It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US in Iraq just for the oil? Think again - UK and China get 43 Billion Barrels!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It's all very easy for us non US ATSers to get on the US bashing band wagon.

Here's a story that may surprise you who are used to having a dig at them.

Iraq cabinet ratifies oil deals

Iraq's cabinet has ratified a deal with two foreign energy companies to develop the giant southern oilfield in Rumaila.

The contract with Britain's BP and CNPC of China is the first major deal with foreign firms to be signed since an international auction in June.

So there you have it guys, China and Britain, I know I know, the NWO transcends boarders, and it doesn't matter what country really takes the profits from the Iraqi people. But I see "US this" and "Bad US that!", for once (I'm sure there are plenty of examples though!) there is no justification for those calls!

Back to the story though, the numbers here are truly phenomenal.

The British company will hold a 38% stake in the venture, compared to CNPC's 37% share, while Iraq's State Oil Marketing Organization will control the remaining 25%, the Associated Press reported.

The fields up for auction in June contained about 43bn barrels of Iraq's proven oil reserves of 115bn barrels.

A quarter, that's what Iraq gets, and I fear a lot less once the corruption and dodgy dealings of the Iraqi Oil ministry take their share.

Sad really, but I suppose that's how the world works!

[edit on 17-10-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Yup, I agree that people like to make the US out to be the ones that the NWO stems from, that's just really far from the truth.

These things have been planned for hundreds of years, long before the US was the "place to be". Sure it made the process of creating the NWO much smoother with it's lack of reform and accountability, but the key players in this battle are Great Britain, China and Russia.

25%? Wow that is weak. Why would the Iraqi government sell their citizens happiness and well being for so little?

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

It gets ridiculous sometimes, people blame the US for certain problems (God knows I have in the past) but they blame the NWO for other things. You can't have it both ways.

At today's prices, that oil fields is worth

77 * 43 Billion = 3,311 Billion

that's allot of schools and medicine

I know, it costs money to drill and extract oil, but %25, makes you sick!

All the best mate, kiwifoot

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

And the sad thing is that with the buildup from Post war modernization, Iraq would have the resources to keep about a 70% profit instead of 25% and they could really make something wonderful out of that nation.

I'm pretty appalled at BP.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
US bombed Iraq into even more oblivion and makes sure they are kept there. God forbid they have an infrastructure with running water, electricity, etc.

You have to question the subterfuge of such public bids and what really goes on at ground level. I suspect the US has massive involvement in both policing oil/gas fields, construction and charging transit fees of sorts. They will make sure they're in Iraq & Afghanistan for decades to come, not for democracy of any kind, but to continue this oil policing and exploitation.

Secret US plans for Iraq's oil

The US is just a grease monkey to the NWO / illuminati that goes back thousands of years, since dreams were dreamt to control the minions.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Oil? We are there for the sake of freedom, and it is unpatriotic to believe anything else.
I really don't buy either one.I think some how it involves the extermination of certain bloodlines. This is why we are hearing stories
of absolute atrocities our boys are being ordered to carry out.
As an ex. only, certain villages they are ordered to kill everything that
is breathing. Why not say it I'm not shy. Genocide.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

The contract with Britain's BP and CNPC of China is the first major deal with foreign firms to be signed since an international auction in June.

Precisely! I have had to tell people this dozens of times on ATS.

Britain must be the evil country now.

Star and Flag.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by john124]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I think you people are very very confused.

BP was thrown out of Iraq in 1972 when Saddam Hussein nationalized the oil industry.

And now they're back.
What's so hard to understand about that?

Some readin' for you.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
I think you people are very very confused.

BP was thrown out of Iraq in 1972 when Saddam Hussein nationalized the oil industry.

And now they're back.
What's so hard to understand about that?

Some readin' for you.

Mate when I have time I'll check that essay out, looks damn interesting.

But I don't think it changes the point of the thread too much, the fact that it isn't a big ol' bad US company raking it in, and that the Iraqi people have been ripped off again!

Or does it friend?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
We need to stop pinning "bad guys" on any country as a whole.
We can pin it on the relative handful of those that are front men in parliaments, congresses, etc.. and those rich and powerful who hide behind the scenes pulling the strings of the former.

Billions of good people in this world; hundreds of bad. Let's have a cage match.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Oil? We are there for the sake of freedom, and it is unpatriotic to believe anything else.

You can't seriously believe this?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

No, not serious

Originally posted by randyvs
I really don't buy either one.I think some how it involves the extermination of certain bloodlines. This is why we are hearing stories

reply to post by randyvs

That's a new one to me though, I've never heard anything about the possibility of exterminating blood lines... That's a whole new level... Who do you think wants this? US govt.? Iraq govt.? some other organization? Any thoughts as to which bloodlines and what the background is behind this?

[edit on 17-10-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

Interesting article...

"The real reason the Bush administration wants a puppet government in Iraq -- or more importantly, the reason why the corporate-military-industrial network conglomerate wants a puppet government in Iraq -- is so that it will revert back to a dollar standard (for OPEC international transactions) and stay that way."

Article

So hasn't this back-fired with the latest news about China & Russia:

The demise of the dollar:
In a graphic illustration of the new world order, Arab states have launched secret moves with China, Russia and France to stop using the US currency for oil trading.

Link

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by PrisonerOfSociety

No, not serious

Originally posted by randyvs

reply to post by randyvs

That's a new one to me though, I've never heard anything about the possibility of exterminating blood lines... That's a whole new level... Who do you think wants this? US govt.? Iraq govt.? some other organization? Any thoughts as to which bloodlines and what the background is behind this?

[edit on 17-10-2009 by LadySkadi]

I think I've read somewhere that Iraq is the land of the Sumarians ( I may be wrong someone can correct me), the place highly involved with the Annunaki, and there is a theory out there that the US invasion was a pretext to wipe the last trace off them of the genetic map.

I think that may be what is being referred to here, as I said, It's just a vague memory from somewhere!

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by manxman2
never heard so much garbbage from so few.

the truth is exactly 9% of iraqs reserves have been allocated to non american companies.

up until 2005 american vice president and ex president bushes company haliburton had already extorted 30 billion.

“Halliburton has already raked in more than $30 billion from the Bush-Cheney Administration for work in Iraq, and they were awarded some of the first Katrina contracts," Lautenberg said in a statement. "It is unseemly for the Vice President to continue to benefit from this company at the same time his Administration funnels billions of dollars to it. The Vice President should sever his financial ties to Halliburton once and for all.”

Cheney continues to hold 433,333 Halliburton stock options. The company has been criticized by auditors for its handling of a no-bid contact in Iraq. Auditors found the firm marked up meal prices for troops and inflated gas prices in a deal with a Kuwaiti supplier. The company built the American prison at Guantanamo Bay.

However, the Congressional Research Service (CRS) concluded in Sept. 2003 that holding stock options while in elective office does constitute a “financial interest” regardless of whether the holder of the options will donate proceeds to charities. CRS also found that receiving deferred compensation is a financial interest.

Cheney told "Meet the Press" in 2003 that he didn't have any financial ties to the firm.

“Since I left Halliburton to become George Bush's vice president, I've severed all my ties with the company, gotten rid of all my financial interest," the Vice President said. "I have no financial interest in Halliburton of any kind and haven't had, now, for over three years.”

Cheney continues to received a deferred salary from the company. According to financial disclosure forms, he was paid $205,298 in 2001; $262,392 in 2002; $278,437 in 2003; and $294,852 in 2004.

this is just another look at me look at me thread from some comedian who just wants to stir the shiit.

Look at me thread?

What is your problem mate?
I'm going from the article, which is talking about a specific oil deal.

Iraq 'Work' Doesn't have to be oil.

And the article and thread say this is the firs @major' Oil deal. 42 billion barrels at once.

I just don't understand why you can't object or argue with manners.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by alien]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by manxman2

And also, 30 billion made from oil (which it isn't made JUST from Oil) is a 1oo time less than the 3,311 BILLION up for grabs here!

if you disagree that's cool, but you should read the figures before you get all out of shape and derogatory.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by alien]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by manxman2

You really ought to learn some manners in order to carry out a civil debate.

I asked you in another thread, but no answer.

Why would the US go all the way over to Iraq for oil, when we could have easily went to Mexico, Brazil, and Venezuela, and Canada which are logistically closer?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
its not a debate its just plain bait.

another trolling hoax thread.

the reason you didnt go elsewhere is because the 3rd largest oil reserves in the world were more attractive.imo.

and add to that the 240 billion barrels america thought lay under afghanistan and america had seconded over half the worlds reserves by force and bloodshed.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by manxman2]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join