
You do a whole lot of ranting, but present no science yourself...you are being the opposite extreme of what you hate oddly enough.

WORD!!!

[edit on 10/17/2009 by reticledc]

[edit on 10/17/2009 by reticledc]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by reticledc

Holy sweet Jesus. I spent the last good part of an hour reading all about energy and the fundamental forces. Including the wiki articles you just posted. Read them again, s-l-o-w-l-y. No seriously, do it really slowly, you might learn something.

Let's look at thermal energy. Can anyone in the class tell me what thermal energy is?

What about electromagnetic energy?

I'm serious here folks, please educate me on how these mysterious forms of energy work. Or do you really want me to give you fine people a proper education in what energy is and what energy is not?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

The opposite extreme of what I hate huh? Man, ATS denies logic as well. Explain the logic in me being the opposite extreme of disliking the improper usage of scientific theories and terminologies. Seriously, I'm sure your logic there is oh so much more sounder than my logic of the improper usage of a terminology or theory adequately invalidates any theory based upon that improper use.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

reply to post by reticledc

Holy sweet Jesus. I spent the last good part of an hour reading all about energy and the fundamental forces. Including the wiki articles you just posted. Read them again, s-l-o-w-l-y. No seriously, do it really slowly, you might learn something.

Let's look at thermal energy. Can anyone in the class tell me what thermal energy is?

What about electromagnetic energy?

I'm serious here folks, please educate me on how these mysterious forms of energy work. Or do you really want me to give you fine people a proper education in what energy is and what energy is not?

Really dude drop your ego, and get of your high horse and maybe people wont be so hard on you. I sure as hell wouldn't wanna learn a damn thing from anybody with an attitude like yours.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Your welcome for the information. Right after I was done watching the film for the first time, it was the first thing I did. Check the claims made. I try and make it a habit of checking the validity of anything I read or watch. I know I can be quiet an annoying confrontational SOB, but I'm kinda sick and tired of seeing threads using science improperly and stating things that don't exist within the theories themselves. Like I said, pretty much everything in that movie is pure BS, I gave you one piece of information to start with, now I leave you to check the validity of the rest of it. It's all BS, that whole movie, even I was taken a bit back when I found out they were lying little money grubbers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join