It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens In Fiction, Humans In Fact

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Are These Extraterrestrials Hostile?

This is simply answered by the fact that we are still alive here on earth. The ETs that have been visiting us long before we had atomic weaponry, could have then, as they could now, with their advanced weaponry, annihilate the human race without a challenge. Never the less, our view of life from space is filled with haunting images of evil aliens wanting to take over earth and destroy us as portrayed in our movies.

Reflecting what may be stored in the sub-conscious minds of millions on Earth of what Extraterrestrial interaction might be like, as portrayed by Hollywood Science Fiction over the years. Is it just human nature to want to see that which is "alien" to us as being something to fear that Hollywood caters to?

Dr Carol Rosin spokesperson for Wernher Von Braun

Dr. Wernher Von Braun revealed to Dr Rosin on his deathbed, a plan to justify weapons in space, based on hoaxing an extraterrestrial threat. He told her that would be the final scare. And over and over and over during the four years that she knew him, and was giving speeches for him, he would bring up "the last card".

"And remember Carol, the last card is the Alien Card. We are going to have to build Space-Based Weapons against aliens and all of it is a lie."

President Ronald Reagan

February 17, 1987 Geneva (An Alien invasion was spoken of in 3 speeches)

"I've often wondered, what if all of us in the world discovered that we were threatened by an outer -- a power from outer space, from another planet. Citizens of the world would come together to fight that particular threat..."

President Bill Clinton

October 28, 1999 Addressing Educators visiting Washington.
"If we were being attacked by space aliens we wouldn't be playing these kinds of games,"

So how have aliens been portrayed in movies? Check out this ET Rating System.

Are we being prepared for an false enemy?

It does seem we are being indoctrinated to associate fear with aliens, but i put it to you that whatever aliens have done in fiction, humans have in fact done the same already.

On a lighter note, it seems the aliens have noticed this biased view and are not pleased......

Aliens Demand More Positive Portrayal In The Media

Peace.

[edit on 05/08/2009 by LiveForever8]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

I think that it does seem kind of fishy, how some political leaders have been brining up E.T. when they discuss the possibility. I also think that Hollywood has been playing some sort of role, in making E.T. associated with fear. Maybe its just because it sells better. Maybe.

I like how you stated that most things in the movies, that E.T. have done, has been done by mankind. Interesting how scared we can be of something we don't even know exists, when we are surrounded by an actual threat. Though, of course not all humans are capable of destruction. So I'm sure that some E.T. aren't either.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
IMHO.
There are not EBE’s, they are then men of renown, the fallen angles, the demons that belong to the Prince of the Air. Albeit, there are the Principalities of the heavens.
If they made themselves know, mankind would soon see their true demonic nature. The natural thought process would then begin to cascade, revealing the fact that G_D exists, thereby nullifying faith.
I will never suggest nor claim that I know how G_D thinks, but I do know how faith in The Lord Jesus Christ works. (Queue the atheists, satanists and shills to respond)

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Additional:

Friends of Foes?

UFOs and Alien Invasions in Film On June 24, 1947, the civilian pilot Kenneth Arnold reported seeing nine objects, glowing bright blue-white, flying in a "V" formation over Washington State's Mount Rainier. He estimated their flight speed at 1700 mph and compared their motion to "a saucer if you skip it across water," which became the origin of the soon-to-be popular term "flying saucer." Though reports of various types of unidentified flying objects (UFOs) had existed for hundreds of years, Arnold's sighting –combined with a highly publicized UFO incident that took place later that summer near Roswell, New Mexico – a frenzy of interest in otherworldly visitors and an entire new subculture, known as "ufology," that would be vividly represented in movies in the decades to come.

Aliens In The Movies

Very good piece of writing, well worth a read.

Also:

List of films featuring Extraterrestrials (Wikipedia)

Peace.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Why is there an Alien Hoax.
I figure its the UFO technology from Tesla.
Because all of Tesla's works were locked up in 1943 and
are still under lock and key.

Other than hiding scalar electricity behind Alien skirts
I can't say what else TPTB might want to try next.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Ancient man. As there is evidence to suggest man kind has been here far longer than history tells us, I will not be so bold as to say ancient man (and woman) was a race of idiots.
Man before modern technology, would not know what to think of the men of today. THey would think us gods. THe Native AMericans proved this theory when they thought the mounted spaniards, and italians were gods.
Ancient man looking at alien civilisations visiting on earth would DEFINITELY think they were in divine presence when looking upon travellers of the stars. I hate when people forget that. When speaking in terms of angels and demons. One NEEDS to realise that before the coming of the christian church, they were one in the same depending on where you were. Asia. Demons were supernatural beings. some good some not so good. ANgels, in western history were as well, supernatural beings. some good some not so good. The church separated the two names, and said one was good, and the other not so good.
Now.. the theory is simple. these, angels, demons, and gods of old are aliens. Why is this the theory? because, no matter WHAT faith you have, or have come from (in terms of posterity, nationality, and ancestry) GOD< or THE GODS ALWAYS DECENDED FROM THE STARS, or depending on where you are again... THE HEAVENS. (both one in the same).

Clearly, according to MANY tales of course, these aliens have never been on bad terms with humanity. IF you look at the Nuremburg broad sheets, they may have had their conflicts in the stars, but never against man.
Every one of the old gods parted with very similar words. "I/WE will return when the times are needed, OR when the time comes"

Central, and South America. Quetzlcoatl was a flying snake. Seen now are the so called space serpents. glowing in the night, and floating for all to see. and they are there in the day as well.

The Netherlands. the so called Walson Craft. This looks remarkabley similar to a primative drawing of a horse. perhaps... Sliepnir? Odin too, said upon his depart, he would return in time when it was right. Suffice it to say, there are no(until the coming of the church) evil gods, or negative malevolent soul horney monsters out there. As stated in the OP, all those monsters we portray as alien are human. One can argue that this is the fault of the so called, devil, but my argument against this is simple. We always try to put the blame on someone else isntead of learning from our mistakes. This act promotes a serious decline in wisdom.
I simply ask this. WHat is more primative. God will save the worthy? or we as a society should focus more on the betterment of mankind as a whole through negitiation, peace and education? When we actually try option B, maybe then these "ET's" will come down for a bit of hows it going.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trams

I think that it does seem kind of fishy, how some political leaders have been brining up E.T. when they discuss the possibility. I also think that Hollywood has been playing some sort of role, in making E.T. associated with fear. Maybe its just because it sells better. Maybe.

I like how you stated that most things in the movies, that E.T. have done, has been done by mankind. Interesting how scared we can be of something we don't even know exists, when we are surrounded by an actual threat. Though, of course not all humans are capable of destruction. So I'm sure that some E.T. aren't either.

I don't see what you see with politicians. There are no examples for politicians to quote so when they speak, they're telling us their "fears" the same way that some members of ATS express their fears. It's all based on projection since, again, there are no examples to present to justify the fears.

Hollywood is only playing the money game as is television. What sells the most? Fear. From the shower scene in "PSYCHO" to the cheap productions such as "THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT" and even "JAWS". People want thrills and the mundane doesn't do it. It's got to jolt you out of your seat. "ALIENS" was a good jolter.

"THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL" (1951) had a benevolent alien, Klaatu (Michael Rennie was there in silver underwear... - ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW), so it's not all divide and conquer.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by stanlee

well the god Jehovah wasn't so forgiving,killing people left and right,for little things like offering the wrong incense,the list could go on but i don't think its worth it.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Who give you the idea aliens are hostile.Aliens so advanced they do not need any type of weaponry to protect themselves.Gental aliens with frail bodies who are always busy doing something important.Our own culture has made aliens look more evil and dangerous than they really are.We have all been brough up believing all aliens are evil who like invading planets and killing everything in there way.Can you imagien how the aliens feel about all this.Gental alien beings being labeled as evil monsters who drink human blood and abduct women for strange sexual experiments.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by GORGANTHIUM]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

This is simply answered by the fact that we are still alive here on earth. The ETs that have been visiting us long before we had atomic weaponry, could have then, as they could now, with their advanced weaponry, annihilate the human race without a challenge. Never the less, our view of life from space is filled with haunting images of evil aliens wanting to take over earth and destroy us as portrayed in our movies.

False. Just because they dont intend to kill us doesnt mean they are friendly. They could be using us for something.

Now, I personally dont subscribe to the theory that they are hostile, but I dont like false statements like this so I figured I would give my opinion.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
This virtual reality world that will live in has a scenario about Aliens and of cource bad ones as always it’s the elite’s way of making you look their perspective. Well the coin has two sides I think we should look at the brite side --follow your intuition--

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
great thread LiveForever.

Some daunting questions proposed . . .

i don't think it is as simple as "are they hostile or benevolent?" though.

we're talking about beings so far advanced that we shouldn't assume that they have "human" motives or demeanor.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I personally think they look upon us as animals in a zoo. We are probably a tour destination for little alien school children on field trips. I doubt they paid much more than passing attention to us until we got stupid and set off an atomic bomb. Explains the flurry of activity in the 1940s

Now we are probably viewed like stupid teenage boys who get their thrills by blowing up something.

I am just sick and tired of all the secrecy. At the point we are now, the only people secrets are being kept from are the people who are paying the power hungry horses asses who are keeping the secrets.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
The real problem with the theory of being attacked by an alien species is that many humans will ignore it, even if the USA would say it or any other mayor political power. They would demand hard inconclusive evidance.

You might want to point to cases such as the chemical weapons of Iraq but fact is that even that war was not started for the chemical weapons. Many western leaders wanted Saddam gone and accepted the false evidence, mostly knowing it was faulse just to justify their support rather then to let a chance get away from them.

But lets take a step back. Would aliens attack us? We should conceive that aliens will have simular kind of behavior then us. While there is no direct evidence for this, there is reason to accept this as a great possibility. After all, we know of one intelligent species that has it and we know of no other intelliegent species that don't have it and thus statiscally it would make sense to say that chance is high until otherwise proven.

Assuming that aliens have emotions and instincts like us; love, hate, envy, lust, curiosity etc. etc. we should expect alien visitation to be like Russian roulette. A space travelling race does by no means have to be peacefull or warlike, it can be either to succeed in spacetravel. Just like we can travel the oceans, aliens that experiance emotions like us can too travel the vastness of space with the intend to help or to purge others.

In case of a friendly race they would most likely want to help only if they know that their help will be of use and welcomed. If we should relate into a situation on earth then we can take Afrika. Help there might not help because of the abuse of warlords and corruption. It might help tto cure aids or irrigate water. Helpfull race would avoid earth if the help would seem not wanted or would not help at all. What is the point of giving us a perfect energysource if menkind would use it to wipe out itself?
What would be the point of helping if menkind would feel insulted by pride?
A helpfull race would wait and watch and only interfere directly in the most dire cause. A helpfull race would want us to achieve by ourself and be proud of our own achievements for the good of its own future morale.

In the case of a hostile race it would first make a cost benefit analysis. It would quickly find out that it would cost practically nothing to wipe out earth and would bring equally little. It would only consider harm to humans if there was a benefit other then resources. Befenits like livingspace or the elimination of future enemies. Neither one of the before mentioned reasons are currently of need for most races in sapce. We are in a distant remote piece of the galaxy as a pre-advanced race with nothing of value. Hostile advanced alien race would see us as little more then a footnote in their gaint intergalactic encyclopedia.

Right at htis moment, humans are their own worst threat and we don't need that elaborate scemes to do so. Stalin did nothing complex when he killed 4000 officers of the Polish army, Hitler did nothing complex when he builded exterminationcamps. The Taliban did nothing overly complex to estabilsh their regime. The same goes for European colonisation and the American geopolitical force economics play before it's fall in 2008.

Keep a clear head and focus. We got much to do if we want to become advanced. We still need to solve the energy crisis, impove our spacetravel technology. We still have to unify the world in unions of superpowers that will not fight because of economic costs and impact. (hey, at least it's peace, thou not that holy a way to achieve it)

[edit on 18-10-2009 by AncientShade]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

But, even if an advanced culture had the ability it does not immediately mean they had the inclination to use them. But that being said, I also find the idea that aliens want to destroy/enslave us rather silly.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Originally posted by LiveForever8

False. Just because they dont intend to kill us doesnt mean they are friendly. They could be using us for something.

Now, I personally dont subscribe to the theory that they are hostile, but I dont like false statements like this so I figured I would give my opinion.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by Copernicus]

The statement is not false, when considering your explanation.

It never said aliens were friendly, just that they weren't hostile. It never ruled out the possibility they were 'using us for something' but merely highlighted that as of yet, they have not been hostile towards us.

Please read more carefully next time

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
But if they are using us for something without revealing themselves, surely that is hostile? Sure, not openly aggressive, but hostile nonetheless. Take for example this sentence:

Never the less, our view of life from space is filled with haunting images of evil aliens wanting to take over earth and destroy us as portrayed in our movies.

The only part of this that is disproven by the fact that they haven't destroyed us is the idea that they want to destroy us. They may still be evil, and may still want to take (or may have already taken) over the earth.

It is a false assumption that destruction is the only intention of an invading force. In fact destruction is rarely the intention.

new topics

top topics

join