It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do not read when your sensitive to suggestion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Don't read this if your sensetive to suggestion

Ok, don't say I didn't warn ya!

So yesterday my kid comes home from school and she is scratching in her hair.
You guessed it: headlice!... The same thing every year!!
I asked her how long her head was itchy and she said 'since yesterday'.

It's the goddmn school. Every year in the first week of school they get a note saying there are headlice found in the class and if we would please check our children. School started almost two months ago and they still have the lice problem.
Don't those parents see their kids scratching? Don't they check them? How is it possible that you don't notice that? How is it possible that they don't act once the school told you your kid has it. It's not like we live in a 3rd world country, a lice lotion doesn't cost that much.

So anyway, I went to the pharmacy right away to get a lotion and they had this new thing called Rezultz, which is supposed to work after only 10 min, instead of the usual 12 hour treatments.
Then got home, put the stuff on her hair, changed beddings, put the stuffed animals and coats in the freezer, boiled all the hairbrushes, removed the pillows in the livingroom, etc etc, it kept me busy till late at night.

In the mean time I can only think "lice lice lice lice lice lice lice" and my whole body start to feel itchy. I checked my hubby's hair, he checked mine and both of us where clean. But I'm still itching. So by midnight I can't stand it any longer and put the lice lotion on my hair as well just to be sure.

This morning my kid is cured from the itch, there are no more beasties found on her, but me on the other hand, the itchy scratchy feeling goes on and on. So my hubby checks me again: nope nothing there.

aaaarch! I'm going insane over here! I'm seriously considering getting more lotion or taking a bath in some disinfecting substance!

it's suggestion
it's itching
(do you feel it yet?)

btw, all ideas to get this out of my system are welcome!

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Oh, I played this game with the school system when my oldest kids went to school.
When the third note came home about it being in the class- I yanked my kids out, so did other parents, until it was under control.
My younger children just started school this year, and the classes, every child, every head was checked for lice THE FIRST DAY, and subsequently a week after, by a group of volunteers.
Some parents are just ignorant to the signs of a lice infestation despite the school trying to educate them.
I know it's frustrating as heck.
For the record, I never used expensive shampoos from the pharmacy.
A couple drops of tea tree oil in regular shampoo and a nit comb worked for us.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

It's a problem in a lot of schools over here.
Last year we got a note from the school saying that we where not allowed to keep the kids home because there is a lice problem.
IMO kids who have lice SHOULD stay home, but that's against the law.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

That is ridiculous.
I would demand the school get volunteers to search the kids.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I see borders are irrelevant when it comes to stupidity.

Schools in New York are the same.

At school you're told if you stay home you'll miss too much stuff and you'll fail.

At work you're told if you stay home your job might be in danger or you won't get paid.

The result of course is that people come in with lice, or with the flu etc etc.

At my office I have people that have such a warped mentality that instead of taking one day off when under the weather they will keep coming to work, get everyone else sick, and then eventually collapse and miss 2 weeks.

Insanity...

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

oh they have volunteers, the 'lice moms' lol
if they find lice they write a note to the kids parents asking them to start treatment, then they come back after 3 weeks to check again.
So far, they found lice every 3 weeks since school started.

School should make children with lice stay home, that's on thing.
But after checking with some parents yesterday, I guess it's their fault also. You won't believe what kind of alternate tricks these people invent to get rid of lice! One mom said she uses a few drops of Petrol on the kids head... another said she kills them with a hot hair straightner, most don't even own an lice comb! No wonder these things keep coming back...

As for me and my itching.... it's not lice, it's an allergic reaction to the lice lotion, go figure! So according to the pharmacist, a suiting lotion and some suiting cream for my red hands will do the trick in just a few days.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
I see borders are irrelevant when it comes to stupidity.

yeah, I guess we knew that already...

You don't fail school from missing 2 or 3 days...
and companies don't realize that an epidemic under the 'worker bees' will cost them a lot more then one persons sick-day.

new topics

top topics

join