It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will we learn the Chinese are Poisoning us??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Insurers dropping Chinese drywall policies

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. – James and Maria Ivory's dreams of a relaxing retirement on Florida's Gulf Coast were put on hold when they discovered their new home had been built with Chinese drywall that emits sulfuric fumes and corrodes pipes. It got worse when they asked their insurer for help — and not only was their claim denied, but they've been told their entire policy won't be renewed.

Thousands of homeowners nationwide who bought new houses constructed from the defective building materials are finding their hopes dashed, their lives in limbo. And experts warn that cases like the Ivorys', in which insurers drop policies or send notices of non-renewal based on the presence of the Chinese drywall, will become rampant as insurance companies process the hundreds of claims currently in the pipeline.

At least three insurers have already canceled or refused to renew policies after homeowners sought their help replacing the bad wallboard. Because mortgage companies require homeowners to insure their properties, they are then at risk of foreclosure, yet no law prevents the cancellations.

Link

news.yahoo.com...

It seems like everytime we turn around we are being poisoned by Chinese products, from ingredients for our toothpaste and medications to Lead in the toys for our kids, to radioactive metals in other products that we receive from China to other ingredients we get in our food products from them. Heck, China won't have to fire a shot to take us over - they are doing quietly by buying our elected representatives to ignore their subversive goals of taking over America. Write you Congressmen to start testing all products from China.

We are being Screwed by our own officials and we are letting them 'F' us.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
When walmart is the only supermarket open!

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Yeah, but the products are cheaper and we don't have support each other buy buying "American". :-> People volunteer to betray their world. Aren't these people getting what they want and deserve?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Watch this video and investigation on this:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I just don't understand this at all. From what I have always heard, we have the largest Gypsum deposits and the biggest drywall company on the planet here in the US. Why the hell would they ship drywall over from china instead of just buying it from American Gypsum? I can't see how that could possibly be cheaper?!?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I learned a while ago. Check the links.

US Consumer products safety commission

Infant/Child Product Recalls (not including toys)
www.cpsc.gov...

Toy Hazard Recalls
www.cpsc.gov...

Recalls Related to Household Products
www.cpsc.gov...

Recalls Involving Outdoor Products
www.cpsc.gov...

Sports & Recreation Related Recalls
www.cpsc.gov...

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Because we consumers allowed it to happen.

Try these links to educate yourself.

The World Trade Organization

Top Reasons to Oppose the WTO.

The U.S. has become a third world nation.

But Obama will fix it all.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Since these types of issues have been coming to light, even more so, I try to avoid products that are labeled as being made in China. But so many products that we use contain multiple ingredients and we don't know where the ingredients all came from.

I didn't stop purchasing the Chinese items just because of the possible harm they could do; I stopped and thought and realized that all of our money going out of our country was not supportive of our economy and fellow Americans. Unfortunately, many people, for various reasons, will always continue to purchase whatever is cheapest, even if they know the consequences.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
lel1111 I totally agree with you on that one. I stopped buying Chinese products a couple of years ago. Unless it is something I absolutely Need.
I swear there is almost Nothing left if you refuse to buy Chinese products.

As to trying to get others to understand what they are doing when they buy these products, well it is like beating a dead horse. Even my friends that are still working making good money will hit Wal Mart first every time. It just kills me to see all of our jobs going overseas.
I would love to see the trade agreements flushed as a Bad experment but the PTB are making a killing so that will never happen.

U.S. Exports to China
from 2004 to 2008

www.census.gov...

U.S. Imports from China
from 2004 to 2008
www.census.gov...

Data: Country by 5-digit End-Use Code, Annual totals, 2004-2008 by country.

Imports
Exports

www.census.gov...

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Plus - our own insurance companies bending us over after denying our claims after we are poisoned! I guess they consider that a pre-existing condition!

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
What ever happened to our good ole american made asbestos? Oh wait...er...nevermind. Before declaring a nation is trying to destroy their customers, first establish malicious intent.

"Asbestos became more widespread during the industrial revolution; in the 1860s it was used as insulation in the U.S. and Canada. Development of the first commercial asbestos mine began in 1879 in the Appalachian foothills of Quebec. By the mid 20th century uses included fire retardant coatings, concrete, bricks, pipes and fireplace cement, heat, fire, and acid resistant gaskets, pipe insulation, ceiling insulation, fireproof drywall, flooring, roofing, lawn furniture, and drywall joint compound.

Approximately 100,000 people in the United States have died, or will die, from asbestos exposure related to ship building. In the Hampton Roads area, a shipbuilding center, mesothelioma occurrence is seven times the national rate. Thousands of tons of asbestos were used in World War II ships to wrap the pipes, line the boilers, and cover engine and turbine parts. There were approximately 4.3 million shipyard workers in the United States during WWII; for every thousand workers about fourteen died of mesothelioma and an unknown number died from asbestosis." - en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 17-10-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
As I have stated in my previous replies, the H1N1 vaccine has components that are made in China. I have now used Pyrex glass cups bowls and plates for about 6 years. The porcelain used in Chinese pottery have been found to contain lead. I also use stainless steel flatware to eat with, no plastic anything that can heat up and release toxins into my body. China has always said that the USA is the sworn enemy of China. I don’t trust them and I never will.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
My best friends daughter got sever lead poisoning from products made in china. Its so cute because now she freaks out over anything made in china, to the point that her mother has to hide the origin of some things because there is no american made equivalent. Barbie, My Little Pony ect. all those toys are on her no-no list.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Gee, just when the american home owner had enough to worry about, now this: Feds: Homes with Chinese drywall must be gutted

Them chineeeese have done it too us again! Boycott ALL their CRAP!!! If you don't, then you a traitor to your own economy!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

CHINA STRIKES AGAIN!
Story Link...

Chinese fluoride is a homeland security matter

Cumberland Times-News
February 28, 2010

Chinese fluoride is a homeland security matter
LETTER

By Bernard W. Miltenberger

Frostburg, Maryland

The Pure Water Committee of Western Maryland Inc. was formed in 1960 as a grass roots network of citizens with a 50-year-old mission to educate the public of the complete fraud of the practice called water fluoridation.

Recently, it has come to my attention in an engineering report for the city of Boulder, Colo., that they did an evaluation of fluoridation chemicals and sources and found that much of the fluoride chemicals used for water fluoridation are now coming out of China with arsenic and lead levels of 50 and 40 milligrams respectively per bag and non-existent regulatory monitoring of the salt or acid compounds from these imports.

This type of trade from a country with a track record of lead paint on toys to antifreeze in cough syrup medicine is completely unacceptable.

After visiting the Frostburg Water Filtration Plant on Feb. 23, it has come to my attention that Frostburg has sodium fluoride bags with no source or import information on them.

Only after I asked for the certificate of analysis from Solvay fluorides through Univar USA, which is the chemical supplier for the Frostburg Water Plant, did I receive the certificate of analysis from Shanghai Mintchem Development Co., LTD., the Chinese manufacture of the sodium fluoride.

The material safety data sheets from Solvay fluorides shows that a teaspoon amount of 5 grams of sodium fluoride can be fatal to an average size man of 70kg.

In toxicological information section, chronic toxicity by oral route may cause skeletal and dental fluorosis, thyroid, testes, kidney, liver, ambiguous carcinogenic and mutagenic effects, fetotoxic and fertility effects.

I have asked now for two years for the Frostburg Mayor and Council to put in the water bill for area residence the ADA warning to not to use fluoridated water when making infant formula, but to no avail.

I have showed them the 2003 sixth edition PDR special warning section for Luride (sodium fluoride in pill form) that children under the age of six should not be taking the same equivalent dose that municipalities add to the drinking water.

I asked them why they would continue this practice when the PDR states that not even a dentist or doctor should be administering this equivalent dose to a child under the age of 6.

I have explained to them that the warning label on fluoride toothpaste states, that if you swallow more than a pea size amount of paste or .25 milligrams of fluoride, which is the equivalent dose of 8 ounces of fluoridated water, you should contact the poison control center immediately.

We can no longer trust our local governments to do the right thing for its citizens. I find it so ironic that the same federal government that is demanding small communities under the clean water act, like Mount Savage to join to the Frostburg Regional water supply, because of an overt concern over possible ground water contamination, then allows this toxic waste byproduct from China to enter this country and be added to this same regional water supply.

Are we insane?

Instead of the city of Frostburg being honest with me over this imported chemical use and stopping this harmful practice, they seem more concerned over my visit to the water plant to obtain this information.

This is a serious homeland security matter for Frostburg and many other fluoridated communities, including Cumberland. Please contact both Frostburg and Cumberland elected officials and ask for this practice to be halted immediately.

new topics

top topics

join