It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham forest footage to be unveiled

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JH80

Nice information JH80 , Interesting to see independent confirmation that 35mm footage exists and it contains footage of the UFOs on the ground
Here is an interview with larry warren confirming the film and pictures , and his version of the event .
media.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I think this is well worth reading before the film footage is shown..

rendlesham-incident.co.uk...

I would imagine that, if the film is the real deal, it does rather blow the whole event wide open. The third night has always been under dispute and as suggested, in the link posted, there is also a suggestion that the, third night, might have been some sort of *staged event*, possibly, to make the 1st 2 nights events seem less credulous.

That being said, the soil samples and the results obtained from them, are indeed fascinating.

Still we shall see whether anything will really be cleared up or just another layer of smoke added to the, already, dense layers that surround this wholes story.

My own take is this. The anecdotal evidence i have from the winter of 1980, does seem to suggest, something pretty major was going on in England, with regards to the UFO phenomenon. I've mentioned elsewhere, i have 2 anecdotal reports of landings in England that winter, one reported to me BEFORE the Rendlesham incident the other this year. I can't help wonder how many other people have never come forward to report strange happening they might have witnessed from that winter..

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
heres info on the convention i found

WEDNESDAY 14 OCTOBER

UFO coup in Halton!

For the first time anywhere significant evidence of the best known UFO event on British soil will be presented, at Halton Lea Library, part of Paranormal Week in Halton - in what is a being seen as a real coup in paranormal circles.

Other events, in the bigger than even festival, include events presented by Lady Snake - white witch and star of TV and radio; Michael Hadfield - hypnotherapist and paranormal investigator and Glennyce Eckersley - angel guru, international best selling author.

In another coup for the annual spook-fest, which runs from Monday 19 October to Friday 23 October from 2pm to 4pm and 7pm to 9.15pm each day, Rob Bethell, Mark Rosney and Jebby Robinson from the TV series Spook School - as featured on the Unexplained Channel on Sky (Channel 201) - will also host evenings.

Other events include a talk by Sylvia Wheatley - accredited graphologist and Roy Basnett - award winning presenter and paranormal investigator.

Retired United States Air Force serviceman Larry Warren co-author of 'Left at East Gate' will present an up-date of the events in Rendlesham Forest, Suffolk over Christmas 1980 when it allegedly took place over three winter's nights.

In what is a coup for Halton, at 7pm on Friday 23 October the audience will see what could be hailed as the most significant evidence ever presented in this case.

Larry Warren has a a roll of film allegedly shot by a U.S.A.F. Law Enforcement official during events in Rendlesham forest on the night of 27 December 1980.

The images seem to suggest that what Larry, Lt. Col. Charles Halt (Deputy Base Commander at RAF Woodbridge at the time) plus several former U.S.A.F. personnel and members of the British public have insisted happened -did happen.

Larry has been a featured speaker at UFO conferences in the US, UK and Japan and has appeared on numerous TV and radio programmes worldwide, including CNN, BBC, Nippon TV,Entertainment Tonight, Sky TV, SciFi Channel and the HistoryChannel.

To find out more.. come along to the free event

Throughout the week, paranormal investigators from Eximus and Para-Projects.will be on hand to try to answer any questions you have about the paranormal or to look at any ‘spooky’ evidence you may have captured on camera, video or audio.

Each night, along with the main talks, workshops will be run, including popular hands-on workshops, such as Mindlab, remote viewing, and a fun paranormal game show to see if anyone has latent Psi abilities.

As always there is something for everyone, from UFOs to ghosts - and everything in between! To find out times click on on the 'Events' tab of the Halton Libraries Facebook page or log onto...

www2.halton.gov.uk...

Special guests include City Talk's Roy Basnett paranormal investigator; international author and angel expert Glennyce Eckersley; graphology expert Sylvia Wheatley and UFO whistle blower Larry Warren. Paranormal investigators Para Projects and Eximius will be on hand during the week to answer any questions you have regarding any aspect of the Paranormal.

Joining the Paranormal Week team is Wendy Binks, AKA Lady Snake, a multi disciplined psychic medium, spiritual teacher and witch who is leader of a coven. She is adept in the use of I Ching, Runes, Angel Cards, Palm Reading and is a master teacher in Reiki Healing. She has appeared extensively on TV and Radio, including a recent appearance on the TV series Ghost Adventures.

Afternoon events start at 2pm and evening events at 7pm. Full programme available from Halton Libraries website, Facebook page or call in at any Halton Library

www2.halton.gov.uk...

if anybody could go that would be fantastic

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Looking forward to this. Keep us informed.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
Video footage alone doesn't prove anything. Doesn't matter what the hell it shows, so unfortunately this won't enhance the subject area at all towards proving anything.

Maybe you should research the subject matter as then you would know that video footage isn't going to be alone in this case.

Whether it enhances a particular claim or otherwise will depend partially on what it shows and partially on the film's prominence.

To stat that it doesn't matter what it shows defies logic.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
perhaps it does defy logic to say the video footage doesn't matter no matter what it shows.

but then again it seems to me that most skeptics aren't exactly Logician tacticians are they

i hope its a good quality film

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
You are all missing something important. The Rendlesham "craft" was seen in the united states as well. The descriptions match.....

Rendlesham en.wikipedia.org...

Texas en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
For those who have not heard the Col Charles Halt audio tape here it is in entirety plus a full transcript of the tape , enjoy

Tape Transcript

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Good post. Starred and flagged. I would love to see the video, but I would be surprised if anything of significance showed up the film. My best guess is you're going to see 'some sort of light in the sky'. I would love to be proven wrong though....

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Well if Strange But True can recreate the event 10 years ago using nothing but "christmas lights", im sure with todays CGI and technology it wouldnt be far fetched to do something similar on a more "convincing" scale.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Despite my skepticism im just wondering wether anything else has been heard about this event/video, seeing as were jut 2 days away from its unveiling.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

Yep two days to go , all I have is this from UFO Magazine UK

In what is a coup for Halton, at 7pm on Friday 23 October the audience will see what could be hailed as the most significant evidence ever presented in this case. Larry Warren has a a roll of film allegedly shot by a U.S.A.F. Law Enforcement official during events in Rendlesham forest on the night of 27 December 1980. The images seem to suggest that what Larry, Lt. Col. Charles Halt (Deputy Base Commander at RAF Woodbridge at the time) plus several former U.S.A.F. personnel and members of the British public have insisted happened -did happen.

Allegedly shot by a U.S.A.F. Law Enforcement official , could be interesting
Not long to wait till we find out anyway

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
This case has always fascinated me.
Is anyone here able to go to the viewing and is there a site where we will be able to get news of this event?
Seems like the base has been visited before...

Link

But this is not the first or last time a UFO has visited the bases in Rendlesham Forest. During the night of August 13 - 14, 1956, ground radar operators at Bentwaters made contact with a UFO that flew directly over the base at speeds of around two thousand miles per hour. The object was also seen visibly by air controllers and pilots. Two RAF Venom fghters were scrambled to intercept the UFO, but quickly lost it as it was able to far out maneuver them. Even the paper Condon Commitee, whose sole aim was to debunk UFO sightings was forced to conclude that "the apparently rational, intelligent behavior of the UFO suggests a mechanical device of unknown origins as the most probable explanation."

Edit to add...
Link to Condon Report
Scroll down to section "[[245]]"

[edit on 21-10-2009 by simon_alex0327]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Thanks man for providing the transcript link, as i have no sound on my comp it was very handy for me. Star for you.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Hi all,

Larry Warren's already admitted to lying re particular events he says he witnessed 12/80, in the mid /90s.. The UFO business while big is fragile and any lie or falsehood written to an important UFO event such as rendlesham I ignore. Warren's the only person who says he was out there w/halt. Halt says he was in training at the time.

Warren's also admitted to psychological troubles since the event. His book went south in sales as soon as he came out with the truth and his reasoning for lying in that a ball of fog flew into a field, hovered 3ft of the field, exploded into a real tangible craft. He finally said that part wasn't true.

I don't care if he's from Canada or wherever. He's lied. Admitted to lying and I believe nothing he says re rendlesham, 1980. If he produces film footage, it's fake.

Decoy

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Of all the UFO reports I've read about, this is one that still puts a chill up my spine (and I'm NOT a believer....yet). The audio recording was freaky when I first heard it.

It'll be interesting putting the old audio and the released video footage side by side to get a better idea of what happened and also to look for any discrepancies between the two.

I don't think much more will be learned from this but who knows.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision
Good post. Starred and flagged. I would love to see the video, but I would be surprised if anything of significance showed up the film. My best guess is you're going to see 'some sort of light in the sky'. I would love to be proven wrong though....

I'm not poking you with a stick....but I think it was more a case of lights IN the forest and seen through the trees.

Some suggested it was a local lighthouse.

Threads:

The Case for Rendlesham
Rendlesham Forest/Halt Tape
ATS.G: Larry Warren on Rendlesham
Rendlesham Forest was a hoax
Rendlesham Forest UFO Bentwaters 30 Year Anniversary Reunion Plans
Col Charles Halt says “extra-terrestrials” caused the close encounter at Rendlesham Forest air

We'll probably never know, but certainly one of the more interesting cases eh? And those chaps who ventured into the forest that night (under orders) certainly had some ba**s, and kudos to them for having a tape recorder, geiger counter AND a film camera.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Decoy
Hi all,

Larry Warren's already admitted to lying re particular events he says he witnessed 12/80,.......

snip!

..... He's lied. Admitted to lying and I believe nothing he says re rendlesham, 1980. If he produces film footage, it's fake.

That's where WE come in. Side by side, the audio AND film recording will reveal truth of some sort.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
At the Runcorn & Widnes World site, they say "roll of film" and that Larry Warren will be showing "footage" but does that mean motion picture film or still photography film? Sorry to split hairs but it seems a bit vague to me.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by synchro

According to the UFO Magazine UK website Warren has a a roll of film allegedly shot by a U.S.A.F. Law Enforcement official during events in Rendlesham forest on the night of 27 December 1980.
So I guess that will be the footage referred to on the Runcorn & Widnes World site . I just hope that he will release the footage so we can all have a good look at it

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join