It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Have Been Warned

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take it away from them, and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." - Sir Josiah Stamp, Director of the Bank of England (in the 1920s); reputed to be the 2nd wealthiest man in England at that time.

Im just a crazy conspiracy theorist though....

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Excellent thread, really interesting.

Quite thought provoking.

Will save this for later, but I have a question.

If men like Eishenhower knew about the fact that a few men control the US, why couldn't he do somthing about it. If a group of bankers controls my country, and I'm the president, what stops me from putting an end to it?
The positions these " few men " hold are as imaginary as the president, in a sense that the power is given to them by us. So why couldn't he do anything about it!!!?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Redneck from Hell

Good point.

Perhaps he was a death fearing man. If he talked too much about "doing something about it", maybe he would have been killed off?

Perhaps he thought that most would not even believe a change is needed. And by change, I mean drastic change. Similar to what is an apparent necessity today.

Just some thoughts...

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know."

-Donald Rumsfield

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
God I wish I could be more hopeful but I just feel like a puppet on a string at this point, I feel so tired. I feel so worn out. Could we even have a chance?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by factbeforefiction

Yes. There is always a chance. There is definitely a solution out there to many of our problems. We just need to get an army of problem solvers, armed with pencils and paper to find it.

If you look at my signature, I believe Permaculture is one such alternative or solution.

Have hope.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Way too long, but I probably know what you said.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
C.S. Lewis: "No man knows how bad he is till he has tried very hard to be good. A silly idea is current that good people do not know what temptation means. This is an obvious lie. Only those who try to resist temptation know how strong it is. After all, you find out the strength of the German army by fighting against it, not by giving in. You find out the strength of a wind by trying to walk against it, not by lying down. A man who gives in to temptation after five minutes simply does not know what it would have been like an hour later. That is why bad people, in one sense, know very little about badness. They have lived a sheltered life by always giving in. We never find out the strength of the evil impulse inside us until we try to fight it: and Christ, because he was the only man who never yielded to temptation, is also the only man who knows to the full what temptation means--the only complete realist."

All men will hate you because of me. But Blessed are you when men hate you. Mark 13:13

Government is an unnecessary evil. Human beings, when accustomed to taking responsibility for their own behavior, can cooperate on a basis of mutual trust and helpfulness.
Fred Woodworth

If human beings are fundamentally good, no government is necessary; if they are fundamentally bad, any government, being composed of human beings, would be bad also.
Fred Woodworth

Ninety eight percent of the adults in this country are decent, hardworking, honest Americans. It's the other lousy two percent that get all the publicity. But then, we elected them.
Lily Tomlin

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think. - Adolf Hitler

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redneck from Hell
Excellent thread, really interesting.

Quite thought provoking.

Will save this for later, but I have a question.

If men like Eishenhower knew about the fact that a few men control the US, why couldn't he do somthing about it. If a group of bankers controls my country, and I'm the president, what stops me from putting an end to it?
The positions these " few men " hold are as imaginary as the president, in a sense that the power is given to them by us. So why couldn't he do anything about it!!!?

There is a movie made back in 1990 called Millers Crossing that starred Gabriel Burns and Albert Finney. Finney was the Irish mob boss in charge of New Orleans back during the prohibition era. He is at war with the Italian mob boss. Burns as an adviser tells Finney to give in on the others demands for now because he's crazy and you don't win a war with crazy people. Also (this is real important), he says that "You only have power if people think your powerful and in charge, an when they don't think it your not in charge". That is what's happening to the presidency in the US from Eisenhower (really earlier) up to now. He's in a very very gilded cage, and I do believe that it's more gilded than it was back then (try seeing the presidents now saying what Eisenhower said today). You think that its the best job and your going to do this or that and be the top dog, and then find out the real deal.

Which is you have to do that or this and your freedom is curtailed. Also everything has to be done thinking of the political ramifications to you and to the country and to the party you belong. Also I've always wondered this and maybe you agree. Whats to stop the intelligence agencies of our country from bugging the presidents in his private quarters, I don't think nothing can stop them really. The machinations of state and the govt. as a whole has superseded the actual job of the president. With the help of private business and banks, they essentially have taken over the important parts and let the presidents and the others to run around and mess with the usual (gay marriage, abortion, religion).

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No longer a government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men.

~ Woodrow Wilson

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I consider it a mark of great prudence in a man to abstain from threats or any contemptuous expressions, for neither of these weaken the enemy, but threats make him more cautious, and the other excites his hatred, and a desire to revenge himself.~ Niccolo Machiavelli

I decided to post this because of the question asked why do they put up with a power controlling them. If nothing else alls they would have to do is make it a point that their family and or friends wellbeing are being watched over by them.

A truly great president would have to risk their family and friends lives, for the greater good, without any guarantees of success. Also, whos to say anyone would believe them, outside of ATS of course. If a president said something I am sure it would either be a next day newscast saying he has been institutionalized, or he committed suicide with a crazy suicide note that discredits his statements.

Don't forget they have been in control a long time, if all this is true, and practice makes perfect. So I am sure whoever has control has many ways of maintaining it.

Lust for power begets Greed, Acheiving power breeds the fear of loss. ~ Me

*Grammar Edit

[edit on 18-10-2009 by KingAtlas]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
It's funny these two hasn't been mentioned yet:

“If the American people knew what we have done, they would string us up from the lamp posts.”

- George H.W. Bush

“The individual is handicapped by coming face-to-face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists.”

- J. Edgar Hoover

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unlimitedpossibilities
reply to post by Redneck from Hell

Good point.

Perhaps he was a death fearing man. If he talked too much about "doing something about it", maybe he would have been killed off?

Perhaps he thought that most would not even believe a change is needed. And by change, I mean drastic change. Similar to what is an apparent necessity today.

Just some thoughts...

or perhaps he forseen what will happen to him if he try something against them like JFK did...

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. He who gives up freedom for safety deserves neither.

Benjamin Franklin (17 January 1706 – 17 April 1790)

so old yet so up to date.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
very good topic.....
keep posting friends.....

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
“If the American people knew what we have done, they would string us up from the lamp posts.”

- George H.W. Bush

very true and funny

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
This is JFK's last speech in Texas. Watch it and think of what Obama is let happening. Kennedy warns against what Obama is doing now. We don't like the wars but he is so right. Think of Venezuela and what is about to happen in Honduras all because of Obamas policy of appeasement.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Let us not forget the now famous quote by Neil Armstrong:

"...we have only completed a beginning; we leave you much that is undone... there are... breakthroughs available to those who can remove one of truths protective layers. There are places to go beyond belief..." - Neil Armstrong

A quote that dare I say, should be hailed as the very Motto of ATS.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Great thread

This is one of my fav's

Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it.
- John Lennon

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Excellent post.

I find it hard to believe that some will still refer to this as a "theory".

"..whats that? you're crazy if you think people conspire when it comes to power and money!"

yeah...yep.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join