It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Encounter With a Racist

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The poster states '' The UK is a really tolerant country "
For those of you outside the UK, let me explain that it's against the law not to be.
He was "Deeply saddened'' by the conversation.
Was he " Deeeply saddened " and moved to post when :
The present govt. decided to open our borders to the whole world to come and live at the taxpayers expense? ( No one voted for this )
When our soldiers returned to Luton Airport from Iraq to be met with hundreds of Muslims screaming abuse in their faces ?
When a newly hired Muslim cook refuses to cook bacon or sausages at a police canteen ( staples of the Engish Breakfast), and is sacked, and of course wins thousands in "unfair dismissal "
When a girl wearing a Burka is refused a job at a young, trendy hair salon,
where the staff are showing young , trendy hairstyles. She sues them for discrimination, and they go out of business.
I could go on all night about the surreal way "racism" is treated in the UK,
but in a nutshell these are the rules :
If you are white ( and British ) you are ALWAYS wrong.
If you are new to the country ( and preferably not white ) you are ALWAYS right.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ukmadmax
Was he " Deeeply saddened " and moved to post when :
The present govt. decided to open our borders to the whole world to come and live at the taxpayers expense? ( No one voted for this )

The present government? Take a look back the NHs would have failed without immigrants coming in and working. Immigration can be a good thing.

When our soldiers returned to Luton Airport from Iraq to be met with hundreds of Muslims screaming abuse in their faces ?

Yep i was sad to see that, the soliders just do a job it's not their fault.

When a newly hired Muslim cook refuses to cook bacon or sausages at a police canteen ( staples of the Engish Breakfast), and is sacked, and of course wins thousands in "unfair dismissal "

Yep i am sad to hear such a thing happened, it is ridiculous.

where the staff are showing young , trendy hairstyles. She sues them for discrimination, and they go out of business.

This one is a mixed bag. On the one hand she may have put off some customers as they wouldn't be able to see her hair, on the other hand i can see how she would be offended if she is good at cutting hair.

I could go on all night about the surreal way "racism" is treated in the UK,
but in a nutshell these are the rules :
If you are white ( and British ) you are ALWAYS wrong.
If you are new to the country ( and preferably not white ) you are ALWAYS right.

The system isn't perfect, but none of your post excuses what this young guy said. He judged someone on their skin, they could have been the nicest people in the world but because they had an increased level of melanin in their skin he instantly saw them as bad, horrible people. Instant hatred.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Get your facts right at least.
There was and there still is, no shortage of British qualified doctors in the UK. It proved cheaper to bring in outsiders, that's why the NHS is full of staff to whom English is a second language. Very comforting to the indiginous population.
The fact that once qualified, doctors choose to live and practice in somewhere other than this cesspit of a country says it all.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Get your facts right at least.
There was and there still is, no shortage of British qualified doctors in the UK. It proved cheaper to bring in outsiders, that's why the NHS is full of staff to whom English is a second language. Very comforting to the indiginous population.
The fact that once qualified, doctors choose to live and practice in somewhere other than this cesspit of a country says it all.

My facts are perfectly correct, your opinion however is slightly confusing.

When you say it is cheaper to bring in outsiders. Immigrant nurses and doctors get paid the same amount as non immigrant nurses and doctors so how exactly is it cheaper?

Furthermore you talk of these staff rather badly. I can tell you right now that one of the best nurses that recently cared for my father was a phillipino woman and she was absolutely fantastic, really cared for her patients. That isn't to say the non immigrant nurses don't care of course.

Many doctors choose not to go abroad however the ones that do often leave for other reasons than the NHs i'm sure. Lots of people emigrate for all sorts of reasons.

EDIt

Oh and if this country is such a cesspit then why are you even here? Please feel free to emigrate.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This is my last post on your thread, as I certainly don't intend to keep your pious pontification alive.
Look around the recent threads/ posts. You seem a bit out of step now with current thinking. The back slapping you expected from your ''enlightened" view doesn't seem to have happened does it ?
Normal, rational people are sick to death of the racism industry and all who condone it.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

This is my last post on your thread, as I certainly don't intend to keep your pious pontification alive.
Look around the recent threads/ posts. You seem a bit out of step now with current thinking. The back slapping you expected from your ''enlightened" view doesn't seem to have happened does it ?
Normal, rational people are sick to death of the racism industry and all who condone it.

I expected nothing, i posted as i had been outraged at a situation. However your speculating as to my motives is nothing more than an attempt to discredit the thread. I have ansswered your questions and i have corrected you where, in my opinion you were wrong. My view is not enlightened, it was simply outrage at someone hating another for no real reason.

The racism industry? Look i am quite aware of the sad state of affairs that happen in regards to some legal awards. They are however the exception not the rule. Reading the Daily Mail you would think otherwise but that is hardly reality.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
we a territorial by our very nature.

we can tolerate outsiders if need be but we dont like it.

some are just more honest about how they feel about living with people who were not born on their soil and have differing values.

nd as for the op this is just a look at me look at me thread .. pure fantasy imo.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by manxman2]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by manxman2
we a territorial by our very nature.

we can tolerate outsiders if need be but we dont like it.

some are just more honest about how they feel about living with people who were not born on their soil and have differing values.

nd as for the op this is just a look at me look at me thread .. pure fantasy imo.

More insinuations instead of just dealing with the situation, that's really sad to see. It is not a "look at me" thread, it was posted out of anger and disbelief as to what happened.

I disagree with your points wholy and completely. You say you don't like it if people aren't born on this soil, so what about the children of immigrants who are born here? Some people do not simply tolerate others of different races, some of us just don't care what race someone is and to suggest we are just hiding our feelings is ludicrous.

The hatred is irrational.

It is interesting to see just how many people, even on ATS hold these views though and for that alone this thread was totally worth creating imo.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
It is interesting to see just how many people, even on ATS hold these views though and for that alone this thread was totally worth creating imo.

I totally agree.

I don't know why people saw fit to attack you for this thread. I can't understand it and I don't want to understand it. But it tells me that there's more darkness in the world that I thought.

When people claim that "we're all racist", I can only suspect that it's to put their minds at ease for their own racist feelings. Claiming that "everyone is racist" is like saying, "Well, everyone else does it, so I'm not bad for doing it." I adamantly disagree. Everyone is NOT racist. We are thinking, feeling human beings, not a tribe of monkeys. We have higher brain functions or else we'd still be flinging our feces at the walls and eating our young.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I wouldn’t pay to much attention to some of the racist trolls you have had replying to you. Whenever someone posts about a personal experience the easiest way for a troll to derail the post is to accuse the poster of lying!!

I don’t know if what you say really happened because i don’t know you and i have no proof... however, i will take what you say as truth simply because i choose to take a leap of faith and it is an interesting topic worth discussing. If i thought you were not telling the truth i would simply ignore this post. Plus i have had similar experiences to the one you have just had.

Racist always use the same crappy arguments. They will counter anything you say with quotes from story’s featured in The Daily Star (or, if they have a little more intelligence, The Mail)

Things like...

LOL - What a pathetic argument... I could give you a list of Crimes, political scandals, Scams and pathetic anecdotes all based around white people... what would that prove???

This is just a way to derail your OP which was about an experience you had with racism.

And why is it the racist always try to imply that, unless you agree with them, you somehow do not love your country or are not patriotic.

Another point i will make is this... I have often been mistaken as a racist, by other racists, due to my appearance (6ft white skin head cockney) I have had a few conversations with people (normally white blokes) either in pubs or at party’s were racist comments have been made (normally after a few pints when the racist is feeling a little relaxed) As soon as i say "You wanna slow down mate, my wife’s Black" they wilt like dried up weeds... I normally get the same response

"nah mate i didn’t mean it like that, don’t get me wrong i got loads of black mates" blah blah blah

You see racism stems from fear... and people that live in fear are normally cowards.

I have only ever had one bloke stand up to me on the issue and that was a guy who wouldn’t back down after calling my wife a few names... I ended getting charged with assault and doing community service but i can honestly say that the 120 hours of service was well worth punching his face in.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
My theory is that racist diatribes like the one you described come from another, more primitive part of the brain.

You said even his grammar and syntax became different, and I have experienced that as well.

My guess is this guy was reverting back to more primal responses, from important people in his world, that he experienced as an infant or young child. He probably had a parent or grandparent or other significant care-giver who was given to such diatribes.

I agree that fear makes us revert to a fight-or-flight mode of response that is below the level of our normal "civilized" discourse.

It seems to me the way out of such instinctive behavior is through education and self-awareness.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join