It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Israeli PM Ehud Olmert confronted by angry protesters while lecturing in Chicago!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

desertpeace.wordpress.com...

On 15 October 2009, former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert came to give the annual King Abdullah II Leadership Lecture at the University of Chicago's Harris School of Public Policy.

Outraged that a man responsible for war crimes in Palestine and Lebanon that killed more than three thousand people during his term of office, community members confronted Olmert inside the lecture hall effectively preventing him from delivering his speech.

The Goldstone report, examining Israel's attack on Gaza last winter, while Olmert was prime minister, called for Israeli leaders to be held accountable for war crimes and crimes against humanity.

Recording and photography were officially banned at Olmert's request, but The Electronic Intifada had a camera anyway as protestor after protestor rose to make a statement before police forced them to leave.

[mod edit: added source link and Required EX tags]
Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page): MEMBERS: Do not simply post news articles in the forums without comment. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of current events, please post the first paragraph, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Eye On War

I don't know if it is my speakers or their audio but did you happen to catch if there was a reply by Olmert?

It is amusing that freedom of expression can only occur behind closed doors with no proof (or at least allowed proof).

Is there a way to save the video before youtube pulls it? I ask since it will most likely be pulled as the opening shows the letter expressing that video and audio are not allowed and well, things have been removed for lesser reasons.

new topics

join