It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The threat of “martial law” is a red herring

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
It is possible, what if the military controlled the food?

And in a martial law situation.. That's pretty likely, right?

"He who controls the food, controls the world"

I'd follow orders if I was starving, wouldn't you?

Edit: Sorry, didn't notice people have already mentioned this.

[edit on 18/11/09 by WishForWings]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Primordial

Doing just those things above could potentially control much of the country with relatively few military personnel.

I'm in NYC so I'll use that as an example.

Lincoln & Holland tunnels.
George Washington, Triborough, Verrazano, Whitestone, Throgs Neck, Brigdes.
A few minor bridges between the Bronx and Manhattan.

Sure.

You could say the same thing about LA especially, but all major cities too.

But there are many major cities. Too many. There is a huge number of not-so-major cities and countless towns. You have to account for these.

I could see them doing this on a local basis. They'd really be "steeping in it" if they tried it though.

As for food, I don't see people just laying down and taking it. You do not interfere with peoples survival instincts and think you can just get away with it. People can be vicious when cornered, and there will be NO doubt on who is doing the cornering. Sure, some will take it. But you must account for the people that won't.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I agree somewhat, but I see so many people today who are clueless as to what's going on beyond the little snippets on the 11 o clock news.

Getting them to take any action would be a monumental feat. By the time they reach the point of getting off their ass and doing something it will be too late for them.

Then they have to actually know WHAT to do. If it doesn't involve texting someone on their phone or changing the channel on their tv, they're screwed.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Agreed.

I thought about this a lot. The thing is, we just don't know. We see people and wonder if they know whats going on, and usually assume the worst. But they might be more prepared than I am.

I hardly ever directly talk about these things face to face with people. But when I insert a phrase like "police state" or "9/11 BS" into the occasional conversation, testing the waters, I've been pleasantly surprised to find a like-minded person. It doesn't happen often, but it happens.

I go by the little things to judge how ready people are. For example, at my local small gunstore I asked the dealer how many ARs he sells in a week, and at that one place they sell at least 10. People don't buy them for hunting. And over a years time that is a lot of rifles sold to people that intend to use them for what they are made for.
And that isn't the only store in the area. And that's just one model of rifle, not counting AKs etc..

People are arming up. business.timesonline.co.uk... I tend to think that there are more out there than we realize.

I agree somewhat, but I see so many people today who are clueless as to what's going on beyond the little snippets on the 11 o clock news.

Wait until THEY get raked over the coals. I venture to say that we all were like this, until something happened. We weren't born this way.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Maybe the financial oligarchs have actually planned the collapse of the US as a world power (to replace it by the EU). If that's the case (and I believe it to be), the martial law and the eventual collapse of the US are inevitable.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
also don't discount advanced military technology. i.e. microwave guns and soundwave guns. i can't say if it's probable or not given the current population, but it's definitely possible and also more probable than your scenario accounts for.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join