It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(VIDEO) Officer punches student at least 27 times in shocking display of Police Brutality

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parabol

Originally posted by Lichter daraus

Wow, chill out all i said was I'm losing more trust in them. i see a lot of hot headed pigs, even where i live and its not a big city. They are also real people that can and some are corrupt like where i live the police are very corrupt. After reading your post on what really went down my veiw on this particular incident may have changed but I'm still losing my trust in them. Once again chill out I'm entitled to my opinions. Also where did i say we would be better without them, i never said that, nor was i implying that. But when the SHTF i will not trust them for sure as it will be hard to trust anybody at that point.

Well that's not actually what you said. You described a scenario where the person assumes offhand that a cop is going to beat them up for simple mischief. Then you said you wouldn't look to them for help when # hits the fan. Sounds a bit different than losing trust.

Oh you're entitled to your opinions by all means, but I think you'd be better off not to say screw you to the police in a situation where they might be the only ones trying to help. I may have seemed aggressive or whatever, but honestly it got to me imagining someone turning down genuine help because they thought most police officers were corrupt.

You're right, trusting people if SHTF will be tough. Personally, I'll be more inclined to trust and help an individual who is trained in police tactics, armed, and knows a bunch of other guys just like that. I'm sorry to hear your town has a corrupt force, i'm not gonna argue you on that, they might be. Hopefully your town gets cleaned up or you move somewhere that is more safe for you. I understand our viewpoints are determined by our environment and that ours are different.

I was imagining if i was in that situation not knowing what really happened. It was before your post.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

What I meant to say by that analogy was, we all have a path in life that we choose. Being a cop doesn't make you better than anyone, but you make the choice knowing you'll be in danger for the sake of protecting others. Personally I was a finance major when I chose to spend my time helping people. I switched my major to psychology and haven't looked back. You shouldn't receive credit or praise for this, you make your own choices. But every day these officers work they are potentially putting themselves in a life threatening position for our safety. I couldn't, or wouldn't be a cop, but I respect and thank them for that choice. Maybe that cop is a jerk, but maybe he's seen his share of situations to know that giving a criminal an ounce of space can result in someone innocent being hurt. I'm just saying. I didn't mean it as a put down to you, or to insinuate that you weren't worthy or helping.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaronVonGodzilla
Welcome to the land of the free, the home of the brave.

Did Canada become the 51st state?
I need to pay more attention to the news...

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Parabol

Psychologists scare me, no offence, that's another profession i don't trust, but that's another topic...Anyway my uncle was a cop so i have many stories, both ways, bad cop good people, Bad people good cops.

[edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zot Twady

You're supposed to lay there limp while the cops bark mostly incoherent and conflicting instructions at you

Stop resisting is not incoherent or conflicting. What did they say that was confusing?

, and if you tense up at all in anticipation of the beating you're likely to get, you get beaten harder and charged with 'resisting'.

No. First you're assuming you're going to be beaten, which if you looked at the actual statistics of it occurring is not likely to happen at all. Tensing up isn't resisting, resisting is not letting them put your arms behind your back, trying to roll over, or using force to attempt an escape. Which he did once.

If you fully comply (limp) while being restrained, you stand a good chance of being slammed to the ground, and/or sucker punched in your soft spots.

This is completely ridiculous. If you go limp then they just handcuff you. You're saying if this person had chosen to comply that they would have received a worse beating? Complete fear mongering and entirely illogical.

You just assume cops are trying to beat people up and that no matter what you do it's going to happen. What do you base this on? The handful of stories you've heard?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by rygi23
We don't know any circumstances and can't tell if the man is or was armed so commenting is futile. He probably deserved to get an arss whoopin by someone though.
[edit on 17-10-2009 by rygi23]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Eye On War

You know what I find most shocking is not the video but rather the fact that nobody did anything about this despite the fact there were quite a lot of citizens around the event.

Hey, at least if I ever get the beating of my life I will end up on youtube.

What will that solve? Nothing.

A suit and a badge doesnt change anyone in my opinion, a thug is a thug and a good man is a good man. Anyone can wear a suit.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by rygi23
We don't know any circumstances and can't tell if the man is or was armed so commenting is futile. He probably deserved to get an arss whoopin by someone though.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by rygi23]

it doesnt matter at this point if he had a gun or any wepon for that matter. he was already down and controled.. he wasnt able to harm anyone if he had wanted to. 9 times out of ten its not resisting its just an inability to do as your told because ur laying on your arms with anywhere from one to 20 cops on top of you. when someone falls to the ground eather by force or choice its instinct to stop your fall with your hands. than the cops jump on pinning them under you. it happens in almost every case. just watch the show cops and look for it. i would love to see any cop anywhere have the ability to easily place his arms behind his back while he lays on top of them and has 20 guys sitting on his back and head.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by PApro]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
This video is a perfect example of why WE the people, will never be free.

There are a couple of dozen people standing there, watching while a half dozen cops pound on this one "resister". Nobody shouting, nobody grabbing at the cops, nobody taking a stand against the thugs.

Sure, we can all talk about how we stand up for our rights, but until we stand up for the rights of others, and speak out against this, as it happens, they will always have control over us.

-we allow this.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
A lot of cops for one guy

I wonder what he did to the cops, he at least had to have said something. Cause it dont matter where your at they are just not going to hand you your @ss llike they did this guy.

I think he really did say something that pissed them off, cause dude, they beat his @ss. They were probaby punching him in the nutts and every thing.

Let this be a lesson, THE FUZZ WILL BEAT YOUR @SS!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Its been a while, but....

The statement "(cops) but they do have difficult and dangerous jobs" is the perfect excuse given for these actions. Every statistic for violent crime is down from even 10 years ago...not to mention the violent crime taking place in the 80's which was a MUCH MORE violent era.

What is really happening is that they now have the "WIMPY" aka Metrosexual society of Males to create the Police state they NEED. You can tell that the person filming the abuse wont even approach the situation....very disturbing.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Here's what I saw:

The first few seconds were of several police officers wrestling a suspect who was apparently resisting. After repeated attempts to subdue the man with minimal force then warning to stop resiting and a few knocks to the head were subsequently employed.

They loudly and repeatedly yelled "Stop Resisting", and the person they were tackling did not stop. We do not see how this started, and while I am a vocal critic of police tactics, I don't see criminality here. This is not to say there wasn't any, but this is one of those gray area pieces of footage and we would need surveillance to fill in the gaps, which I'm sure exists.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
"Stop Resisting" is the typical Police tactic while there beating someone to make it seem like "there doing there job".

I can show you many videos, from much less scared observers than this one, that show the same tactic.

"Stop Resisting" has to be a similar tactic from different Countries..

[edit on 25-10-2009 by hoochymama]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

Would that be your legal analysis? I've seen take downs with my own eyes here in Reno-I've seen similar things like this a few times down town where I live and work. It's not always as black and white as you think it is. We have to establish criminality. Don't ignore my entire post save but a fraction, I do not advocate police authoritarianism.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
No legal analysis...just watching the video and hearing the same ol thing when it comes to a beat down. Its the Police stating "stop resisting" while there beating the hell of somebody when the Police Cam is on. That way they can beat the hell out of someone without recource....I hear what ur saying.but come on...watch this video. I would think it would be totally different unless u actually SAW the person resist. Then, ur conclusion would be based on u seeing it through ur own eyes....

Since the person with the video camera didn't want to get a close up on this situation ur perception would be totally different.

Than the question would be...in your experience in Reno...how many cops did it take??? Well, in this case it looks like 7 on 1???

Make ur own conclusion....the "Doctrine" is "stop resisting" but again its all relative.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by hoochymama]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   

We have a fairly regular population of meth addicts up here. Nevada has a huge problem with it, Northern Nevada being the states worst region. Sometimes it does take a few officers and a beat down. However, I would like to hear the suspects side of the story and an unbiased legal analysis before deciding whether this was a case of police brutality or not.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Ur missing my point...its the use of "your resisting" in the Police vocabulary no matter if ur resisting or not.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   

I'm not missing your point. But that is an accusation that needs to be substantiated. We can't just make the claim and have it be true. Otherwise, you would be using a tactic the police use against people all the time, which is wrong.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Hmmm, strange, reminded me of a documentary I once saw of a bunch of lions feeding on a fresh kill. But in this case, I think they were more like hyenas…

[edit on 25-10-2009 by WorldObserver]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
You cant resist arrest, then choose the manner in which the police effect your arrest.

Ask anyone who has worked at a real police dept, sometimes you have to fight people and it's never pretty. What some people call being "heavy handed", the police call "command presence".. letting people know in no uncertain terms they will get their ass legally kicked with as much force as is necessary if they choose to resist.

Keep in mind an officers gun is involved.. you dont want officers wrestling with suspects in some kind of "fair fight" where the cops risk losing their firearm.. which puts everyones immediate safety at risk. Therefore the cops treat these as "fights for their life" and will unfairly and brutally thump you as many times as it takes for resistance to cease. From day 1 of the sheriffs academy it is drilled into your head: if you lose a fight, you're as good as dead... it's not a game.

If you wanted to fire every beat cop who has used physical force, there would be no officers on the streets.. many officers wouldn't even make it through one shift. Those officers actually did as they were trained, swarming with pain compliance are proven tactics instructed at academies and scribed into police policy manuals all over.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join