It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversial Dutch MP visits U.K

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Controversial Dutch MP visits U.K

news.bbc.co.uk

e told a packed press conference in Westminster he was "proud of the UK asylum and immigration tribunal" for overturning the ban.

And he repeated his criticism of Muslim ideology and defended his call for the Koran to be banned in Holland.

His press conference was moved inside amid angry scenes, with demonstrators chanting "Wilders go to hell".

About 40 Muslim protesters gathered outside the Abbey Gardens buildings, opposite the Houses of Parliament, where the hastily rearranged press conference was held.

Held back by a police line, and surrounded by camera crews from around th
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.sky.com[/ur l]
[url=http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/oct/16/far-right-dutch-geert-wilders-uk]www.guardian.co.uk

www.guardian.co.uk

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Is this guy that controversial? To be honest i don't know what his record is like back in the Netherlands, but i am aware he is facing charges for inciting hatred.

Now for those of you who know my points of view, you will know i am a big defender of the Muslim community in the U.K and around the World. But for me to some extent he is correct on the Koran being a facist book.

I personally am no fan of any religion, but when you have protesters ( as you did yesterday protesting against Geert Wilders) daming our democracy to hell and calling for Sharia law in our country, which after all is nominally Christian, i draw the line.

This guy comes across quite well for me, he may be a bit extreme in some of the language he uses, but it doesn't seem like an act to incite hatred, he just seems to be genuinely concerned about extremism eminating from some parts of the Muslim community.

Your views?

The additional links have video footage of his press conference and a profile of the MP.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
this has already been posted my friend

twice lol.

i cant find the thread tho cuz i am off out now.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk

Is this guy that controversial? To be honest i don't know what his record is like back in the Netherlands, but i am aware he is facing charges for inciting hatred.

Now for those of you who know my points of view, you will know i am a big defender of the Muslim community in the U.K and around the World. But for me to some extent he is correct on the Koran being a facist book.

I personally am no fan of any religion, but when you have protesters ( as you did yesterday protesting against Geert Wilders) daming our democracy to hell and calling for Sharia law in our country, which after all is nominally Christian, i draw the line.

This guy comes across quite well for me, he may be a bit extreme in some of the language he uses, but it doesn't seem like an act to incite hatred, he just seems to be genuinely concerned about extremism eminating from some parts of the Muslim community.

Your views?

I know this will get closed due to it being a duplicate but I'll chip in anyway. I was tolerant about Islam until about 3 or 4 years ago - no specific incident, just daily incremental drip-drip-dripping - and, since then, I've found it difficult to lend sympathy to either Islam as a religion or a group of worshippers. I genuinely believe that much of the way Islam is actually practised and the culture that grows up around it is just not compatible with much of the Western European culture. It's just too at odds with many aspects of the culture(s) that already exist here. There's certain aspects of our culture where women are getting the #ty end of the stick (even if they are benefiting in other areas) and, in my opinion, Islam is a step backwards in that respect. Whilst there's always exceptions where people can point to women who appear to be relatively independent, educated and free, the truth is that this can't be same for the vast majority of women in Islamic cultures. Or at least the Islamic culture I see on a daily basis living in a predominantly Islamic area.

Yes, I appreciate (in all senses of the word) a 'melting-pot' mentality but, eventually, you throw too many things into the pot and the stew will taste like # and no longer be palatable for anybody.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

About 40 Muslim protesters gathered outside the Abbey Gardens buildings, opposite the Houses of Parliament, where the hastily rearranged press conference was held.

Held back by a police line, and surrounded by camera crews from around the world, they chanted slogans such as "Sharia for the UK" and "Freedom go to hell" and held up placards saying: "Sharia for the Netherlands" and "Islam will be superior". ''Defend freedom'

One protester, Sayful Islam, said they wanted to see Mr Wilders "tried in an Islamic court" for "insulting the Prophet", adding: "We need to put this dog on a leash".

A brilliant turnout from the Muslims there. If you wanted to show just how wrong Wilders is, you could have done better than saying exactly what he said you were saying.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sargon of Akkad
A brilliant turnout from the Muslims there.

Not another islamic turnout..
www.snopes.com...

Originally posted by Sargon of Akkad
If you wanted to show just how wrong Wilders is..

I suspect the religious cultists have got it wrong as well.

Shariah in the UK - Website statement:

“In light of the Islamic resurgence taking place around the world, particularly in the United Kingdom, one can definitively come to the conclusion that the dawn of a new era is close and that the prophecies of the Final Messenger Muhammad (saw) in relation to the domination of Islam worldwide are indeed true.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Intresting talk on BBC about Geert Wilders....

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

Keith Vaz is an idiot, i don't even know why he was in on that debate, he did not make one valid or helpful point. The other two, who were to some extent arguing opposing views were able to debate with civility and intelligence.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Tell me about it. Mr Vaz never even watched the video and he's on the panel talking about keeping Mr Wilders out of the UK.

Would love to see Mr Wilders on Question Time!

Tsom87

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Personally there have been a number of issues that get muddled. As I understand it his comments surrounding the Koran and Mien Kampf are based around the issue that mein kamf is banned in the Netherlands, and his logic as I understand it runs along the lines of, if mien Kampf is banned so should books of an equal nature, thus we get comments comparing mein kampf to the Koran, and stating that the Koran should be banned.

That does not translate well in the UK press as mein kamf is not a banned book, nor will the biased press explain that point.. hence the level of misunderstanding in the UK.

IMHO it would be better if the Netherlands took mein kampf off their banned list.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

The thing that people like Brits, Americans and most of the rest of Europe does not understand, is that Holland, because of it's laid back government has seen the effects of having a large amount of Muslims running around in their country and the havoc it has caused. He is warning other laid back and welcoming countries, such as Britain, about the things that will happen to their schools and legal systems as a result of letting the Muslims get entirely their own way.

We can listen to him, or call him a Nazi. Unfortunately, the media treats him as a fringe whacko, instead of bothering to give his experience and insight any kind of credibility. Unfortunately, he makes for a better story than "Muslim bashing" does, as none of the papers want to get a reputation as being some kind of "fascist sympathizer" damn media and their selfish need to only sell newspapers and lies, instead of being interested in the truth. They will wake up when it's too late.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

Thats so true!

People need to listen to this guy and stop calling him a Racist. I listened to his Press Conference yesterday and what he says IMO is true. The koran needs to be discussed like Lord Pearson said. We can't keep ignoring it. If we do theres going to come a time when freedom was a thing of the past in the Europe and North America.

Tsom87

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TSOM87
People need to listen to this guy and stop calling him a Racist. I listened to his Press Conference yesterday and what he says IMO is true. The koran needs to be discussed like Lord Pearson said. We can't keep ignoring it.

I agree with what you say but how can folks call Wilders a racist
when 'islam' is just 'an opinion of the mind' and not a geographical location?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

True!

I have heard people in the media calling him a Racist. Here's one instance, check out 4:00 min on this video

Tsom87

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

Sorry, just to clarify is your point that what he said about people from Morroco and such having not an education was racist? Or people complained about that being racist?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   

What he talks about in general people accuse him of being a Racist. He said in the video that he wouldn't want to live in the Netherlands let alone a city where the majority where Islamic...so there for he a Racist? The man has said countless times he's not a Racist and dosen't hate Islam.

If my country became a majority Islam and the town became majority Islam, i know for sure i wouldn't want to live there. Thats not because i hate Islam. I just wouldn't comfortable and the fact that my town and country has been overtaking would leave a bad taste and i would feel hurt inside. Knowing my town and country has changed so much from what it used to be.

Which i know if we don't start to stand up, that will became a reality!

Tsom87

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It is a perfectly honest and reasonable thing to say- I daresay most people living in a western city of non muslim background would not be happy living in a muslim majority city

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
They guy is saying reasonable things.
I'd vote for him in a millisecond.

new topics

top topics

join