It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Mural Paintings Portraying Heaven and Hell Discovered in Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Archaeological discoveries: Two mural paintings portraying Heaven and Hell were discovered at al-Marqab Citadel in Tartous, Director-General of Ruins and Museums Bassam Jamous said to Syrian al-Thawra Daily on Saturday.

Jamous indicated that the paintings reveal the sophisticated capabilities of the Syrian artists and highlight social and religious rituals.
Link

Hopefully there will be pictures put up shortly, interesting that none were posted, will follow up when there is..

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I hope the pictures become available to look at soon.

Here is a little more info about them:

The murals, which measure about 8 feet (2.5 meters) high and 11.5 feet (3.5 meters) wide, were hanging on either side of the altar of a 12th century chapel inside the al-Marqab Citadel and had accumulated thick layers of dust and dirt, archaeologists said.

The panel depicting hell shows people being tortured inside a wheel covered with knives and others being hanged and burned, said Marwan Hassan, head of the Department of Antiquities in Tartous. The one portraying heaven includes saints surrounded by light colors.

Hassan said the Crusader murals are important because they are the first ones found in the Middle East depicting heaven and hell.

source

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Orion65

I hope they become available soon also, seems we are getting information faster these days, usually they wait until there is much more info and pictures.......anticipation.

Thanks for the additional infomation.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Orion65

Yeah me too.Please post when they do come out.
thanks

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I tried to find something, but all I got were multiple pages of the same articles on different news sites.

new topics

top topics

join