It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of UFOs in Moon shot taken July 2009

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Ok, I've done a search and can't find a posting for this.

UFO, Satellite, bird or Insect...you decide..!!

I have embedded but recommend clicking on the links as this really needs to be viewed in HD mode and at full screen else you'll miss it.

Moon 6th July 2009 UFO Satellite or What Else???

FULL MOON 6 & 7 July 2009: UFOs, satellites, meteorites???

I'm undecided as to what it actually is, but tend to sway from it being an insect within close proximity of the lens due to the zoom factor and sharp focus involved and for the same reason I sway from it being a bird or a bat but cannot completely dismiss the latter, maybe someone with a greater knowledge on depth of field can supply their input.

I thought it could be satellites but also sway from this due to the fact that they do not maintain a constant velocity or linear trajectory.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by Koka]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I honestly think that they are satellites.

Hey I can go in my back yard on a clear night and see at least 3-4 within an hour.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by colec156

I might have said the same, but at 34 seconds on the first video one of the objects appears at 4 o'clock moving diagonally toward the centre, slows down moves vertically then speeds off diagonally on the same trajectory it initially started, hardly the behaviour of a satellite.

I've seen plenty of satellites in my time but none that change direction or velocity.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by Koka]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
It does show something going forward then turns to right, and then continues forward. And with high speed.

It happens to be the same detail in much other videos: if its moving like it does, how could it be a satellite?

Other than a satellite (and alien-made object), what could it be?

Would appreciate opinions for this two questions i have. I think its the main ones.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by eddy_12]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I'd say it has to be UFO's, because think of this.

It cannot be a Satellite because Satellites don't move and turn that fast.

It cannot be a plane, for the same reasons.

It couldn't be a bug, considering the object did the same maneuver multiple times.

What else could it be?

*Waits for that loser to comment with technical airplane knowledge on how it could be some sort of something we do have that apparently moves just like that*

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I see what looks like a bird or bat flying between the camera and the moon, is that what you're referring too? At times I can even make out what looks like a little bit of flapping motion but it's far enough away to make that hard to detect.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Well I'm not going to dismiss the possibility that it could be a bat or a bird, but given how far the person filming has zoomed into the moon, I'm not sure that a bat or bird would actually show up given it's size.

However, the focal length of the lens may be a factor, in as much that it will only focus to a certain distance thereafter would be considered infinity, if the bird or bat fell into that area it may well be in focus as much as the moon itself.

This is the reason I'm asking for someone more qualified than myself to supply their input.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I'm guessing by the distinct lack of responses to this, I neglected to over sensationalise the title.....will I never learn....

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
reply to post by Arbitrageur

However, the focal length of the lens may be a factor, in as much that it will only focus to a certain distance thereafter would be considered infinity, if the bird or bat fell into that area it may well be in focus as much as the moon itself.

This was my thinking exactly, logic (of the people who aren't educated in the telescope field) would conclude that the bird or bat (or anything close or within our earth's atmosphere) in question would appear large and most likely cover our view of the moon, as opposed to being a miniscule speck on the moons surface. That alone rules out anything within our earth space, so its basically satellite/UFO/???

[Forgive me if there is a perfectly logical explanation as to why it is a bird/bat, and please enlighten me]

Its definitely an unidentified flying object, but whether it's alien..???

I'm a UFO believer, but I think a proper analysis should be done here before we jump to any conclusions at least.

I for one hope its aliens!

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
OK for those that are finding it hard to see the object in question please see the graphic below, bear in mind the reference in seconds relates to the first video in my initial post.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by Koka]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
In the second video, where something appears to be moving on or above the surface. What editing has been done to that video has there been panning?

The reason I ask is that the moon looks to be in sync with the object. If there was panning while editing this would result in the same effect .

If there video is unaltered then it looks like the object is moving with the moon then this is very unlikely to be a bird or bug.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
well, i see only pixels moving on the image. Who is able to tell you what those pixels are?

But, if an object is located in the depth of field interval of the lens, then, it will appear clear, focused.
I guess from some experience, that an amateur telescope can have the depth of field - when focused to infinite-, starting about a few hundred of meters away, or even starting a few kilometers away..depending on focal length, aperture, senzor resolution. So, anything beyound let's say a few kilometers away, but still in the earth atmosphere, will appear focused. And when i say a few kilometers, i include the posibility that the moon is not high in the sky, above your head, but more close to the horizon.
Distant birds could be VERY WELL. Virtually anything in the Earth atmosphere could align with the moon, even distant meteo baloons.
For sure, nobody could tell you what a pixel is.

Here an example of distant moon, plane and a building, all appearing in focus:

chrislintott.net...

There are depth of field calculators, for example:

www.dofmaster.com...

but, we need "circle of confusion" value and telescope parameters to make some calculations...for other well known cameras, the calculations can be done.

[edit on 18/10/09 by depthoffield]

[edit on 18/10/09 by depthoffield]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by depthoffield

Thank you depthoffield and I could not have asked for a more apt name...

What you have shown in your example is exactly that which I was talking about which is the reason that I could not dismiss the possibility of it being a bird or bat, which I am now swaying toward.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by Koka]

new topics

top topics

join